silicon mix? Original? Bamboo? Or de perla?

which silicon mix do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tri3nity

I want to try the silicon mix. Have seen so many rave reviews about this product. Then after looking it up online, I see that there are 3 types. All are for healthy hair but each has a little different benefit. The bamboo has a, e, f, h (biotin) b5 (panthenol) and horse chestnut extract for health and beauty helping it to grow longer. But I also read in some thread that it has some type of drying alcohol. The de perla says is a fortifier for softness, health & shine and the original reads the same as the de perla with added description , for dry, brittle, damaged hair. For all of you that have used thes, which do you like best?

I recently purchased the 60 oz. tub of the original. My hair hates it. I am a 4a/4b relaxed head who is 11 weeks post. The first time I used it, my hair was a hard tangled mess. I thought I was going to have to end my stretch early. The second and third times I used it, I mixed in castor oil and that was slightly better. This last time I took an empty 16 oz. silk elements megasilk jar and mixed the silicon mix, silk elements moisturizing conditioner (the one that comes in the bottle not the deep conditioner), and Nexxus Humectress (old formula) in roughly equal parts. I then added two ounces of castor oil to that mix. My hair came out much better.

All-in-all if I have to mix it with another conditioner and some oil, I am going to pass. When I use that tub up (by mixing it with other conditioners/oils) I am not going to repurchase it. I am going back to my NTM which works really well on my hair while I am stretching.

I hope this helps.

The original is my staple :love: :lick: I also tried the bamboo, it's pretty good, but not as good.

I recently purchased the 60 oz. tub of the original. My hair hates it. I am a 4a/4b relaxed head who is 11 weeks post. The first time I used it, my hair was a hard tangled mess. I thought I was going to have to end my stretch early. The second and third times I used it, I mixed in castor oil and that was slightly better. This last time I took an empty 16 oz. silk elements megasilk jar and mixed the silicon mix, silk elements moisturizing conditioner (the one that comes in the bottle not the deep conditioner), and Nexxus Humectress (old formula) in roughly equal parts. I then added two ounces of castor oil to that mix. My hair came out much better.

All-in-all if I have to mix it with another conditioner and some oil, I am going to pass. When I use that tub up (by mixing it with other conditioners/oils) I am not going to repurchase it. I am going back to my NTM which works really well on my hair while I am stretching.

I hope this helps.

wow! My hair is also 4a/4b relaxed and this scares me a little! I appreciate your review. Maybe I will just order a small one to see how it works for me. It was my intention to buy the tub! Thanks again!

OP, just to give you another opinion, Im also relaxed --4a/4b. The first time I used the original silicon mix, I was in love with it. My hair felt so soft and moisturized. Ever since then, Ive tried the other two silicon mix DC's. Im DC'ing with the bambu DC right now.

OP, just to give you another opinion, Im also relaxed --4a/4b. The first time I used the original silicon mix, I was in love with it. My hair felt so soft and moisturized. Ever since then, Ive tried the other two silicon mix DC's. Im DC'ing with the bambu DC right now.

How is it that the same textures react so differently to the same product!
ok now that just doesn't make any sense!:spinning:

the poster who used SM said it didn't work for her but she likes NTM. My hair hates NTM! I laughed when I saw her post. Buy the smallest one and see how you like it. Also do a search on the board to read other comments.

How is it that the same textures react so differently to the same product!
ok now that just doesn't make any sense!:spinning:

oh no i hope my hair likes NTM b/c I just purchased it at medco..My hair loves silicon mix. It's what my salon at home uses on me.

OK. Duh! I've used that. Need to learn these abbreviations better. It was a great product Then walgreens had their YTC hair & scalp mask marked down to $6 from $12.99 and then $3.50 back in December. I still have 5 or 6 left. This is why I'm trying to find a replacement for it. It is $15 at Target here and I refuse, no matter how great, to pay that price for an 8.5 oz jar of conditioner!

(I'm texlaxed)
I've never tried the bambu but I think I will give it a shot.

The Original is one of my staples, I love it!

I wasn't too impressed with the Perla, the smell was nice but I don't think it worked as well for my hair.

I love YTC. Im going to get some the next time it goes on sale...which is basically never!

It is a great product! Just expensive! Well the Mask is! Walgreens was doing a close-out and I like I've done the past week for Skala, hit up every Walgreens in Houston!

I have only used the original which I like a lot. I will give the other 2 versions a try.

I haven't met a product that my hair hates in years, but at the same time my hair stays clarified, I think that makes a difference.

I have only used the original which I like a lot. I will give the other 2 versions a try.

I haven't met a product that my hair hates in years, but at the same time my hair stays clarified, I think that makes a difference.

How often do you clarify? I've been doing it every 4 weeks.

I'll be trying the original Silicon Mix within the next two days. I'll report back then.

Thanks! That will be appreciated! I have these few YTC Mask to get through and I want to order the small silicon to try the week I clarify so that I'll know if I want to order the big 60 oz tub.

I have been using the original Silicon Mix for years with great results especially when stretching my relaxer.(staple)
I tried the De Pearla and I am still on the fence,not as much slip and moisture.
I ordered the Bambu and cant wait to try it.

I like the original, it moisturizes my hair and really give me great volume whenever I air dry my hair. Plus, it smells great too.

I absolutely love the way Bamboo smells but it not does offer as much moisture as the original. It actually felt like a potein on my hair.

De perla, I like this one the least as it tangles my hair and does not moisturize much but my hair feels stronger. I like the smell of this one the least as well.

I like the original, it moisturizes my hair and really give me great volume whenever I air dry my hair. Plus, it smells great too.

I absolutely love the way Bamboo smells but it not does offer as much moisture as the original. It actually felt like a potein on my hair.

De perla, I like this one the least as it tangles my hair and does not moisturize much but my hair feels stronger. I like the smell of this one the least as well.

Thanks for the review on the other versions of Silicon Mix. I couldn't decide which one to get, but since the original conditioner has been on my mind for quite some time, I decided to order this one. Now I don't have to wonder what the other two are like. I won't even order them.

Thanks! That will be appreciated! I have these few YTC Mask to get through and I want to order the small silicon to try the week I clarify so that I'll know if I want to order the big 60 oz tub.

YTC has been on my mind lately. I'll wait before I try it. I heard it's pretty good. How does it compare against the other top rated conditioners?

I saw it a few months ago in Walmart, but it's been removed. Now I may have to search Target . . . or better yet, search Houston in July 2011.

Last edited:
Back