Silkener - Curve Salon, NYC?

jerseyjill

Hello,
I wanted to start off by saying that you guys are the nicest most encouraging and sweet women I have ever come across. I love the comraderie between "sisters" that is so rare in our time of "each man for himself" I have learned so much from you guys and I see my 11 year old daughters hair doing so good in only two weeks time from conditioner washes - who would have known?

Anyway I have been natural for about three years and have only managed to wear braids or wigs because I cant manage it for squat (4a/B) but I am ready to get a silkener (as I learned about from you guys
smile.gif
)

I just wanted to hear any raves or rants from any of you guys who have one. How do you maintain it daily - do you spray activator like a curl? (It's basically a texturizer done with a mild lye relaxer, right)
And Im thinking of going to Curves in Brooklyn, is there a favorite stylist of your there and is there any other place in NY/NJ to get this done?

Thanking my Sisters in Advance,
Jersey Jill

PS ,
I will hold you girls responsible if I become a PJ!
laugh.gif
drunk.gif

Godmademepretty, the little girl on your avatar is gorgeous!

I can't add too much either only to say that Curves has two sisters who work in the salon, so it doesn't matter who you get. I believe they do a tag team type thing. I wish I knew another place besides Curves cuz those sisters can get a little stank when they want to.

Good luck and Welcome!

Thanks for the reply and the welcome ladies!

Zora,
I'm so tired of stank attitudes that I have to turn my hard earned money over to! I know they probably charge a pretty penny also - that is another reason I wanted alternatives so I could do comparison shopping! You know!

But I think all they do is put a mild lye relaxer in. I don't know - wish me luck!

[ QUOTE ]
jerseyjill said:
Thanks for the reply and the welcome ladies!

Zora,
I'm so tired of stank attitudes that I have to turn my hard earned money over to! I know they probably charge a pretty penny also - that is another reason I wanted alternatives so I could do comparison shopping! You know!

But I think all they do is put a mild lye relaxer in. I don't know - wish me luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Girl. They put in a mild lye relaxer for about 5-9 minutes. That's what I read on their website. I was thinking of getting my daughter's hair done, but the consultation fee is $50 (can be applied towards price of services) and the Silkener starts at $150 and up. That price put me off....
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
zora said:
Godmademepretty, the little girl on your avatar is gorgeous!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!!! That's my daughter at 3.

GMMP, your daughter is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

AJDiva, I wondered about that pricing. Kinda over the top for a relaxer, but if someone wanted to gift it to me, well...
grin.gif
I checked out your pics today. You are beautiful! You were working that New Years Eve outfit!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
OnceUponAtime said:
GMMP, your daughter is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

AJDiva, I wondered about that pricing. Kinda over the top for a relaxer, but if someone wanted to gift it to me, well...
grin.gif
I checked out your pics today. You are beautiful! You were working that New Years Eve outfit!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh! Why, thank you!!!
wink.gif

Back