Some men really don't want sex during pregnancy?

A girlfriend of mine is 7.5 months pregnant and she recently told me that her SO of 3 years hasn't been in the mood for sex since the 2nd month of her pregnancy! What on earth??? She feels like he is not attracted to her anymore. But he says that he's still attracted to her but he's afraid that he'll hurt the baby and that all he see's is the bump while trying to get in the mood.

I think it's a load of crap....but I could be wrong. Meanwhile, I recall her telling me in the past that he always wanted sex with her at any given time. She says that he doesn't even want or ask for her to do anything.....(orally). What man would turn that down? She told me that she thought he would be attracted to her growing bustline and all but...nada Anyhow, I'm just in shock.

ETA: He also will not do anything "else" to try to please her. Something is rather odd about this whole thing to me.

What are some of you lady's experiences?

Last edited:
I still my ex-DH was still thinking about sex while I was throwing up a lung in the bathroom from morning sickness. He'd be in there holding my hair and rubbing on my butt. :rolleyes:

Some men actually fear that they'll hurt the baby in some way - even though it's not possible.

Other men are just not attracted to a pregnant woman.

Yet others think that their pregnant wife is "sacred" and don't want to touch her sexually...weird, I know, but men are a little weird sometimes :grin:

My mom told me that she and my father had sex up until the last day of pregnancy!!! :lachen:

Well usually it's the other way around and they get really turned on by the glow of pregnancy and body changes. Maybe they need to have a long talk. How is he going to react after pregnancy if her body has changes..stretch marks, sag or anything like that?

It's an either you do or you don't type thing.
Some men find it incredibly sexy.
Some men get scared and they don't want to hurt the baby.
It just depends on the guy.
Maybe your friend could kind of let her man know that she wants some.
Kind of ease him into having sex. IDK.
I've never been pregnant so IDK what to suggest. LOL.

Guys I know say they find pregnant women just as sexy. Their glow, they way they fill out, etc. Didn't turn them off at all. Some say the sex was better.

Is this your friends first child? Some men feel that way about the first one then after that they are fine.

A girlfriend of mine is 7.5 months pregnant and she recently told me that her SO of 3 years hasn't been in the mood for sex since the 2nd month of her pregnancy! What on earth??? She feels like he is not attracted to her anymore. But he says that he's still attracted to her but he's afraid that he'll hurt the baby and that all he see's is the bump while trying to get in the mood.

I think it's a load of crap....but I could be wrong. Meanwhile, I recall her telling me in the past that he always wanted sex with her at any given time. She says that he doesn't even want or ask for her to do anything.....(orally). What man would turn that down? She told me that she thought he would be attracted to her growing bustline and all but...nada Anyhow, I'm just in shock.

ETA: He also will not do anything "else" to try to please her. Something is rather odd about this whole thing to me.

What are some of you lady's experiences?

HA!! She should consider herself lucky. My BF is allways wanting it, and my sex drive is just about nonexistant. So I think she might be over-reacting. Some men are just like that, and some are the complete opposite.

Back