Silky Soft then, desert dry :(

my hair was acting like this for the last couple of weeks and i did an acv rinse, a light protein treatment and then a moisturizing dc on friday. my hair is finally acting right.

I have that problem, so based on what I've learned about my hair here are two possibilities.

1. Maybe your hair responds better to oil.
2. Maybe your hair reacts badly to products with silicone high in the ingredient list

I would suggest that you look at your products and see if they all have a certain ingredient in common. I that products that dried my hair had the ingredient "cyclopentasiloxane" in common.

Products that work better for me typically are oil based or have "stearyl alcohol" high on the list. So that's what I tend to look for when trying new products.

Good luck!

my hair was acting like this for the last couple of weeks and i did an acv rinse, a light protein treatment and then a moisturizing dc on friday. my hair is finally acting right.

In that order? i'm about to wash my hair right now. Did you do the ACV rinse first? I've tried it before and .. it was horrible. My hair was so ROUGH afterwards. but, since I'm still suffering from this (since OCTOBER) I'll try everything again.

I have that problem, so based on what I've learned about my hair here are two possibilities.

1. Maybe your hair responds better to oil.
2. Maybe your hair reacts badly to products with silicone high in the ingredient list

I would suggest that you look at your products and see if they all have a certain ingredient in common. I that products that dried my hair had the ingredient "cyclopentasiloxane" in common.

Products that work better for me typically are oil based or have "stearyl alcohol" high on the list. So that's what I tend to look for when trying new products.

Good luck!

Thanks girl,

I tried tracking all the prods that my hair hates. For example- my hair abs hates glycerin. I used Sta Sof Fro, S curl and its gross. any leave ins w glycerin as a top ingredient sucks. But, I'm going to look into the cones. I don't really use that many though.

I think the problem could also be me. I really feel like makeup- maybe the technique of using these prods. I just gotta figure it out because it doesn't make any sense why my hair is DRY like this!!:wallbash:

In that order? i'm about to wash my hair right now. Did you do the ACV rinse first? I've tried it before and .. it was horrible. My hair was so ROUGH afterwards. but, since I'm still suffering from this (since OCTOBER) I'll try everything again.

i shampooed first, then used the acv rinse... i diluted it in a water bottle. less than 1 quarter of the bottle was acv. then i left it in for about a minute and a half. then i did the reconstructor. then i did the moisturizing dc. used a moisturizer as a leave in and did a flexi rod set.

Back