silica

CHOCOLATECHILD

I keep hearing everyone talking about...SILICA. But where can I find it. Isn't "HORSETAIL" the same thing. And can I buy Silica in the Vitamin ailse at the drugstore.

I'm glad you asked this question because I'm confused as well on Silica. I have the Horsetail kind from GNC and it's 11mg. I'm not sure if that's too much, too little or what?

if the mg are only 11 than how many pills are you taking daily. What do I look for as in "MG" when I buy my suppliments. I'm looking to buy some this weekend from walgreens because the have a buy one get one free sale. But the only vitamins they have that I'll need for hair growth is the "MSM" and "Flaxseed OIL". I really need some help with this issue so that I can start an effictive suppliment program. Currently I'm taking a multi-vitamin, (2) 600mg. Biotin, and (1) Amino Acid tablet. As you can see I need some serious help!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm not a hair vitamin pro, but I'll help you out to the best of my ability that I can. If anything I list is incorrect and anyone notices, please please please feel free to intervene.

Okay, first and foremost, we all need a multi-vitamin so that we can get all the required nutrients to lead a healthy life. For general hair condition, many board members here and on other boards take the GNC UltraNourishHair, GNC's NourishHair or the Vito Vitamin. They contain, Biotin, MSM, Silica and other vitamins which are important for hair health, stimulation and growth.

I started off with the NourishHair first to see how my body would react. So far I haven't experienced any complications.

Biotin:
Biotin can boost your hair growth. Skin, nails, and hair rely on biotin to grow, your hair should grow faster and stronger. Many board members have experienced results using 5000mcg/day.

MSM:
It helps to decrease hair fall out. It does this by assisting in making the growth stage of the hair longer. The longer you are able to retain the root, the longer you hair will grow. Many board members take up to 3200mcg/day.

Silica:
Helps your hair be soft and shiny. I believe the average dosage could be 500mg/day

Evening Primrose Oil:
Can reduce PMS, clear up eczema, helping your skin glow, minimize fine wrinkles, reduce cholesterol, help with your metabolism, and cure hair and nail problems. It helps nourish straw-like hair. It should help your scalp should feel less dry and the hair growing in should feel softer and more nourished. You should use this in conjunction with Flax Seed Oil because your body need both to work properly. Taking both will help the cells of the body work more efficiently and in return help growth of hair as well as health of hair and body. I believe people use 500mg/day.

Flaxseed Oil:
Same benefits as Evening Primrose Oil. I believe the usage is 500mg/day.

ChocolateChild, you can buy silica at any vitamin store (I imagine health food stores will carry it also). Silica is a/k/a horsetail extract. You can safely take more than 500 mg/day. I take GNC Ultra Nourishair, which has 1 mg of silica, and I take separate silica tablets. They contain 500 mg per tablet.

Thanks for the detailed vitamin synopsis, AmilLion! It will be really helpful for the new board members. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

No problem Kit Kat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I notice you use Affirm, how do you like their relaxer?

I take silica to help strengthen my hair and nails. I take 500 mg in the morning, and I take 500 mg in the evening.

Back