Silica - A new supplement for hair growth and great skin

I just started taking horsetail silica but last year for about 7 or 8 months I took DE and let me tell you, I love what this stuff did to my nails. Before taking DE both of my big toenails were constantly splitting down the middle because of kicking them against hard surfaces for years - I thought they were irreversibly damaged. Now there is no indication of a problem of splits with either of my toenails. I love it.

I was thinking about taking it again this year for pain in my wrists from doing too many pushups. I think I may have traumatized them and I know the DE will heal them from the inside out.

I don't pay much attention to my hair anymore but I believe it's growing faster also. I have not done a length check in almost a year:look: and I really don't care to just yet. I will try to do one at the end of the year before and after a much needed hair cut.

Hello there!

I will chime in. I've been taking Diamtomaceous Earth which is a supplement tha contains silica for a while now. I don't remember when I started, sometime last year (2010). I've been taking it on and off since then. I started taking it for hair, but have found that it is wonderful for many other things. I've been recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and facet syndrome of the lumbar region. I've been taking DE for that and it has worked wonders! I feel no pain when I take this stuff! I've noticed the pain creep back up on my when I don't take it regularly.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

oh wow I'd love to get some relief from RA pain with something natural CORBINS are you still taking hte Diamtomaceous Earth?

I will be ordering Now Silica as soon as my Nature's Way Horsetail silica runs out because I've been hearing wonderful things about it. I need to keep this in my system for my wrist bones until they are completely healed and then sometime longer for the health of my hair, skin and nails.

So I had to re-up on some vitamins for SO and I and they have a buy one get one half off...so I threw in lecithin for me and thought of this thread and added the silica.

Then read another thread and vevster said she had great results with this one:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=AT-1005

Then looked at the one I bought and the active ingredients and milligrams are the same, it's just the vitamin shoppe brand.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1217

Well I hope it's the same...else I'll be exchanging them.

oh wow I'd love to get some relief from RA pain with something natural CORBINS are you still taking hte Diamtomaceous Earth?

I am still using DE! I try to take it daily, but I miss days here and there. I definately notice a difference when I don't take it.

I think I mentioned it before, but DE helped me lower my cholesterol! I don't have my levels from 2008 when I was first screened for cholestrol; but my current levels are:

From January 2011 (Been taking DE since early 2010)
Total: 159
Triglycerides = 29
LDL = 56
HDL = 79

The nurse who gave me the results was impressed, she asked me what I've been doing. I know for sure that my levels were higher in 2008, but I just don't know what the numbers were.

I just found out that the Thai food place that I like makes Dunken Noodles that contains bamboo shoots! There is a ton of them in there and so delicious.:lick:

I wonder if I could buy them at the store and add it to other dishes?

Back