What Do You Love?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well according to my inventory Im addicted to:

stylers
deep conditioners
and
Leave ins

seriously if the things says butter creme, custard, souffle, smoothie or has the words silk, whipped, clouds or has some "exotical" butter or oil like muru muru or babassu or cupuacu .... its all over for me

I see I'm in good company! :)

I love (and hoard) deep conditioners, hair butters, and leave in conditioners. I have a three drawer chest in my bathroom with a drawer dedicated to each...and I love it! :P

I love it ALL...but I chose tools, leave ins, and DC/cowashes. I know that tools is becoming a problem. I bought a Coroliss K2, and a CHI with a week of each other. I also have an Instyler, a Sedu, a Maxi and miniglide. Two handheld dryers, and a hardtop dryer, and a Heutiful hair steamer. Two wave irons, and 4 curling irons of various sizes. But now that I have typed it out, that is not a lot. Is it? :look:

aasem said:
What does deep conditioners do exactly?

Add moisture to your hair. Most people DC at least once a month. It is possible to over moisturize, so you have to find what works for you.

I DC every 1-2 weeks.

Sent from my HTC Evo

FoxxyLocs said:
Add moisture to your hair. Most people DC at least once a month. It is possible to over moisturize, so you have to find what works for you.

I DC every 1-2 weeks.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Does moisture make your hair grow faster?

What does deep conditioners do exactly?
aasem, glad to see you're still here and continuing on with your hair journey. To answer your question, Deep Conditioners or DCs as they are affectionately called are treatment conditioners designed to add moisture or protein to the hair. Typically you leave the DC on for 20 to 30 minutes to infuse the treatment properties in your hair. Here is a link to a blog that outlines the different types of conditioners http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.ca/2010/06/conditioner-defining-our-conditioners.html

well i went on ahead an voted even thought i dont have any addictions:look:

im addicted to buying gels. im not actually addicted to the gel itself though cause i dont really use them. at all lol. i just like buying them and trying them once.

i also have an addiction for leave ins. i cant help myself i have to purchase leave ins when i make an order. i just love leave ins.

So, *cough* This is the Judge Free Thread.:look:

Not to mention @chebaby and her 60 Jars of Gel.:lol:

chebaby :lol:

you forget to include tea rinses -- that's my boo right there.
hair4today

Gurl...I did!:blush:....:nono: Fumblin' around with that durn Poll and forgot 1/2 the stuff I wanted.:lol:

well i went on ahead an voted even thought i dont have any addictions:look:

im addicted to buying gels. im not actually addicted to the gel itself though cause i dont really use them. at all lol. i just like buying them and trying them once.

i also have an addiction for leave ins. i cant help myself i have to purchase leave ins when i make an order. i just love leave ins.

chebaby I already told!:lol:

you done told all my bidness:lol:

seriously though i dont know what it is about gels that i just have to buy them. i think i like the jiggly texture of them. if a gel dont juggle it aint a gel:look:

chebaby

Oooo...Sorry Gurl! I just had to tell it.:giggle:

You got more Gel than Jell-O:lol:

*cackles at if it don't jiggle it ain't no gel*

See you one of them CrazyAddicts!:spinning:....:lol:

@chebaby

Oooo...Sorry Gurl! I just had to tell it.:giggle:

You got more Gel than Jell-O:lol:

*cackles at if it don't jiggle it ain't no gel*

See you one of them CrazyAddicts!:spinning:....:lol:
:lol: girl i was pissed when i bought that durn CR whipped aloe gel and it dont jiggle. that thang a cream moisturizer as far as im concerned:lol:

aasem said:
So what would you say makes your hair grow faster per say?

DCs don't make your hair grow, they do help with retention and the feel of your hair. Some people use vitamins, sulfur, etc. to speed hair growth, but usually if you are taking care of your hair it will grow fast enough.

To answer the OPs question, I don't have any addictions. I just happened to see the question while I was browsing the app :)

Sent from my HTC Evo

@chebaby

Hmp.:rolleyes: Lawd....I know you were.:lol:

Did you keep it?:look: How is it?

You know you don't play with No Gel.:lol:
yea i kept it, its just sitting there:look:

ill be using it for some twists this summer to see what it do but im certain its basically a moisturizer:ohwell: aint no jiggle or wiggle in site:perplexed

I'm addicted to being lazy with my hair (and still wanting it to be fabulous in spite of me :lol:).

I buy enablers to this addiction :yep: eg. :

A super moisturizing deep conditioner that I may have to use only once or twice a month and still have perfectly moisturized hair???? I'd be all up on that!

A good detangler that will make my hair forgive me for ignoring it? Yep, worth the investment!

A flat iron and serum that would make my presses last 3 weeks in humid Florida? Yup, that would be bawwt!

Protein/powder/growth aids/grease/sprays that would have my hair on cruise control to lush waistlength awesomeness without having to stop and analyze what's up with it every 3 days? Already on next month's credit card statement :yawn:.

Don't get me started on hairstyles that allow me to take 1.5 mins to get my hair ready in the mornings before work :lachen:. I'd kill it for 3 months str8 :ohwell:...pretty hair clips and hawt earrings are my crutch :lol:.

Lol me too!!:grin:

I cut corners whenever I can...even simple things like deep conditioning or henna/cassia-ing must be done overnight, so I can sleep and do my hair at the same time.

don't even get me started on the mastery of 30 second up-do :spinning:

I'm tellin you...in case of a National emergency, right after I got my family situated...I'd go out to secure Chaz. Wen is just that damn good! :lachen:

:lachen: GIrl You a mess, but I got him if you can't make it to get him. :lachen: CHaz is part family here too :yep:

I can't be without 613, in case of a disaster, if that means making sure Hubby goes back for CHaz, either he better produce 714 or bring me that MAN! LOL

Last edited:
This is me to a T :yep: I like anything that allows be to leave my hair alone for extended periods of time :lol:

I'm addicted to being lazy with my hair (and still wanting it to be fabulous in spite of me :lol:).

I buy enablers to this addiction :yep: eg. :

A super moisturizing deep conditioner that I may have to use only once or twice a month and still have perfectly moisturized hair???? I'd be all up on that!

A good detangler that will make my hair forgive me for ignoring it? Yep, worth the investment!

A flat iron and serum that would make my presses last 3 weeks in humid Florida? Yup, that would be bawwt!

Protein/powder/growth aids/grease/sprays that would have my hair on cruise control to lush waistlength awesomeness without having to stop and analyze what's up with it every 3 days? Already on next month's credit card statement :yawn:.

Don't get me started on hairstyles that allow me to take 1.5 mins to get my hair ready in the mornings before work :lachen:. I'd kill it for 3 months str8 :ohwell:...pretty hair clips and hawt earrings are my crutch :lol:.

Deep Conditioners - I have a shelf and some...of deep conditioner. :look:
Butters, Cremes, Souffle etc
Ayurvedic Powders/Clays
Did I say deep conditioners?!?....umm Yep, Deep conditioners. Esp if they smell like cake/fruit/chocolate.

Lawwdd how could I forget....OILS!! - castor/hempseed/jojoba/avocado/JBCO. Oils infused with herbs/leaves and sticks....:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Hardly any henndigo heads or shampoo lovers reppin' I see. I have two or three fave shampoos that I swear by, and I'm a big fan of henna and indigo.

Back