SLICKING PRODUCT...NOT GEL!!!

[ QUOTE ]
lovechic said:
[ QUOTE ]
buffalosoldier said:
I use elasta qp mango butter it works great..I have a big tub of normal gel that I have even touched in weeks. I wish I'd never bought it !
You could also try elasta qp glaze

[/ QUOTE ] does either of these products dry "HARD" or FLAKY??? I'm trying to avoid products with thoes properties! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm currently using Elasta QP Conditioning Glaze, and I like it, it does not dry hard or leave flakes ( i hate those too) it slicks well with wet or dry hair, as a matter of fact, it's clear. [image]http://elastaqp.com/popup[/image]

[ QUOTE ]
stryed said:
I suggest Asha's sunkissed. It adds a nice sheen/shine (my hair is natural), a little goes a very long way and the smell is fabulous.

www.ashasnaturals.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for this link, Stryed. I purchased this and a couple of other products too and I am quite pleased with them. I like to use Asha's Platinum Pomade for laying my hair down. Her prices are a lot less than Aveda and she actually uses natural ingredients (you ever read Aveda's ingredient lists? I don't mean the ones on the Aveda's website but on the hair products themselves). I LOVE this stuff and will definitely repurchase! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Besides, I love investing money into Black-owned business when I can.

I like to use 100% Aloe Vera Gel and/or CD's Kizzi Pomade. I styling creme that combines the shine is KMS Styling Creme in a Green and white tube.

lanza urban elements HAIR POLISH, it comes in a jar it's $12 and orange in color.
The INFO READS:

Hair Polish is an ultra shine finishing pomade for smooth, soft styling with natural humectants to tame frizziness and combat dullness in the hair. Adds detail and soft texture while controlling split ends. Gives a glossy look to straight hair. Adds luster to any style, leaving hair supple and manageable.
How is it used? Place a small amount onto palms and emulsify. Smooth over finished style. To control porous, flyaway ends and frizziness.
Key ingredients Sweet Almond Oil:
Natural water soluble oil that provides control and sheen.
Sorbitol:
Moisturizing properties.
Keratin Bond System 150 MW:
Strengthens hair and replenishes its inner structure.
Petroleum-Free:
Will not build up on hair.

I bought Lanza Urban Elements Hair polish and my hair loved it gave my dull hair great shine also I bought it on sale for 5 bucks.

Let's see... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif no gel... um.. I can get pretty "slick" hair by adding cold pressed castor oil to my wet hair. It's really thick & oily, but does the job /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
lets jam is ok, for like 10 minutes and then my new growth will be back to flying off my head....and it has the nerve to leave a residue..eewww

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me (with both the green and orange top).......they were also very greasy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miracle said:
Black N' Sassy Style Smoother is a great slicking agent. It doesn't leave the hair hard or stiff and does not cause flaking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just bought his on Friday. I am liking it so fa.

[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:
I've been reading in a lot of hair books that celebs, Monique, Jill Marie Jones, Golden Brooks (come to mind) are using that Vonte product.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! thats when I first heard of it......this product is great leaves your hair nice and soft...but I dont put it all through my hair...its a bit expensive for that, I use it on my edges

....but after lets say the 7th / 8th week.....my edges need a bit more to hold them down....maybe I need to spritz with water then tie it down with a scarf ( anyway...Im thinking out loud)

Its worth it!!

I gave up on gels, too. I use Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter to smooth my hair while wet. I put my scarf on for about 5 minutes then smooth CD Mimosa Hair Honey over my hair for shine. It's super soft and doesn't flake. My hair stays shiny and healthy.

What about some shea butter and water? It makes my "kitchen" area lay down nicely and I am 12 weeks post touch up.

[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:
I've been reading in a lot of hair books that celebs, Monique, Jill Marie Jones, Golden Brooks (come to mind) are using that Vonte product.

[/ QUOTE ] I JUST ORDERED THIS... IT CAME IN ONLY 3 DAYS. I'LL LET Y'ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lovechic said:
[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:

[/ QUOTE ] I JUST ORDERED THIS... IT CAME IN ONLY 3 DAYS. I'LL LET Y'ALL KNOW HOW IT WORKS! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have this and me likey. Mad you got yours in 3 days...where do youuuuuuuuuuu live???!!!! LOL. Took me a week to get mine! LOL.

MeccaMedinah said:
Bumping to see if you ladies still like the Vonte...

I know I still do....plan on sticking with it. That sucka officially became a staple last year.

lovechic said:
WHAT'S A GOOD HAIR SLICKING PRODUCT TO USE WHEN I PULL/PIN MY HAIR UP??? BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE A "GEL" (YOU KNOW LIKE AMPRO) I HATE THAT FLAKY STUFF! THANKS IN ADVANCE!
P.S. SOMETHING THAT WILL ADD SHINE TOO! /images/graemlins/wink.gif[/[email protected]]
How about trying Mizani Defining Styling Gel. Very good and it has mositurizers in it. I use it for my rollersets.

I know you said not to list gels but Citre Shine Gel works great! It's non-drying and non-flaky!

I've noticed for some reason that when I used LeKair Cholesterol Plus to condition my hair, it slicks down my hair very well!!! I wonder if it's okay to leave it in my hair... but I'm afraid the orangy color wouldn't go away.

I was on the same search....

First, I tried Elasta QP Mango Butter...Indifferent :perplexed

Next, I really enjoyed Carols Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey ;)

But THEN, I feel IN LOVE with Rasta Mango and Lime Locking Gel!!:grin:

It has gel in the title but it doesnt flake or leave buildup it smooths but leaves my hair soft and not greasy like the other two....Its more like a moisturizer with slicking properties....

I think after my next wash...I will use the gel sealed with a little Hair Honey and a drop of castor oil on top for extra shine...

I was wondering was that locking gel good. I know I like Sooth and Shine Curl Activator Gel.

I use Dove Weightless Moisturizers Define & Shine Control Gel - Its spectacular and smells so clean :D

I also heard that Elasta QP Glaze was good

Back