(silly ? but) Do u wash your hair in the shower or sink?

summerof1990

LOL I know i I know i ask some of the most bizarre question. But I just want to know how many or sink and shower washers
And Why?

Do u think washing in the shower can be a little more manipulating i guess since the stream is higher? Vs the sink

I wash mine in the sink. I just don't like having to keep going back in the shower.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I only use the sink if I dye my hair or use a deep conditioner, other than that I use the shower. I prefer shower washing, barely any tangles. When I have to flip my hair upside down then it tangles like crazy.

The shower is the way to go (with my shower water filter). If I need to follow up I do it with my handheld attachment in the tub.

I use my shower attachment and sit/kneel down outside of the tub. I don't like washing in the shower as the products tend to break out the skin on my back.

I only use the shower (I don't mind hopping in and out several times). The last time I washed my hair in the sink, Prince was sporting an afro.

Shower always. If DCing with AO GBP, I apply it to dry hair 15 minutes before I take my shower. Jump in the shower, shampoo, condition. Put on cap while I wash my body. Rinse body, rinse hair, towel dry; spritz with ACV solution.

If using Emergencee or for the mid-week wash, I stand on the side of the tub (I have one of those showers that is also a tub; shower has a hose and shower head), and use shower head to wet hair, use the switch to turn showerhead off and lay it on the faucet, shampoo hair over shower. Rinse. Emergencee, put on cap. Go enjoy a cup of coffee or whatever. Return ten minutes later. Shampoo with Therappe. Rinse. Condition. Wait a few minutes (I usually fit in something during the waits like a quick email or post). Rinse. Mix ACV solution in a basin. Dunk head, massage scalp. Done. I suppose doing it this way is like washing over the sink...but without a showerhead I think it'd feel really clumsy. Plus over the tub I don't feel confined. I think I would be over the sink.

If I am not DCing, (both previous paragraphs involved DCing), then I do it in the shower. There's no need to get out...because I shampoo my hair first, apply conditioner while I finish my shower then rinse conditioner out. ACV rinse or spritz to finish my wash (I usually have the basin in the tub with me so all I need to do is add water, the ACV (I keep a small bottle in the b/r, and EOs also in the b/r).

Last edited:
I prefer to use the shower because im able to make it not tangle like it does in the sink. But if I need to rinse my hair more than once, for instance a shampoo then a dc, I use the sink to shampoo, then I rinse out my dc in the shower. Also, lately i have been doing a lot of co-wash/wash-n-go's before I leave the house so the shower works best for me.

How do sink washers avoid tangles? I see majority have said they tangle.

I use to wash in the sink pre-LHCF but my hair tangled too much. I really wish I didn't have to jump in and out of the shower. I don't have a shower attachment.

Shower, always.

I just dc before getting in the shower. Kind of as a pre-poo. When I get in the shower, I shampoo and/or quickie condition.

This way, there's no getting in and out of the shower. Easy peasy. :grin:

Shower usually. I use the sink sometimes to rinse out a DC though.

Yesterday I did my pre-poo and washed my hair in the shower. I dried off and applied my DC. After that sat on my hair for about an hour, I rinsed it off in the sink. I washed my hair in 6 two-strand twists to avoid tangles.

I shampoo during my pre-bed shower.. Apply my dc and keep it in over night. I rinse it during my morning shower.

Shower always. If DCing with AO GBP, I apply it to dry hair 15 minutes before I take my shower. Jump in the shower, shampoo, condition. Put on cap while I wash my body. Rinse body, rinse hair, towel dry; spritz with ACV solution.

If using Emergencee or for the mid-week wash, I stand on the side of the tub (I have one of those showers that is also a tub; shower has a hose and shower head), and use shower head to wet hair, use the switch to turn showerhead off and lay it on the faucet, shampoo hair over shower. Rinse. Emergencee, put on cap. Go enjoy a cup of coffee or whatever. Return ten minutes later. Shampoo with Therappe. Rinse. Condition. Wait a few minutes (I usually fit in something during the waits like a quick email or post). Rinse. Mix ACV solution in a basin. Dunk head, massage scalp. Done. I suppose doing it this way is like washing over the sink...but without a showerhead I think it'd feel really clumsy. Plus over the tub I don't feel confined. I think I would be over the sink.

If I am not DCing, (both previous paragraphs involved DCing), then I do it in the shower. There's no need to get out...because I shampoo my hair first, apply conditioner while I finish my shower then rinse conditioner out. ACV rinse or spritz to finish my wash (I usually have the basin in the tub with me so all I need to do is add water, the ACV (I keep a small bottle in the b/r, and EOs also in the b/r).

You just described my deep conditioning routine to a perfect T, complete with the resting of the shower hose on the faucet!! :lachen: :lol:

LOL :LOL: Everybody saying they use the shower maybe i can learn a lesson. I used to use the shower but i hated getting water in my ears so the sink became my BFF

COME TO THINK OF IT I DID HAD LESS TANGLES USING THE SHOWER.let me MAN UP lool its just water right.

Thanks Ladies. Yall are boss.

Another reason i stopped using the shower was because for some reason i think i was getting breakage from the shower..lol

I use the tub. Quick question to all the ladies who use the shower. Do you ever have trouble getting your hair thoroughly wet? I've tried washing my hair in the shower a few times and seemed to take forever for my hair to get wet and I get pretty good water pressure from my shower. Seems the only way to get my hair really wet is to drench it under the faucet.

I alternate between the two. I wash first with my Sulfur 8 in the tub, rinse that and apply my DC and rinse that in the sink.

I hate to do that in the shower because it seems like hair hair gets everywhere.

if i'm co-washing/conditioner rinsing or rinsing out a dc i just do it in the shower...if im rinsing out cassia or a rinse/color i usually do it in the sink in the laundry room...when i'm washing my hair with shampoo i hold my hair over the tub and use the shower head to soak my hair then i apply the shampoo to my scalp/hair in the mirror in front of the sink so i can make sure its clean, then i rinse with the shower head...

Shower always. I don't mind hopping in and out if I have to. But even if I don't feel like it I can use my mom's since it's big enough where I don't have to put my whole body in. I just put 2 towels in the entrance bend over and use hand held shower head. I have too much hair to use the sink.

shower with handheld shower head is great for henna, co-wash, oil rinse, shampoo, water massage sore neck/back, clean tub/shower

I wash in the sink and the shower, mostly the sink though. I always detangle my hair and put it in twists before I wash so I don't have a problem with tangling. I don't like to wash my hair loose. I find washing in the sink easier and I use/waste less water. Plus, I hate water dripping and flowing in my face for extended periods of time.

Back