Solution for COARSE Hair

caligirl

I've been conditioner washing daily to moisturize and soften my hair. Now normally I leave some conditioner in. To me, this means rinsing a little and leaving 50-60% of the conditioner in. Well this morning I got bold and left 100% of the conditioner in. I just applied Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner to soaking wet hair, covered my head with a shower cap and finished my shower. I didn't rinse AT ALL. Today my puff was the softest, curliest, and fluffiest it has ever been. Something worth trying for people with really coarse (read: brillo pad) hair.

Height said:
So your scalp wasn't itchy and you hair didn't feel coated?

I don't put conditioner on my scalp. I just section my hair and comb the conditioner thru with my fingers. When I got out of the shower, I could feel the conditioner in my hair but it wasn't white or anything. When it dried, it was just soft-feeling--not coated at all. I think this only works for people with coarse, natural hair.

hmm, when looking at natural hair album, some ppl show pictures of their hair full of conditioner. so i was always wondering why. what was the point, do they leave the conditoner in their hair??? what were the benefits.

then this thread poped up.. heh..
i dont know if id try it..
did you use a water or cream based conditioner?

silvergirl said:
hmm, when looking at natural hair album, some ppl show pictures of their hair full of conditioner. so i was always wondering why. what was the point, do they leave the conditoner in their hair??? what were the benefits.

then this thread poped up.. heh..
i dont know if id try it..
did you use a water or cream based conditioner?

I used Kenra, its a creamy conditioner. Don't use too much and you won't even be able to see the conditioner in the hair.

Glad you found something that worked. Girl, you better post a pic of that pretty puff in your fotki so we can see:).

hopeful said:
Glad you found something that worked. Girl, you better post a pic of that pretty puff in your fotki so we can see:).

ok, I'm going to go to CVS and have them take a "back-shot" of my head because I don't have a camera. pics coming soon...

Back