SLICKING PRODUCT...NOT GEL!!!

lovechic

WHAT'S A GOOD HAIR SLICKING PRODUCT TO USE WHEN I PULL/PIN MY HAIR UP??? BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE A "GEL" (YOU KNOW LIKE AMPRO) I HATE THAT FLAKY STUFF! THANKS IN ADVANCE!
P.S. SOMETHING THAT WILL ADD SHINE TOO! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i like aveda's brilliant humectant pomade. its a lil costly though. 18 bucks /images/graemlins/nono.gif

YEAH, I USE POMADES... I WANTED TO USE SOMETHING THAT WORKS BETTER ON DAMP HAIR. MAYBE I WILL TRY A NO ALCOHOL MOUSSE.

[ QUOTE ]
lovechic said:
YEAH, I USE POMADES... I WANTED TO USE SOMETHING THAT WORKS BETTER ON DAMP HAIR. MAYBE I WILL TRY A NO ALCOHOL MOUSSE.

[/ QUOTE ] OK, ON SECOND THOUGHT, I MIGHT NOT, CAUSE MOUSSE WON'T GIVE ME THE SHEEN! IGUESS I COULD ALWAYS USE SERUM TO TOP IT OFF! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Salon Selcetives has some green stuff i think it is called putty or something that is not a gel that is good forslicking your hair down.

I use elasta qp mango butter it works great..I have a big tub of normal gel that I have even touched in weeks. I wish I'd never bought it !
You could also try elasta qp glaze

[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
I use elasta qp mango butter it works great..I have a big tub of normal gel that I have even touched in weeks. I wish I'd never bought it !

[/ QUOTE ] does either of these products dry "HARD" or FLAKY??? I'm trying to avoid products with thoes properties! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
Salon Selcetives has some green stuff i think it is called putty or something that is not a gel that is good forslicking your hair down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I use on the rare occasion I want a slick look. It's called Salon Selective's molding putty. It costs about 3 bucks and smells like fruit. Also, it can be found at any drugstore.

[ QUOTE ]
lovechic said:
I SAW THIS BEFORE!! I MIGHT GIVE IT A TRY! IS IT GREASY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant Humectant isn't greasy at all.

Let's Jam Extra Hold Gel. It's not like normal gels b/c it's not wet or flaky, but it does add shine and holds very well. It's the one with the orange top, not the green one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Salerm 21 /images/graemlins/look.gif. Can't find any other use for it, but it did make my hair lie down. What about Aloe Vera Gelly? You have to mix it w/an oil for optimal results, b/c it will dry stiff like gel if you don't. Get 100 or 99.5% gel if you try it.

[ QUOTE ]
lovechic said:
[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:

[/ QUOTE ] does either of these products dry "HARD" or FLAKY??? I'm trying to avoid products with thoes properties! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No that's why I like them infact if you slick your hair with the mango butter then put on a scarf for a few mins you get nice waves.

lets jam is ok, for like 10 minutes and then my new growth will be back to flying off my head....and it has the nerve to leave a residue..eewww

Whatever you use, apply it to damp hair and use a soft brush. In the mornings, I'll apply some water to my hairline before adding Soft Touch grease and brushing it...absolutely does the trick /images/graemlins/up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
stryed said:
I suggest Asha's sunkissed. It adds a nice sheen/shine (my hair is natural), a little goes a very long way and the smell is fabulous.

www.ashasnaturals.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, stryed. I just ordered from there. I'd seen her products mentioned in some of the naptural online albums and I definitely loved how the results looked. I better get offa here before I let more money fly outta the wallet. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just ordered the Silk Effects from Vonte...I need something stronger than Mango Butter right now for these edges. Patiently waiting for the UPS delivery man.

Black N' Sassy Style Smoother is a great slicking agent. It doesn't leave the hair hard or stiff and does not cause flaking.

I really like Aveda Control Paste. Its a great slicking product and it has a natural level of shine so it doesnt look like I had to use alot of stuff to smooth my new growth when I want to do a slick bun.

Back