Signs that a man is GAY

I had a friend who was very good looking. Women threw themselves at him all the time. I'm talking crazy type - they'd sneak into his bed at night butt-naked, grope him in public, make him grope them etc. All the women complained that he didn't indulge. Naive me said he was just pious and chaste - FH was :lachen:"child, he is gay!" Sure enough, a year later he came out of the closet.

I've seen masculine men that were gay as a fruit fly.

These days you can't tell who's gay, unless they tell you.

YES!!!!!! It's scary because you don't know who is who. There is no such thing as the "stereotypical gay man" anymore; they come in all forms.

I've seen masculine men that were gay as a fruit fly.

These days you can't tell who's gay, unless they tell you.

exactly. i understand the responses were clearly a joke but there is a lot of bs stereotypes floating around (in society in general).

i've said it before and i'll say it again: homogenised masculinity is stifling and damaging to many men. there are men who are labelled homosexual because they have stereotypically "gay" behaviour (i.e - are interested in male grooming etc) yet are straight as a bat. and then there are men who appear "straight" yet are actually gay.

imo, if society's construction of manulinity were not so rigid then they'd be less men on the down low and as thus possibily less increase of aids and other stds. now i'm not saying all gay men are infected or at higher risk but it's the deception that puts people at increased risk (i.e - having unprotected sex with someone who is infected then coming home to your wife/gf and infecting her. if she doesn't know and they split up or if she cheats, yet another person is infected). this can also apply to straight people but i think a lot of dl men may cheat out of being trying to repress their sexuality or are ashamed whilst i don't think this is the no1 reason hetros cheat.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@this entire conversation... lawdy, ya'll thanks for the early Monday morn giggles... I should be sleeping...:lachen:

IA with Sonce, on hiring a PI.... I'd do so in a heartbeat... times are crazy and mens are crazier...... :lachen:

Uncle Peaches...:lachen:

okay so 4 things have been on target
maybe i'll just get a PI now and save myself the drama

thanks ladies
ya'll crazy tho

I don't think so. I actually prefer my men shaven because I refuse to go down with pubes in my face. Yuck. So, unless I'm turning my men gay, I don't see how it can be dispositive. Maybe it was back in the 60s but nowadays, men groom themselves. At least they do here in NYC, and I'm not having it any other way. Y'all can go catching pubes between your teeth, if you want. :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I actually love a well-groomed man, I don't see what is wrong with a guy who takes care of himself but you do wonder about these down-low men that are out here, I don't want any of that mess :nono:

MY SO is very clean and neat. but he does not shave or do any of the metro-stuff and i am thank-ful.. I actually prefer all the hair and the naps........he's a man and I like all that. All that pin-up, male-stripper type grooming is not for me.

I am disgusted by male stripper.........so gay

thanks ladies
ya'll crazy tho

So you suspect that "I can't wait to tell you I love you" dude is gay?? :nono:

This is why we told you to fall back, take some time and work on yourself, because you seem to consistantly make bad choices in men, sweetie.

thanks ladies
ya'll crazy tho
Quite frankly, if you really want to save drama, you'll just get rid of him and move on. You suspected him enough to create this thread and things said in the thread have resonated with you. What more do you need? For him to bring a man home to you and introduce him as his husband? Even if you are wrong about him, I say you choose your peace of mind if this man is disturbing your intuition. You do not trust him. What sort of life can you build on lack of trust?

As for PIs, I absolutely believe they are a MUST. $1000 - $10,000 (depending on where you live and how extensive the investigation is to be) for some peace of mind. I consider that a friggin' steal. However, my thing is that I don't understand why women who suspect their SOs bother getting PIs. By the time you are disturbed enough to pay thousands, you already have your answer. Even if you are wrong, you do not trust him and that should be enough basis for you to end that relationship.

With my ex-fiance, I totally trusted him and nothing in reality or in my heart made me suspect him of anything. I was going to get the PI solely because I know that I am neither infallible nor omniscient, so something can be going on without me having any inkling. Marriage is too great a commitment for me to not pull out all the stops and thoroughly investigate. If I had suspected him of something, I would have just gotten rid of him. As it is, I got rid of him anyway because I didn't love him enough.

So this uh, shaving the jewels thing :look: is this a dispositive :look::perplexed Just curious :blush:

I knew a guy who does this but he weight trains and enters competitions. I know most guys who are involved in some type of sport does this. he;s far from gay though....

Very true. I think we're all just having fun, hahaha. The ultimate way to tell if a guy is gay is to set a Private Investigator on his nasty ***. I plan to do that to my future husband before I let him trap me into marriage, and nearly did it to my ex-fiance (before I decided I wanted to be free again and saved the $$$ by dumping him). I think PIs are a must in this day and age.

I also agree that it's a good idea to get a PI before you commit to marriage. Marriage is a big step, and it's only fair to know what you're getting into (or choose not to get into). I plan on doing that before I get married just so I know what's up beforehand.

MY SO is very clean and neat. but he does not shave or do any of the metro-stuff and i am thank-ful.. I actually prefer all the hair and the naps........he's a man and I like all that. All that pin-up, male-stripper type grooming is not for me.

I am disgusted by male stripper.........so gay

ITA with all you said. My SO is ANAL (ok, wrong choice of words) about getting haircuts and shaving, he says he fells homeless when his cut is not fresh and his face is shadowed w/ hair. I feel him on that but I think it's sexy, a bit rugged or more manly. He does go ungroomed down there and I don't mind in the least. I don't like seeing men bald down there, makes me feel like I'm phuking a 10 year old boy.

ITA with all you said. My SO is ANAL (ok, wrong choice of words) about getting haircuts and shaving, he says he fells homeless when his cut is not fresh and his face is shadowed w/ hair. I feel him on that but I think it's sexy, a bit rugged or more manly. He does go ungroomed down there and I don't mind in the least. I don't like seeing men bald down there, makes me feel like I'm phuking a 10 year old boy.

Yea, I actually prefer for the jewels to be uninhibited :look: I don't know how I feel about this :ohwell:

If I even think a man is gay, I'm gone. Because it's always gonna be there, that he might be.

PREACH sista-friend! My friend dated a guy she thought maybe gay and months into it surprise surprise it was revealed that he was gay!

Ladies - any guy (and I mean any guy) that tells you he goes to gay bars and clubs so his gay bff won't be alone trust and believe he is GAY!!!!

PREACH sista-friend! My friend dated a guy she thought maybe gay and months into it surprise surprise it was revealed that he was gay!

Ladies - any guy (and I mean any guy) that tells you he goes to gay bars and clubs so his gay bff won't be alone trust and believe he is GAY!!!![/quote]

Some women will fall for anything... :nono:

His mannerisms
They aren't OD
But they're subtle
And well Ive met his family and the men in the family are all similar in that way
He knows I think these things we've talked about it, and now his friends even admit they've thought it when they first met him because of the way he walks

But I don't know if thats enough for me to call if off, like I said in the other thread, through his ACTIONS, he has treated me better than any other man I've ever been with

What are the things that are leading you to think/wonder that he is gay???

Back