Silica Gel, Is good stuff

moneychaser

from what my co-work says. She takes NatureWorks Body Essential Silica! "Body Essential silica provides Silica in one of its purest, most potent forms." She said it has made her hair stronger and oh so lush, and I agree. Her hair looks good /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
59122.jpg

You know the PJ in me has to check it OUT /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Why did you have to go and do this???? /images/graemlins/rofl.gif You know we PJ's have a hard time resisting...I am planning to go buy me some VITAMINS, but I may look over at this stuff when I go. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
She gets it from Whole Foods Market. Im going during lunch today /images/graemlins/driver.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a Whole Foods right down the block from my job. I might take a walk down there during my lunch. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

Our emails

Denali: Do you think the silica is worth the money?

Co-worker: Yes because it worked for me ..I don't know how long exactly it takes to see results but it is definetly worth the money..

Denali: /images/graemlins/driver.gif to Whole Foods..
/images/graemlins/fat.gif In the Whole Foods parking lot before driving off /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I was going to order some online as there is no health food store near me but I changed my mind. After seeing this post, I think I will re-consider. I found some online for a low price...

[ QUOTE ]
Denali girl, you are crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

She sure is..lol She cracks me up!!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

I agree..I was using this, biotin, and MSM religious but have slacked off..I will reintroduce this and MSM but no more biotin pills(just the cream by Nexxus) my skin is too sensitive and I broke out no matter how little I ingested...the silica is thick, needs to be refrigated and has no taste..I use to mix it w/oj..

to the vitamin experts, can you take too much silica? like I know that too much vitamin a can be toxic... what is the scoop on silica? yes denali is a craaaaaaaazy girl /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

thanks Kaddy /images/graemlins/smile.gif and denali you look cute in your picture...

[ QUOTE ]
thanks Kaddy /images/graemlins/smile.gif and denali you look cute in your picture...

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanks Bev!!

[ QUOTE ]
I used to use this a while ago, but never consistently. I better go buy some.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did it work for you? Did you see any results??

It was before I was as hair concious as I am now. So I really wasn't paying attention to progress. It was maybe between 2000 & 2001.

I will try it again, and see what happens.

I stopped taking Silica a while back...it was making my heart beat funny...it kept skipping a beat. It was weird. I tried it 2x and both times it happened. Weird! Lets all be careful the things we ingest /images/graemlins/smile.gif I know most are careful just wanted to say it again...lol

[ QUOTE ]
I stopped taking Silica a while back...it was making my heart beat funny...it kept skipping a beat. It was weird. I tried it 2x and both times it happened. Weird! Lets all be careful the things we ingest /images/graemlins/smile.gif I know most are careful just wanted to say it again...lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Ekkk... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I hope that doesn't happen to me

I read the old threads on silica and actually you don't get much silica in the horsetail supplements...I think the silica is more beneficial {for hair} than horsetail...at least from my research.

I'm just starting to use this stuff.
Did anyone get good results? If so, how long did it take for you to notice?

I used it a while back, consistently, and yep it gave some pretty good result for my hair and nails, the only draw is that it is expense and the bottle only lasted me two weeks, I found it on the clearance table at Vitamin Shoppe, even if it was less expensive I wouldn't buy it because it's easier for me to pop pills in the morning than to mix that stuff with some juice.

It is expensive. The small bottle is $13 and the large bottle is $26. I want to see if it's worth the price.

How do you take the gel....I use Silica by Altera from Wholefoods and it's $20 for 120 tablets and it does pretty well....I would be interested in trying this.....Is it like eating knox gelatin that my mother and her friends swore by back in the day?

I purchased this today. I didn't intend to, but it was calling me :lachen: I actually went to purchase aloe vera gel (well, I bought that too) Anywho, Dana how has the silica gel been working for you? Are you still taking it?

Back