Single Person At Couples Night

Ipanema

I'm feeling kind of funny about this. So my friend invited me to a show, and gave me a free ticket. When she told me who else was going, it was all girls, so I was thinking "girl's night out." I didn't even ask. We were to meet outside in the square before the show. When I got there, it was her, her husband, her adult daughter and her daughter's boyfriend. In my mind, I'm thinking okay this is not girl's night. I felt slightly annoyed because I don't like her husband. He has a certain disrespectful air about him, the type that older married men who are cheaters have with women.

So we're all sitting down, and she mentions the other girl who has not arrived yet. She says that the other girl is not coming alone, though. So now I'm really annoyed because if I new it was a couples thing, I would have had my SO come along. I was about to mention this jokingly, but then she started slobbing down her husband right there. Her eyes were on me. I turned around and pretended to people-watch. The other girl arrived alone. I was relieved, and the night was good after that. But I still feel funny about my friend. It felt strange. Am I thinking too much about it?

I’d feel the same way. Are you sure she’s your friend? I ask because she may have misled you about who would be going to the event and she looked at you as she was slobbing her husband down. That seems odd and none of my friends would do that to me.

Of course, I too could be reading too much into it. Lol.

I am against ghosting... but I would ghost her.
For some reason when you said you were against ghosting, it brought this image to my mind:
maxresdefault.jpg

:lachen:

Now a days you just don’t know with people.
Why did she feel the need to look at you whilst puckering up with her husband?
Honestly what mature woman makes out in public with her husband?

She’d be on the back burner for awhile and if she insisted on knowing why you’ve distanced yourself I’d nicely let her know.

Very odd, I hardly ever invite single people to couple dinners. Plus, she knows you have an SO, so that's doubly weird. Not very friend-ly if you ask me.:look:

ETA: Maybe she put on the PDA, while staring at you because she's trying to test you're swinger barometer. I'onno, people try to "try" people different ways and I'm trying to make sense if her behavior. Anyhow, I heard swingers typically meet each other at oriented events or locations, so take my swinger comment in jest.

Last edited:
Very odd, I hardly ever invite single people to couple dinners. Plus, she knows you have an SO, so that's doubly weird. Not very friend-ly if you ask me.:look:

ETA: Maybe she put on the PDA, while staring at you because she's trying to test you're swinger barometer. I'onno, people try to "try" people different ways and I'm trying to make sense if her behavior. Anyhow, I heard swingers typically meet each other at oriented events or locations, so take my swinger comment in jest.
I got the swinger thing too. My cousin lives that lifestyle and it sounds a little like something she shared with me. But I could just be on guard for it.

As far as the invite goes, it sounds to me like the friend started off with 6 tickets for 3 couples. When the other lady’s SO backed out, your friend offered the single ticket to you. Then maybe the lady’s SO changed his plan and wanted to come (which is why your friend thought the lady’s SO would be there) but he didn’t buy a ticket for whatever reason.

As for the kissing thing, I don’t know. It’s all weird though without an explanation.

Do you care enough to ask for an explanation for all this weirdness?

Do you care enough to ask for an explanation for all this weirdness?

No way would I ask her directly about this.

She probably thinks her husband wants you and is trying to "humble" you.

Wow. Excuse me while I :barf:

How long have you known her?

She doesn't sound like a friend.

It's been about four years. We visit each other's houses sometimes and go to parties and events, usually with the same group of women. SOs are pretty much never involved or around when we do things.

I’d feel the same way. Are you sure she’s your friend? I ask because she may have misled you about who would be going to the event and she looked at you as she was slobbing her husband down. That seems odd and none of my friends would do that to me.

Of course, I too could be reading too much into it. Lol.
I picked that up too and that would have been the last time homegirl would ever see or hear from me again. I have literally left events where I felt the energy was off, or somebody was on some garbage.
I wouldn’t even allow her to explain herself. She would get blocked.

Based on her slobbing her husband and how you described him, I definitely think they are swingers. Stay away, because they are too forceful and deceptive. They should keep that in their own lifestyle, not try to test the waters with a legit friend who showed zero sexual interest (you). She seems like she’s just desperate to keep her husband happy.

you beat me to it girl that was a bat signal meant to get you moist and juicy.

Ask her her opinions on the life, 3sumz and swangin.....and report back :pop: :coffee:

Back