Signs that a man is GAY

His mannerisms
They aren't OD
But they're subtle
And well Ive met his family and the men in the family are all similar in that way
He knows I think these things we've talked about it, and now his friends even admit they've thought it when they first met him because of the way he walks

But I don't know if thats enough for me to call if off, like I said in the other thread, through his ACTIONS, he has treated me better than any other man I've ever been with

Can you give me an example of his mannerisms??? Just Be careful...

His mannerisms
They aren't OD
But they're subtle
And well Ive met his family and the men in the family are all similar in that way
He knows I think these things we've talked about it, and now his friends even admit they've thought it when they first met him because of the way he walks

But I don't know if thats enough for me to call if off, like I said in the other thread, through his ACTIONS, he has treated me better than any other man I've ever been with

some gay men really know how to treat a woman

I don't have any signs for you but if you're wondering about it I hope you make sure you're protecting yourself (if yall are intimate). :yep:

umm his left wrist is a little loose
and he walks erect, not that a man should slouch but....
and he extends his legs all the way
also he's kind of clingy to me when it comes to affection
he's just all over me sometimes

Can you give me an example of his mannerisms??? Just Be careful...

umm his left wrist is a little loose
and he walks erect, not that a man should slouch but....
and he extends his legs all the way
also he's kind of clingy to me when it comes to affection
he's just all over me sometimes

did you ask him if he was gay? it sounds like he might be gay and may not be ready to come out. at any rate, his friends know him the best and if they originally thought he was gay then he probably is, but its not their place to out him, he has to do that himself

umm we've talked about it plenty of times
and the type of relationship we have we're very open and i haven't made him feel uncomfortable in any way... ive even told him things about my own sexuality
i'll give him more time, and i would still be his friend if he did come out to me
i go back and forth with thinking he is gay, it doesn't bother me though, if anything he is bisexual... but i did want to know some of the signs you ladies have found to be consistent with homosexuality in men

did you ask him if he was gay? it sounds like he might be gay and may not be ready to come out. at any rate, his friends know him the best and if they originally thought he was gay then he probably is, but its not their place to out him, he has to do that himself

i go back and forth with thinking he is gay, it doesn't bother me though, if anything he is bisexual...
If it doesn't bother you then why did you say you were considering hiring a PI?

maybe i'll just get a PI now and save myself the drama
Can you answer this: Why are you still with this guy? (that is an actual question, not a rhetorical one)

Last edited:
and the type of relationship we have we're very open and i haven't made him feel uncomfortable in any way... ive even told him things about my own sexuality
i'll give him more time, and i would still be his friend if he did come out to me
i go back and forth with thinking he is gay, it doesn't bother me though, if anything he is bisexual... but i did want to know some of the signs you ladies have found to be consistent with homosexuality in men

girl its not about how you made him feel because the pressures of society and society's opinions about homosexuality could be/are what is keeping him in the closet. his discomfort probably has nothing to do with you. women try to set up their relationships as open and they think that their relationship is simple enough to allow men to be completely honest but men still lie. if he can't be honest with himself, he can't be honest with you. perhaps you would still be his friend if you found out that he was gay but maybe he isn't afraid of losing your friendship. he could be afraid of you and other people knowing the truth about him or him having to face the truth about himself.

you say that you would give him more time, but time isn't going to change him or what you already know in your heart. if anything, time allows you to make up more excuses for him that become more convincing and make it harder for you to see him for who he truly is. go with your gut instinct now, if you think he's gay don't allow other people's opinions or experiences to make you think he's not

I would think that's a clue right there. If I were to ask my SO if he was gay he would freak out and be very upset. Most straight men do not take to well to that question!

He hates gay people and might mask it with extreme religiosity
Depression b/c he cannot be himself
Dramatic displays of emotion (not crying but anger and generally acting like a *****)
Prefers the company of women
Doesn't date much if ever

I pulled this from characteristics of a friend who I am sure is gay and one who recently came out.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:to the bolded!

lol i was just joking around
it was sarcasm
i would never even spend the money

anyway i am with him because he has been very good to me and makes me smile

If it doesn't bother you then why did you say you were considering hiring a PI?

Can you answer this: Why are you still with this guy? (that is an actual question, not a rhetorical one)

Thank you wonderful ladies for your knowledge
I will be keeping these things in mind
Although there is no set guideline to a gay man, I do believe there are SIGNS
Now my boyfriend is the way he is, I haven't figured out why
The men in his family are all similar
He is Haitan and I thought to blame it on that (sorry don't mean to offend)
But anyway its scary to know that any man can turn out to be gay, the most manliest thuggest men in the world

So right now I'm going to see if this warrants me to end our relationship
In the past I did believe so
But he's just so good to me, I feel that outweighs everything else

Thank you all again :yawn:

MY SO is very clean and neat. but he does not shave or do any of the metro-stuff and i am thank-ful.. I actually prefer all the hair and the naps........he's a man and I like all that. All that pin-up, male-stripper type grooming is not for me.

I am disgusted by male stripper.........so gay

Say it giiiiiiiirl!!!!!!!...I DESPISE that whole METRO-SEXUAL CRAP!!.:wallbash:.the stripper stuff is becoming on HUGE turn-off for me..i love an out-back, hands on, wully bully type of man.

I just wish that all HOMO and HETRO-SEXUAL people out there would just be true to themselves and their partners out there.:yep:

shaves his jewels. or always scratching them, since of new growth.

has a male room mate that cant stand you for no reason.

arch his eyebrows

puts baby powder on his neck/ upper chest

loves your female friends as if they were his own

turtle necks

please dont get offended if your man does any of these.

I don't know why but these made me :lachen: :rofl:

What's wrong with TURTLENECKS?!?!?! :lachen: I think men in turtlenecks look sessy! I don't mind shaven...ahem....balls. :lachen: (sorry guys) :lachen:

dont know if any of these have been mentioned...

but we all know how men eat..so he eats more like sit up take one bite at a time...pinky finger extended out...but then again he may have went to etiquiete school...

he asks you if you think other males are gay(i had a coworker like this...most straight men dont really care if another man is gay...all they care about is that he better not try me with that ish)

every woman that throws himself at him he turns them down...but he can be flirty at times but still wont call after giving him the number(the same coworker)

he used to be a stripper(at least 90% of men that are strippers are gay or bi)

he actually admitts that he has attended Gay events(same coworker ^^^^ admitted to attending Gay Pride Weekend in ATL--aint no straight man going to even step foot down to any Gay events...)

dont know if any of these have been mentioned...

but we all know how men eat..so he eats more like sit up take one bite at a time...pinky finger extended out...but then again he may have went to etiquiete school...

he asks you if you think other males are gay(i had a coworker like this...most straight men dont really care if another man is gay...all they care about is that he better not try me with that ish)

every woman that throws himself at him he turns them down...but he can be flirty at times but still wont call after giving him the number(the same coworker)

he used to be a stripper(at least 90% of men that are strippers are gay or bi)

he actually admitts that he has attended Gay events(same coworker ^^^^ admitted to attending Gay Pride Weekend in ATL--aint no straight man going to even step foot down to any Gay events...)

Really...........???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono:

Really...........???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono:

yep maybe im off by the figures...but yea...some dont care who they dance for as long as they make the money...and then it probably goes on from there...

'well okay if they(men) willing to pay me to dance and maybe even more than women at times...then whats wrong with them paying the little extra for more and something else'

Back