SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

What length are you now? 2-3inches

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? natural, second time trying to keep it natural.

What retention methods do you plan on using? not sure what to do now, cowashing twice a week, hoping I don't get too many SSK. Trimming every 8weeks. I'm unable to just dust.....can't get less than 1/4- 1/2 inch cut, hope I don't end at a stand still, cutting all that I have grown.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? just my one-a day multivit, I have been using twice daily dosage and my nails are growing fast and strong, I haven't noticed any increased hair growth

I will post a picture by end of the year

What length are you now?
EL in the front and top, NL in the back

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using?
protective styling, low-manipulation styles, and no heat

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?
No

I will post a pic as soon as I take these braids out.

Thought I'd joined this challenge already :ohwell:

What length are you now?
Twa varying btw 2.5- 4 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
natural
What retention methods do you plan on using?
No heat, daily CW, steaming dc 1-2x weekly (when I buy a steamer)
Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special?
Negative
:yay::yay:

Oh and also post a starting pic...I'm so bad w/ these...lol but I'll eventually post one too.[/QUOTE]

image-1222725516.jpg

Will attach another pic at official start of challenge

Last edited:
[USER=346925 said:
APrayer4Hair[/USER];17325991]@faithVA I noticed @Mz.MoMo5325 posted up thread so I believe she is considering. Glad u e here as well. I feel a little less silly because I'm not really expecting to reach SL in 2013

Neither am I. So it will be fun to hang out together as see how far we get.

Happy Thanksgiving ladies :grin:

What length are you now? twa i don't even think it hit 2 inches yet

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What retention methods do you plan on using? psing with my wig until my hair grow out enough i might get braids. Co-wash almost daily, Moisturize and seal. Pre poo and steaming deep condition 2x a week.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Just taking my multi and my iron and trying to stick to drinking a lot of water

I'm new to blogging and recently started my healthy hair journey 5mos ago, so please bare with me. None the less, I'm extremely excited about this new journey! ;0)

What length are you now? Neck length

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What retention methods do you plan on using? weekly washing/cowashing, protective styling, roller sets, minimal heat, and regular moisturize and sealing

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? GNC ultra mega multivitamin, biotin (10,000 mcg), fish oil

Put in a new set of coils this evening. My hair is stretching better, so I can see my length. I have enough length to rollerset now. I am going to do my best to just stick with the coils to give my hair a break fro the day to day manipulation. I will take it one month at a time and get through December.

I think I'm going to end up cowashing in cornrows. My hair just seems to soak up moisture no matter how much I moisturize. And I haven't even been wearing my wig because I've been home with the baby.

I bought some Herbal Essences Hello Hydration on sale the other day & used it for the first time to co-wash on Sunday, DC’d for an hour. Leave-in conditioner & wrapped my hair to dry. After it dried, I oiled my scalp w/ some Tea Tree oil (mixed w/ some other oils) moisturized & sealed w/ EVCO. Wigging it out for my PS. I noticed that the middle of my head has an inch of NG but the outer areas are at about a half an inch.

As soon as my b.a.s.k. black friday mini-haul gets here, I'm going to DC and then put my hair in corn rows. I'm thinking that I may get a wig to wear for a little while until I get up the gumption to put in some crochet braids for my winter protective style.

As soon as my b.a.s.k. black friday mini-haul gets here, I'm going to DC and then put my hair in corn rows. I'm thinking that I may get a wig to wear for a little while until I get up the gumption to put in some crochet braids for my winter protective style.

Did you get the cocoa deep con? If so you are going to love it. The smell is very strong but its nice chocolaty aroma. I have been wanting to get the yam one but havent yet!

I am not SL yet but I'm not joining but I do want to cheer you ladies on from the sidelines. So go ladies go and all the best!

Babygrowth, this will be my first time putting them in myself. My neighbor used to do them for me when I was in college, now I'm going to try it because they seem much easier than individual braids which just take too much time to install.

I was watching MsPYT81 on Youtube, and I'm going to try her braiding pattern and the hair she uses in that video.

Deleted cause I forgot I had posted regi already. *shrug

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121127_094304.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121127_094304.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 33
  • ForumRunner_20121127_094349.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121127_094349.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Oh wow, at first I didn't see alot of folks joining and kinda figured no one was interested :lol:

Does anyone else want to take over as lead; I'm not that great at keeping challenges going. And I didn't add anything about prizes either. Let me know.

Babygrowth, this will be my first time putting them in myself. My neighbor used to do them for me when I was in college, now I'm going to try it because they seem much easier than individual braids which just take too much time to install.

I was watching MsPYT81 on Youtube, and I'm going to try her braiding pattern and the hair she uses in that video.

I subscribed to her because she talks like me. Forgetting what she saying and stuff. Lol! I am going to try her braid pattern too. I'm considering leaving a little out on top, do a hump and a faux tree braid thang on the side. I saw a twenty something girl rocking it. I know she must have thought I was so gay. I was just imprinting the style in my brain. Water wave in a 2 with some 27 mixed in. Gotta do it. Plus its color proof. Um just saying.

So i already started.I have un lazy myself and post some pics.
Meanwhile i bought a whole bunch of black friday stuff to use. So far i like my curl junkie stuff it also smells great. I'm having wig issues and need to take a flat iron and some product to it. No matter what i did in san francisco the hair just got bigger and bigger i guess from the weather??? I like senghori shells hair but it gets a little out of control.

cinnespice what curl junkie stuff did you get? I've been drooling over this line for a while but I probably won't buy anything until next year.

I clarified today and am doing a protein treatment with ORS mayo. Then the rows are going back in hopefully tonight but maybe tmrw because its getting late...

Ive been waiting for one of these!!
What length are you now? NL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Relaxed

What retention methods do you plan on using? Wigs

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? Taking Biotin and using MN

Attachments

• IMG_20121122_003058.jpg
    IMG_20121122_003058.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 43
Back