Slow growers unite 2014

Do we have a perpetrator among us? 3 inches in 5 months is definitely not slow growing.

stop lol , my hair is barely 3 inches. I have pics. I feel like it barely grew. :lachen:

BC: January 27th

Today: July 9th,2014- this is a fresh wash n go, so it's unstretched.
I feel like it should be longer.

Last edited:
Are you sad about getting 3 inches in 5 months?

If so, Ill take it. Thats aproximately 7 inches a year which is above average. Not saying you don't belong in this thread but....:look:

it doesn't feel like it grew much but I guess it has? Thank you inversion. I swear we tend to have Hairorexia when our hair is retaining because it's hard for us to see it ourselves. :lol:

it doesn't feel like it grew much but I guess it has? Thank you inversion. I swear we tend to have Hairorexia when our hair is retaining because it's hard for us to see it ourselves. :lol:

Yes, It's growing out nicely!!!

The TWA stage does seem to never end (especially for type 4's). :look:

But, from your pic's your growth/retention is great. Are you wearing your hair without long term protective styling with weaves, wigs, or braids? If so, since you see your hair daily the growth/retention is going to be nearly impossible to notice, at least it is for me.

Every Saturday when I wash my hair, Im looking at it like "ummmm, you didn't grow this week, whats wrong with you!":drunk:

Im hiding my hair under a wig for the next 5 weeks. I ran out of patience with daily styling. Im a low manipulation kinda girl. All that styling was cute, but I had a lot of unnecessary breakage :(. Next month I am getting a trim and from now on I will stick to what works for my hair (wigs, celies, buns and dominican blowouts)

Yes, It's growing out nicely!!! The TWA stage does seem to never end (especially for type 4's). :look: But, from your pic's your growth/retention is great. Are you wearing your hair without long term protective styling with weaves, wigs, or braids? If so, since you see your hair daily the growth/retention is going to be nearly impossible to notice, at least it is for me. Every Saturday when I wash my hair, Im looking at it like "ummmm, you didn't grow this week, whats wrong with you!":drunk:
I'm with ya on the TWA stage, the shrinkage is unbelievable. I'll have to be knee-length just to be out of that stage!

Yes, It's growing out nicely!!!

The TWA stage does seem to never end (especially for type 4's). :look:

But, from your pic's your growth/retention is great. Are you wearing your hair without long term protective styling with weaves, wigs, or braids? If so, since you see your hair daily the growth/retention is going to be nearly impossible to notice, at least it is for me.

Every Saturday when I wash my hair, Im looking at it like "ummmm, you didn't grow this week, whats wrong with you!":drunk:

Thanks :D I don't do protective styling. I dislike braids, any kind of extensions honestly. They rip out my edges and nape and I can't have that. I do strictly WNG's and I moisturize probably 2-3x daily. Tie it down at night and do a DC w a light protein 1-2x weekly. That is my only regi really.

PinkSunshine77 I think you are my hair twin...can't do wigs, braids, weaves, etc. I've tried my hand at shingling, WNGs, coiling twist-outs (which I hate at my current length). I BC-ed in May after a 10-month transition. My hair looks like it hasn't grown at all to me but I know it's growing and I know it's healthy. It just doesn't look like I want it to look and I'm not even sure what that is. I'm still learning my natural hair.

Last edited:
PinkSunshine77 I think you are my hair twin...can't do wigs, braids, weaves, etc. I've tried my hand at shingling, WNGs, coiling twist-outs (which I hate at my current length). I BC-ed in May after a 10-month transition. My hair looks like it hasn't grown at all to me but I know it's growing and I know it's healthy. It just doesn't look like I want it to look and I'm not even sure what that is. I'm still learning my natural hair.

Yay finally :) I have yet to find someone like me on here. I used to rock invisible micros for years, used to be a hardcore weave addict. I swore up and down I'd never be natural and would be dying holding a box of relaxer in my left arm. Boy times sure have changed along with my attitude. I am learning my hair too. For over 20 yrs, I had never seen my natural texture as an adult. Honestly, it's a shame. I never asked my mother to use relaxer on my hair. She just took it upon herself to do it.

Yay finally :) I have yet to find someone like me on here. I used to rock invisible micros for years, used to be a hardcore weave addict. I swore up and down I'd never be natural and would be dying holding a box of relaxer in my left arm. Boy times sure have changed along with my attitude. I am learning my hair too. For over 20 yrs, I had never seen my natural texture as an adult. Honestly, it's a shame. I never asked my mother to use relaxer on my hair. She just took it upon herself to do it.
Been quite a bit longer for me...I swore that I would never go natural...as long as Optimum kept making relaxers, I would keep getting them! Ironically, the Optimum brand that I used forever (maroon container, lye-not Optimum Care) was discontinued at Sally's and I literally was like junkie running all over town to the "beauty" supply stores that sell everything but the kitchen sink to find it. This was the beginning of my healthy hair journey and my transition to natural though I didn't know it at the time. I switched relaxers and used a no lye brand that shall remain nameless, didn't know how to tell the difference, and lost a bunch of hair when I rinsed. I almost missed it but it tangled in the shower drain and I was beyond shocked when I pulled the snake from the trap. The breakage continued and I went from my longest ever length scraping BSL to the 4 or so inches I have now. I'm currently on a Wen and Lottabody kick so I'll have to see where it takes me. Tomorrow is my two month nappyversary--time for a progress pic.

Im hiding my hair under a wig for the next 5 weeks. I ran out of patience with daily styling. Im a low manipulation kinda girl. All that styling was cute, but I had a lot of unnecessary breakage :(. Next month I am getting a trim and from now on I will stick to what works for my hair (wigs, celies, buns and dominican blowouts)

How often do you wash? Prettymetty? I think I may need to put my hair up in some braids or twists for the next six months. I used to wear them religiously, but stopped when I started my HHJ.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

How often do you wash? Prettymetty? I think I may need to put my hair up in some braids or twists for the next six months. I used to wear them religiously, but stopped when I started my HHJ.

Once a month. I might start cowashing twice a month. I want a clean healthy scalp, but I have to detangle after each wash and to me that's too much combing for my fragile 4z strands :nono:

Oan I stretched one of my braids in the back and I think im bsb! Yay. I guess the summer growth spurt is happening lol

Hi ladies! I would love to officially join you! I'm very much a slow grower. I have my hair in a sew in as a PS so I can keep my hands out of my hair for a while. That should help some.

So i got crochets in an attempt to keep every millimetre of my meager growth. Lol. Its been two years this month since my bc and just below my crown is barely at the nape. The back is easily cbl.

As much as I hate installs imma try and keep this up until it reaches nl.

Oan:

Welcome HairPleezeGrow!

So i got crochets in an attempt to keep every millimetre of my meager growth. Lol. Its been two years this month since my bc and just below my crown is barely at the nape. The back is easily cbl.

As much as I hate installs imma try and keep this up until it reaches nl.

Oan:

Welcome HairPleezeGrow!

I hope you retain a ton DarkJoy!

[USER=330401 said:
HairPleezeGrow[/USER];20326683]Hi ladies! I would love to officially join you! I'm very much a slow grower. I have my hair in a sew in as a PS so I can keep my hands out of my hair for a while. That should help some.

Welcome to the thread.

Wore two strands this weekend which I haven't done in a while. I put them on perm rods and they looked OK. Don't think I have gained much growth since the last time I wore them. But at least they are wearable. I took them out this morning for a twist out which is presentable enough for the day.

Started collagen today in addition to my women's daily multi. Taking it for skin but hoping to get a little hair strengthening and growth benefit from it.

Back