So, it's "just hair"...right? (Part 2!)

sungtongs

So, I did the Manic Panic Electric Banana + SFX Hi-Octane Orange (for some reason yall thought that was what bleached henna looked like :spinning:, but they faded too much because of my constant co-washing. Y'all, I don't know how many of you really experiment with hair color, but those who do know that pink/red pigments are near impossible to get out of hair...

Which is perfect for me! I was going to do blue and green, but both of those wouldn't even last a week when it comes to fading.

I present to you ladies, before and after. :yep:

Manic Panic New Rose (pink....looks red. that's how pigmented it is)

Since people always ask...Regimen:
Tightly Curly Method
Shampoo once a week/every two weeks
And I cowash everyday/every other day
To moisturize during the day/whenever, I spray my hair with rosewater or orange blossom water
I really don't do much. Sometimes I use Ecostyler or Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In. But Cantu tends to flake. And Ecostyler takes a very VERY long time to dry.​

Last edited:
Btw, I thought red faded the fastest? Can someone clear this up? I probably misunderstood.

Btw, I thought red faded the fastest? Can someone clear this up? I probably misunderstood.

I used to dye my whole head purple when I was relaxed it it never washed out entirely. I could always see a difference between my new growth the rest of my hair. I dunno if anybody else has had a different experience though.

Back