So Disgusted

Honeycomb,

Girl, I admire you. My hair looked exactly like yours this time last year. I would not let anyone see it, including my husband. I won't go into what major event caused it to be damaged, but I was at the end of my rope.

One, sometimes frustrating, year later, I have five more inches of healthy hair. It seems a little thinner than before but it feels great. Just got a relaxer and a trim last week.

I wore braids. (I really didn't want to, but they did my hair a world of good) I just didn't like how braids looked. My boss didn't like it either, but I figured it was worth the effort to get my hair back. Now I'm wearing a lot of protective styles and occasionally I wear my hair down with pride.

You Hang In Girl, You can do it too.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I too am a fine-hair. I've been finding pantothenic acid (500 mgs in the morning/500 mgs at night) has visibly increased my thickness. It might be an option for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly agree with the B5 (Pantothenic Acid) it DOES work. Take 500 mgs at night and another 500 in the morning. You will notice your hair regrowth getting thicker and overall, somehow, the hair looks thicker too. Its worth it cuz it works. I 2nd the Nexxus Headdress too. Its concentrated so you don't need much but damn it really does thicken up the hair and makes it look thicker. Excellent stuff for 'thin limp days.'

[/ QUOTE ]

B5 users....how long after starting B5 did you notice a difference in thickness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Jen - I noticed a difference in thickness, consistently taking pantothenic acid, within 2 months. Like BRH, my hair was visibly thicker with the next touchup. Even my stylist commented on it. HTH

ps - sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I've had trouble the past few days with logging in and then getting frozen.

Please hang in there. We've all had days where our pet peeve with our hair makes us just want to chop it all off. I hope you take the girls up on the B-5 and try it, couldn't hurt!!! And remember, getting your hair in the shape or length you want does take time, as impatient as we can be sometimes! Even I have to remind myself of that. This is the first time in 16 years that my hair has been this healthy and looked this good! That is a long time...but it only took me two years to whip it into shape. You'll find something that works for you. Maybe even having a track or two sewn in for fullness would help in addition to the B-5?

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of B-5 are you using? I was about to oder some from Purtins Pride. Anyone using there's? How is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Honeycomb
wave.gif
, I use Solgar brand. I bought it at Whole Foods (a health food store).

Don't give up yet! We are often are harshest critics. Bask in the compliments you have received, and try to not strees about your hair because stress and hair do not mix.

Back