So I went to the shop today...............

~NanCeBoTwin~

I love my stylist. She's all about healthy hair, she'll tell you in a sec that if you just have to have a relaxer she wants you to wait at least 12 weeks but will settle for 9. Her reason, "I'd rather you have healthy hair and be able to come back over time, then to keep putting in relaxers beaking off hair not coming back, making short money." I love her!

Anywho....I'll admit I was a little concerned about my appt. I was afraid she'd tell me I'd broken off hair or that my new regimen wasn't working. As I've said in a few post this is my first time stretching and then I'm stretching alone not going to the shop every 2-3 weeks as usual....so I was pretty paranoid at what she'd say. So the first thing she says is, "wow, i'm so proud of you." Looking at my NG, then she asked me for my full reggie and I gave it to her. As I sat in her chair prior to going to the bowl, she took the end of a rat tail comb and sectioned my hair looking at it each section at a time......she then tells me, "Please continue doing whatever you are doing! Your hair feels great and is in great shape!" Then she asks, "why are you here today again?" LOL, I reminded her about the wedding I have to go to and how I wanted my hair to be extra fresh (LOL) and then asked if she thinks I should relax at 6 months in July or go til my bday in Sept. She told me to definatly hold out to my bday and even then she just wants us to talk about it but not commit. She also said she doesn't expect to see me til my bday unless I want to wear my hair straight for some reason.....

So the point of this thread is to say, THANK YOU MY SISTERS OF LHCF!!! With out this board I would have never done any of the following.

I've joined a two challenges since officially joining and I think both have played a big part as well as my Ayurvedics:
09 Co-washing challenge
LHCF BootCamp

I'd never thought about stretching before, as much as I love her she could never get me to really stretch.
I'd never co-washed, done a twist out or braid out (thanks Sylver2)
Never worn wash n go's or buns (thanks southerntease)

I would have never tried Ayurveda!!!! And Oils would not be a big a part of my reggie as they have become!

I know, I know... :needpics:,
but my phone stopped working a couple of days ago and I can't get the new one til tomorrow....I'll update with pics then

ETA: Adding pics DH came home and took some pics for me.....

Last edited:
She sounds like a dream! You're so lucky to have found a capable and informed stylist!

Back