So I was thinking of doing a BC last night

how long have you tried each of these conditioner? i think maybe try them again but use them a bit longer... at least a few weeks before you give up on them

I dont think cutting your hair is the answer. Like someone said before, you still will have the coarse texture that will grow back.. and let me just say that being natural is no easy picnic.... It is really hard, think tangles times 1000....

I refuse to believe that your hair can't grow.. i think you just need to be patient and find what's right for you

With the exception of Joico and the banana brullee, I was using the others for 2 months or more.

Robot, I'm in NY.

((((hugs)))) locabouthair, hang in there sweetie. I may be bc'ing in a few weeks, itching to be natural again and regain my length and fullness. After an awful relaxer in June, I took a little break from worrying about my hair and it was nice to not think about it too much. Now I'm 6 months post relaxer and ready to pursue my dream hair.

((((hugs)))) locabouthair, hang in there sweetie. I may be bc'ing in a few weeks, itching to be natural again and regain my length and fullness. After an awful relaxer in June, I took a little break from worrying about my hair and it was nice to not think about it too much. Now I'm 6 months post relaxer and ready to pursue my dream hair.

Hey Hopeful. I missed you. I didnt see you posting as much. I think I need to take a break as well. Sometimes I think I worry about it too much. Sorry about your setback. I'm sure your natural hair will be beautiful!

Hey Hopeful. I missed you. I didnt see you posting as much. I think I need to take a break as well. Sometimes I think I worry about it too much. Sorry about your setback. I'm sure your natural hair will be beautiful!

Thanks for your kind words. I missed you too. We'll get this hair thing figured out eventually. I refuse to give up.

How are you doing locabouthair?

Hi Hopeful. Since this post I discovered my edges were thinning a little bit. So I was even more frustrated but I am babying them and hopefully they will grow back. A couple of days ago I did think about grabbing the scissors again but somehow I calmed down lol.

I was still losing a lot of hair. I think I might have had breakage at the demarcation point. I have a lot of ng. I will try to relax this week. I wont stretch this long again.

Once I relax I want to post pics. The one in my avi is kinda dark. I think I may need a trim. I'm gonna hang in there and just keep babying my hair. My mother told me my hair was growing. I do see some progress I guess.

How's your hair doing?

Hi Hopeful. Since this post I discovered my edges were thinning a little bit. So I was even more frustrated but I am babying them and hopefully they will grow back. A couple of days ago I did think about grabbing the scissors again but somehow I calmed down lol.

I was still losing a lot of hair. I think I might have had breakage at the demarcation point. I have a lot of ng. I will try to relax this week. I wont stretch this long again.

Once I relax I want to post pics. The one in my avi is kinda dark. I think I may need a trim. I'm gonna hang in there and just keep babying my hair. My mother told me my hair was growing. I do see some progress I guess.

How's your hair doing?

Hi loca!:hug3:

I am glad you are doing/feeling better and making some progress. I also believe your Hair is GROWING!

This time when you relax make sure you are ready!!

Have you done your Protein Treatment yet? Make sure you do that at least a week before.:yep: And one after rinsing the relaxer before neutralizing. Also, either 'skip' the edges or do them at the very last minute.

Keep Doing what you are doing i.e. babying that hair and it will be fine. 2010 is a New Year! This will be Our Year! Health & Length.

Stay Encouraged.:yep:

Awww man! I had no idea your hair was giving you so much hell. I was there, actually the night I cut my hair it was after a horrible wash day. I don't regret it, but I have a feeling you will. Did you ever think about doing a long term protective style like kinky twists?? Maybe that would give you some time to rest and stop thinking about your hair. Don't worry hun, you don't have alien hair. Our bodies are complex and require so much that we don't even realize where we may be slacking. And our hair and skin reflect what's going on inside. It could be diet/nutrition, stress levels, etc. just a thought.

shooot, i feel your pain. what kind of moisturizer do you use?? i mean i would be lost without my jerry curl juice. try them. cholesterol always makes hair soft, did you try that? dang

How's your hair doing?

I'm glad you are doing okay. Hopefully 2010 will be your and my (and others) turnaround year. I am doing okay. I have six months of nice, thick new growth. That relaxer in June jacked me up and I haven't even looked at a relaxer container since, in fact I think I am going to throw them all away this weekend.

I am not prepared to bc just yet as I don't think I can mentally handle the twa anymore, twice was enough. I figure in another six months I may be ready to cut and will have enough hair to style the way I like. The past 6 months I have been wearing my hair flat-ironed but I'm sick of all that heat and want to give my hair a rest so I will be wearing wigs, kinky twists, and scarves for at least the next 6 months.

After the setback last summer I was really devastated as just the year before I had the longest, thickest, healthiest hair of all my life and I ruined it with relaxers and heat. It took me two years, four months to grow all that hair, and about a year to completely ruin it. I think I am just coming out of my sadness and finding the energy to move forward. I figure if I could grow it once, I can grow it out again. But I'm still a little sad, probably won't feel really good until I reclaim my hair. But on a positive note, I lost 33 pounds last year:). I try to focus on that to keep from fretting over my hair too much.

Back