Slow Growers, what technique or Growth Aid really boosted your hair growth

Do you think it does anything for your hair?

I believe that everything I do that is good for my body like exercise five days a week and take supplements that are good for lots of things like heart, detoxifying, increasing circulation, regularity, digestion, etc. benefit my hair. My hair just grows slowly, but some months I do have growth spurts. My hair is very healthy and I retain all that is growing. Like January said, it could be related to age, but I am not unhappy at all at all the progress I have made over the last two years.

I add aloe vera to my homemade topical concoction for my scalp. I also add it to my conditioner and I drink about an ounce a day. I mix it with my goji juice.

I don't have many homemade concoctions, but I add aloe vera gel to my hair after each cowash/wash.

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

your hair grew a FOOT in 1 year?!?!? did you document this growth?

:needpics:

Yep! Sorry, as I said, that was 5 years ago, and I was running. I have a relaxer coming up on Friday, so I'll update my pics. My Avatar pic was taken on Aug. 10, 2007, My siggy--Sept. 20, 2007, and we'll see where Nov. 9 gets me, OK?

i'm still trippin' on this 12 inches of growth in one year using that ambrotose complex! :lachen:

how long do you have to take it before you see results? the capsules are by no means cheap, about $44.00 for 120, and you're supposed to take 4 a day, so this is really only a 30 day supply :perplexed

before i go and drop big bucks on this stuff, can someone tell me about their experience with it please?

Alwayz, why u trippin'??? :lachen::lachen::lachen:Leave it alone if it ain't fo' u!

See, I luv this forum. U ladies are always adding new information from your experiences.
I did the math and science on Surge 14 with the muccosaccarides. That's why I use Surge.
This Ambrotose Complex seems interesting.
Looks like it has aloe vera in it which = msm
The site I was on says that this complex basically helps the cells communicate with each other.
Guess the cells will be saying " hey u guys!!! this ladies tryin to grow hair longer and faster! Let's go to work":grin:

I THINK I MIGHT add this along with my exercise routine that i plan to start in 08. I luv my weight and height (5'9..145lbs) I just want to maintain.
LHCF luv ya!

Hi Renya21,

I like to juice my wheatgrass about 4 ounces and continually pour it on my scalp. Place a pot under your head. Then I take about 1 ounce and mix it in my conditioner and leave it on overnight. That is how I use it. :yep:

I went to Whole Foods Saturday to get a packet of Amazing Grass. I was just going to add it to my concoction in much the same way I added the sulphur, but they were out. In that same section, they had all kinds of chorophyll and I bought a bottle of liquid chorophyll to add to my goji-aloe vera juice. I added some to my concoction last night and boy did my head tingle. It hasn't tingled like that since I made my first concoction over two years ago with peppermint oil. However, it was even more than tingling. It was tingling with a rush.

Alwayz, why u trippin'??? :lachen::lachen::lachen:Leave it alone if it ain't fo' u!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
forgive me, i get excited about things like this! i know you don't have pics cuz it was a while ago, but what do you remember about the experience? were there side effects? did it make you grow hair all over, like biotin does? was your head constantly tingling? after you stopped taking it, did your hair fall out? how long were you taking it before you saw results?

sorry for all the questions, but a girl's gotta know :look:

Re: WHEATGRASS,FRESH SUGAR CANE JUICE AND GREEN COCONUTS

Hi Everyone,:yawn:

I just wanted to follow up with everyone regarding the wheatgrass for your scalp and body. I have gotten some nice growth on the hair and sides from where a braider braided my hair too tight and it left bald spots in these areas. Fresh wheatgrass really does feed your scalp. My hair is coming in nice and thick again and growing!! It has been a month since I started incorporating wheatgrass to my hair and health regimen. Now, I am about to include fresh green coconut from an organic farm in Florida and fresh squeezed sugar cane juice. there are so many benefits from these three wo nderfull antioxidants which GOD has made for our health. I am so psyched!!!! I can't wait to give you my progress report at the end of December. Here are some i nfo links for those wanting to research. Ciao for now!!! GOD Bless ALL!!!!:yep:

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Coconut Its Role In Health.pdf

http://www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Coconut Its Role In Health.pdf

Lenzi's Request and whey protein drinks, work miracles for me along with daily moisturizing.

I do believe that a 5 to 10 minute scalp massage with any natural oil coconut, brahmi, jojoba ect. will help tremendously. This stimulates the scalp.

:rolleyes:Ladies, don't forget to apply wheatgrass to your scalp and to drink one once a day. Wheatgrass feds the scalp and promotes fastand thick hair growth and redarkens your hair if you have gray hair. Wait at least 6 weeks to see really fast growth. Your hair comes out baby soft too. I love it. I use Ocean grown wheatgrass or if I run out of that. I go to Whole Foods market to get my wheatgrass. Go to your local health food store to purchase fresh wheatgrass. Ciao!!!

How do you apply the wheatgrass to the scalp? i.e rinse

Bumping this thread because I would like to have more suggestions as I'm one of those slow growers. Starting may I would like to do anything to increase my growth rate.

- Ayurveda
- Exercising 5 days a week
- MN
- Megatek / OCT
- vitamins
-sew-in-weaves
-No heat challenge for almost a year

What more can I do? I want to be BSL by next year. How can I hydrate my hair daily with sew-in-weaves????

Frequent washes, stinky MTG and Miconazole Nitrate. I've started back on the frequent washes (twice a week minimum) and MN...

I don't think I'm a slow grower. I think I get a little under the average growth rate so I'm gonna say protective styling. I have learned that my hair grows best when I don't touch it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even from wearing buns (although I'm sure I wasn't doing it correctly all the time) that high to medium manipulation styles cost me length. :(

I usually get 1/2 inch a month, but ever since I have been using MN mix with sulfur 8, castor oil and shikakai oil I get 1 inch a month. I have been taking pics to document. But I do also take biotin, Multi vitamins and chlorella

I noticed the difference in my hair when I went back to daily or frequent cowashes or at least spritzing my hair until it was moist or damp.

I'm a slow grower but I don't use any growth aids. I just changed my diet a bit, I eat lots of Asian food and eggs in the morning. I deep condition every week and moisturize every day religiously. Sporting protective styles like two strand twists and braids also gave it a boost.

:rolleyes:Ladies, don't forget to apply wheatgrass to your scalp and to drink one once a day. Wheatgrass feds the scalp and promotes fastand thick hair growth and redarkens your hair if you have gray hair. Wait at least 6 weeks to see really fast growth. Your hair comes out baby soft too. I love it. I use Ocean grown wheatgrass or if I run out of that. I go to Whole Foods market to get my wheatgrass. Go to your local health food store to purchase fresh wheatgrass. Ciao!!!

I hear this is great to take if you're on the master cleanse for energy too. I may look into this.

Back