SleekandBouncy, I love your hair!!!!!!!!!

Xavier

I just saw your siggy and viewed your album. Your hair is Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Have those pictures always been in your siggy?

Xavier said:
I just saw your siggy and viewed your album. Your hair is Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Have those pictures always been in your siggy?

Hey! :)
I'm sorry I never replied, I never saw your post until today. I was reading back 30 pages when I saw it!!

Thanks so much for the compliment.

Mermaid0684 said:
Great job and lovely hair! Whats your regimen?

My old stylist was in denial about my hair. When I'd tell her about my techniques, diet or vitamins contributing to my length she'd say I have "good" (read: curly) hair, which is not true. Had she meet me prior to my relaxed hair she would have seen the awesome kinky afro that I had. I mention this only because I think it's important to stress that it's possible for 4A/B hair to grow long and healthy.

I wash & set 1x a week at a Dominican salon. Sometimes I'll con-wash mid week and wear my hair in a twist out, but I try to limit my washings to 2x a week max because I get tangles/loose hair.
I'm in the process of transitioning to a new regimen, but one keeper is my Elucence moisture balance conditioner. I cannot rave enough!! It instantly makes my hair soft and moisturized, but it's a mystery to me because most conditioners don't work on my hair plus the Elucence doesn't even have cones. I deep condition with the Elucence every wash and do a protein treatment like Aphogee or something lighter once a month.
My shampoos vary, right now I'm finishing up Elucence's moisture balance shampoo, which I don't like. As a pre-poo I put any ol' conditioner in my hair mixed with an oil an hour before my hair appt and put my hair in a bun. I use Salerm 21 as a leave in (love it!) and after the rollerset have my roots (only) blown straight.

I wrap my hair in alternating directions each night, and 2 nights a week I don't wrap at all. I just put it in a bun or I part it down the center and roll each side into a bun. IME, wrapping too much or in the same direction can cause thinning.
I moisturize every other day or every 2 days by mixing a small amount of Elucence moisture balance and a drop or two of Kemi Oyl into my palm and focusing on the ends of my hair then working my way up. On other occassions I'll simply rub a little Salerm 21 on my ends or Tigi Ego boost on my ends. Tigi's ego boost is specifically made to protect and seal the ends.
For shine I use Elucence shine spray or Aveda brilliant.

Overall I would contribute my length to my diet, retaining length (it's impossible to see growth if the ends are breaking), deep conditioning, no direct heat and as silly as this sounds visualizing myself with the hair I wanted. My hair was originally shoulder length, but between the tips from this board and visualizing my hair as long and thick I've almost reached my goal. I'm not a protective style person but I had to wear my hair up for 3 mos and I will say it definitely contributed to some major thickness earlier this year. I wear my hair out 95% of the time, but I tuck it away the instant I'm home, when I'm not trying to look cute and 2x a week. I don't believe protective styles are the only way to long hair, but it does make it easier however 2x a week is the closest I can get.

My biggest growth spurt so far has been from changing my diet a few months ago. I just added a few more protein rich foods and I got 1" in about 7 weeks. I normally get a quarter of an inch. I've just started using Boundless tresses so I'll report back in a few months. I'm obsessed with hair that swings so I only apply to my finger tips and then rub it into my scalp, I only apply it every other day.

Last edited:
SleekandBouncy said:

My old stylist was in denial about my hair. When I'd tell her about my techniques, diet or vitamins contributing to my length she'd say I have "good" (read: curly) hair, which is not true. Had she meet me prior to my relaxed hair she would have seen the awesome kinky afro that I had. I mention this only because I think it's important to stress that it's possible for 4A/B hair to grow long and healthy.

I wash & set 1x a week at a Dominican salon. Sometimes I'll con-wash mid week and wear my hair in a twist out, but I try to limit my washings to 2x a week max because I get tangles/loose hair.
I'm in the process of transitioning to a new regimen, but one keeper is my Elucence moisture balance conditioner. I cannot rave enough!! It instantly makes my hair soft and moisturized, but it's a mystery to me because most conditioners don't work on my hair plus the Elucence doesn't even have cones. I deep condition with the Elucence every wash and do a protein treatment like Aphogee or something lighter once a month.
My shampoos vary, right now I'm finishing up Elucence's moisture balance shampoo, which I don't like. As a pre-poo I put any ol' conditioner in my hair mixed with an oil an hour before my hair appt and put my hair in a bun. I use Salerm 21 as a leave in (love it!) and after the rollerset have my roots (only) blown straight.

I wrap my hair in alternating directions each night, and 2 nights a week I don't wrap at all. I just put it in a bun or I part it down the center and roll each side into a bun. IME, wrapping too much or in the same direction can cause thinning.
I moisturize every other day or every 2 days by mixing a small amount of Elucence moisture balance and a drop or two of Kemi Oyl into my palm and focusing on the ends of my hair then working my way up. On other occassions I'll simply rub a little Salerm 21 on my ends or Tigi Ego boost on my ends. Tigi's ego boost is specifically made to protect and seal the ends.
For shine I use Elucence shine spray or Aveda brilliant.

Overall I would contribute my length to my diet, retaining length (it's impossible to see growth if the ends are breaking), deep conditioning, no direct heat and as silly as this sounds visualizing myself with the hair I wanted. My hair was originally shoulder length, but between the tips from this board and visualizing my hair as long and thick I've almost reached my goal. I'm not a protective style person but I had to wear my hair up for 3 mos and I will say it definitely contributed to some major thickness earlier this year. I wear my hair out 95% of the time, but I tuck it away the instant I'm home, when I'm not trying to look cute and 2x a week. I don't believe protective styles are the only way to long hair, but it does make it easier however 2x a week is the closest I can get.

My biggest growth spurt so far has been from changing my diet a few months ago. I just added a few more protein rich foods and I got 1" in about 7 weeks. I normally get a quarter of an inch. I've just started using Boundless tresses so I'll report back in a few months. I'm obsessed with hair that swings so I only apply to my finger tips and then rub it into my scalp, I only apply it every other day.

Thank you! Since you're a frequent Dominican salon goer, do you just get your roots blown out?

Mermaid0684 said:
Thank you! Since you're a frequent Dominican salon goer, do you just get your roots blown out?

Only my roots.
I'm contemplating purchasing a new blowdryer and doing my hair at home for 2x a month for the next few months, just because I'd like to intergrate some techniques into my regimen that are easier when you're doing it yourself.
If I can find a blowdryer that gets my roots as straight as at the DS and a good detangling shampoo then I will probably start in a week or two and at that point I'll post my soon to be revised regimen. My regimen needs an update anyway.

14.gif
What beautiful hair she has!!!
14.gif

Back