SongsofJoy143's Daugher? Chops Off her TBL Hair!

Now that I'm back from my daydream of having hair that long...

I used to say WHIP length would be enough for me but wow that makes me wonder if my hair could really be that long one day. It took her calf length hair to get a TBL pony.

beautiful hair covering a more beautiful soul .... I'm sure she loved her long hair and, obviously took good care of it, but to be inspired to cut it off as a donation to someone who has no hair .... to me that's a very special blessing.

I have no doubt her hair will grow back equally beautiful.

She's a lovely girl with gorgeous hair but I'm sorry, wouldn't be me; not even for donations.......:nono: I hope it's not for Locks of Love that was outed for fraud???!!

I don't shed a tear over someone chopping off their hair, more power. I will say this I ain't donating one single strand off my head.

@CurlyMoo

Please elaborate.

Maybe fraud is harsh, but I don't completely trust them. There was some controversy over the fact that some of the hair that is donated is sold for profit not to go toward cancer patients. Here is something from Wiki:

Criticisms

Locks of Love has received criticism for its practice of selling donated hair, rather than using it in wigs as the donors expect. According to the Locks of Love website, some unusable hair (bleached, highlighted, gray, or shorter than 10") is sold to offset the cost of manufacture of custom-made wigs.[6]

According to its tax returns, Locks of Love made $1.9 million from hair sales from 2001 to 2006, and took in another $3.4 million in donations. Besides paying for wigs, the money goes to overhead and other costs, including grants for alopecia research. Locks of Love sends the best of the hair it receives to a wig manufacturer, Taylormade Hair Replacement in Millbrae, Calif., which weeds through the selection still further, rejecting up to half.[2]

The Better Business Bureau 2010 report lists Locks of Love as a reputable charity, as of their evaluation done August 2009. Locks of Love is currently a member of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance[8]

Some blogs:

http://badhairday.typepad.com/bad_hair_day/2006/07/locks_of_love_i.html

http://verybigblog.com/2006/04/24/locks-of-love-is-a-scam/

http://www.paganspace.net/forum/topics/the-hairy-truth-about-locks-of

And that is why I decided to not donate my hair to locks of love. I cant say they're all bad, but if anyone is going to sell my hair, it will be me! That is why I donated my hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths.

I was so proud to see that though. I showed the video to my friend going through chemo and she was excited about it as well.

I don't consider what Locks of Love is doing to be bad at all, if you're running a charity with employees and a building overhead costs have to be accounted for. And yea, they probably can't use all the hair they get.

I don't consider what Locks of Love is doing to be bad at all, if you're running a charity with employees and a building overhead costs have to be accounted for. And yea, they probably can't use all the hair they get.

I guess then they would need to inform potential donors that they have a surplus and don't need the hair at this point. Maybe those donors would make a choice NOT to cut their hair, or sell it themselves. If LoL is selling the hair, the donors should be the one to profit or LoL should donate the funds to charity - cancer research, Mc D House, Make a Wish Found, etc...

WOW is all I can say. She should be very proud of herself for such a selfless donation. I planned to donate to Locks of Love when I get to waist length, but now I will reconsider and check our Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

I do. They also only give free wigs to patients who's hair is permanently gone. Otherwise, you have to pay for wigs.

Though she was just a lil' girl, she was my first hair idol back in '09. I'm happy her mother posted pics of her CL hair back then bc I had no clue that length was possible for kinky curly hair. Ok, I'm going to have to meditate on that pic of her calf length hair.

PS. Jupiter Moon and Longhairdontcare are going to have to take up the weight of my wishful thinking.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, she used nexxus shampoo & conditioner, and sealed with vaseline. That's it. There was a shampoo video but i guess they took it down because of how nasty people were.

If I remember correctly, she used nexxus shampoo & conditioner, and sealed with vaseline. That's it. There was a shampoo video but i guess they took it down because of how nasty people were.

DanceOnTheSkylines What do you mean ppl were nasty? How or why would anyone have anything nasty to say? Just curious. But that would explain why I couldnt find anything else on her. After watching this video my first thought was....WHAT IS HER REGI! LOL And I was very surprised I couldnt find anything....

Now that yall are mentioning the vaseline I believe I do remember her other videos. Why were they taken down? How were people being nasty? I dont see how someone could be nasty with such beautiful hair!!!!

I tried to send her a msg on YT telling her I saw the video and was so happy to see another donater but I cant send her a private msg either. If anyone has contact with her let her and her daughter know I said "HEY YALL!" and "Welcome to the bald side" lol

I still watch that video in shock and when I see the end I still get all giggly lmao I'm such a dork lmao

@blackindia07

Um, hey gorgeous head of hair. What's YO regi?! :lick:

NJoy thank you! I find it so funny that ppl are asking me my regi now! LOL I guess its pretty simple (well in comparison to what some women do)

I prepoo once a week with a mixture of avocado, coconut milk, EEVO, honey and various other oils like coconut, sweet almond, jojoba etc. But I believe it was the avocado and coconut milk that really made the difference. I put all of those ingredients into a blender until smooth. Wet my hair and apply and cover with plastic. I would leave it on for about 30 mins with heat.

Then shampoo with Keracare moisturizing detangling shampoo (I have been thru A LOT of shampoos and this one is by far my fav...I have stopped experimenting...it leaves my hair feeling like its already been conditioned)

Then I deep condition for 30 mins with heat. I used to steam but I broke my steamer :nono: (I havent found a conditioner that Im absolutely in love with yet...Im still experimenting so i cant give you any recommendations)

And lastly I use a reg conditioner. Right now Im using Salerm conditioner.

Occasionally I will use aphogee for some protein ( I dont do this often because my hair is very protein sensitive)

In the summer I cowash once or twice a week and do wash and gos.

Last edited:
Back