So, My First Attempt at Dry Two-Strand Twists...too much/too thin? (PICS INSIDE!)

txnatural409

I did not like the results from the first time I tried wet two-strand twists, so I decided I would try doing them dry. It took me 3 hours dry opposed to 4 hours whenever wet. :ohwell: Anywho, I think I did a little too much or they're too thin. Please tell me your honest opinion, you won't hurt my feelings! :yep:

314ozeq.jpg

I only used Njoi Creations Herbal Hairdressing, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer Mist, Njoi Creations Herbal Tea Spritz, and hair clips. Njoi Creations' products are amazing, don't sleep on this seller ladies! :lick:

29fdshl.jpg

be9dhc.jpg

I made sure my scalp was well "greased". :yep:

9qfdwh.jpg

This is the right side.

14vp7yr.jpg

Left side.

vg7ll4.jpg

All done! :yep:

**PIC UPDATE**

2l729k.jpg

They're thicker than last night. :yep:

None of the shots in the back came out good, it's hard taking them by myself! :nono: There's more pictures in my FlickR in my siggy.

Let me know what you think! :yahoo:

Last edited:
I like!

I do think they are a tiny bit thin, but they are freshly done, and look a little damp still from the products you used, so they might puff up as time goes on.

personally i like them. Mine can look thinnish too what helps is to not part the hair but to grab random pieces of hair to create a more full look.

I like em!
Your hair is super moisturized and
looks SO healthy..:yep:
Your tiny twistouts remind me of
locs...

I was goint to attempt mine on dry hair as well and as I was twisted last night they were thin like your which made me not want to twist them. How do you get thick lush twists?

Your twists are pretty but too thin. I personally don't like seeing my scalp through my hair. I think twists look better with longer hair.

I was goint to attempt mine on dry hair as well and as I was twisted last night they were thin like your which made me not want to twist them. How do you get thick lush twists?

I did an irish moss treatment the night before & I used Njoi Creations products. They were super thin in the pictures, but they have thickened up since. I will post pictures later on.

Thanks for your input ladies! :grin:

Your twists are pretty but too thin. I personally don't like seeing my scalp through my hair. I think twists look better with longer hair.

Sorry, but I disagree. :ohwell:

The inspiration for me to try these twists was from ladies on here and Youtube who had did them on their short hair. Their hair was gorgeous to me! :grin:

I would have to disagree about the twist looking better on longer hair!!! But thats just me...lol!!! I think your twist look good. If they are anything like mine they tend to fill out a day or two after I put them in and I think you stated that in a earlier post. Have you tried to make them a little bigger? Keep on trying thats what I had to do!!! Your hair is very pretty

You must have thick lush hair or purchase some thick lush hair.

If I only used a few strands of hair to do twists, my twist would still be full and plump. No matter if I do them wet or dry.

I think Op's hair looks nice. Question for OP, why did you twist and clip?

Last edited:
You must have thick lush hair or purchase some thick lush hair.

If I only used a few strands of hair to do twists, my twist would still be full and plump. No matter if I do them wet or dry.

I think Op's hair looks nice. Question for OP, why did you twist and clip?

Whenever I first tried wet two-strand twists, they would spring right up. :ohwell: Some of the twists laid down and some didn't.

Very cute and i disagree with the other comment, Actually Twists are one of the few styles that Look just as good on Short and Long Hair.

OP: i think they look good but are a bit thin, do you think the product weighed them down?? that could be why it looked thin.

I like it. Your hair looks so healthy and shiny.
Can you post a pic of your hair now that it has dried and fluffed a bit?

Very cute and i disagree with the other comment, Actually Twists are one of the few styles that Look just as good on Short and Long Hair.

OP: i think they look good but are a bit thin, do you think the product weighed them down?? that could be why it looked thin.

Yes, I used I think the Herbal Hairdressing played a role in weighing them down but I wanted to make sure they weren't going to be looking dry neither. Soon as I get home, I'll update with new pics because the twists are now thicker & more full. :yep:

I think you're twists look lovely as is; well manicured & moisturized!!

P.S. Your twists may appear "thin" because your hair is fine. I have fine hair & regardless of whether I twist my hair wet, dry, shrunken or stretched I don't achieve plump, juicy twists like ladies with thicker tresses; I love them just the same however :)

Back