Silicon Mix

Kayluv

This may be a silly question but is the dominican product Silicon mix nothing more than a tub of cones?? :perplexed

Kayluv said:
This may be a silly question but is the dominican product Silicon mix nothing more than a tub of cones?? :perplexed

I don't know what it is but I know that it works for me when the ng gets out of control.

It has silicones in it, but here is the full ingredient list:

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimoniun Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

preciousjewel76 said:
Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimoniun Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Thank you so much! :)

I've totally been wondering about this for such a long time...

This helps more than you know! :)

I haven't tried the poo but I really like Silicon Mix. I didn't realize until after I used it that it has mineral oil as one of the main ingredients. Oh well!

I tried it (the shampoo) and didn't really like it. It smelled great but for some reason it was drying to my hair out. Maybe I'll give it another go later on... but I didn't really like it.

I have the shampoo and it was alright but I'm not really a person that expects to notice a difference from my shampoo because I'm never just using shampoo without DC's and doing conditioner rinses so if the poo is lacking I don't notice.

However, I'm NOT a fan of the Silicon Leave-in on wet hair, I'll only use Lacio Lacio on my wet hair from now on and I'll use Silicon maybe as a daily moisturizer but my hair was stiff, perhaps too much Silicon action going on and it wasn't a fun process to get it parted with 8 wk's worth of NG on top of that, so won't be doing that again. But it's cool on dry hair.

OnAHairQuest said:
Has anyone tried the poo, and liked it?

I have the shampoo and I've only used it once. I wasn't that impressed but I'm gonna try to give it a couple more chances.

LOVE Silicon Mix conditioner though! Started using it 3 months ago and this has become a staple for me.:)

OnAHairQuest said:
Has anyone tried the poo, and liked it?

i tried the poo and conditioner and wasnt impressed with either.:( i wanted to be because of the high reviews here but it did nothing for me. the poo made my hair hard and stripped it. i thought i would use it for a clarifying poo but no no...it seems too harsh. the conditioner didnt do much, i dont need to buy it again:nono:

luvmesumhair said:
Ummm:look: what are cones? What do they do to your hair :confused:
Cones are silicones.
Some people love them other try to avoid them b/c they can either make or break your hair.
The make your hair slippery and manageable(for some not all) but can also leave build-up that will clog your pores and the hair follicles, preventing the hair from receiving moisture and drying it out.
Clarifying shampoos can help with that.
If you do a search for silicones you will have tons of threads popping up that will explain this all in detail:)

ella said:
Cones are silicones.
Some people love them other try to avoid them b/c they can either make or break your hair.
The make your hair slippery and manageable(for some not all) but can also leave build-up that will clog your pores and the hair follicles, preventing the hair from receiving moisture and drying it out.
If you do a search for silicones you will have tons of threads popping up that will explain this all in detail:)

Great explanation, Ella :yep:

Silicon Mix gave me an awful headache for some reason. The smell is really overpowering.

kinchen said:
it melts the tangles away for my natural 4a/b hair i wish it was sold in a big bucket i would cowash with it every day
Silicon Mix is sold in a big bucket 60oz size.
I buy it all the time my hair just soaks it up and I can stretch my relaxer longer when ng gets rough.

ella said:
Cones are silicones.

OK. Thanks for the info.

Back