Something I noticed on Curve Salon website

jamaicanadian

Did anyone I ever notice this part?

http://www.curve-salon.com/theprocess.htm

They actually show some of their techniques except the silkening process
frown.gif

At first I thought that a silkener could only be done at that Curve salon,but I was flipping through a magazine that advertized a Mizani's silkener. I heard a lot of things about these texturizers and silkeners. Some have complained that the elongation of the curl is temporary.

the mizani silkening system is not the same as the curve one. the mizani is just products that are supposed to help "texturize" without chemicals. it has a lotion, gel, and two different kinds of mousse. Curve's is a relaxer that is just left on for 4-8 minutes or so. The girls' at curve just came up with the name Silkener. i think on a previous thread someone said that they used affirm relaxer.
hth

I remember Tracy calling Curve and being told that she had to have all natural hair before they could do a silkener on her, that there was no way they could do it on just the new growth of her texturized hair.

Yet - that's exactly what Curve did for this customer: Silkener on Texturized Hair ... I wonder what's going on over there.

[ QUOTE ]
epicura said:
That's because they don't want you to know it's a overpriced, quickly done mild relaxer

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, Yay I think thats it.

[ QUOTE ]
epicura said:
That's because they don't want you to know it's a overpriced, quickly done mild relaxer

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much

[ QUOTE ]
epicura said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...and from the way it looks, they have trademarked the term.
smirk.gif

Back