SHRINKAGE V.S. ACTUAL LENGTH

PanamasOwn

I WAS CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT NATURALS HAIR LOOK LIKE NATURAL V.S. "ACTUAL LENGTH"

Pretty much anyone is natural and deals with shrinkage of any kind. I would love to see a comparison shot of what your hair looks like natural and then strecthed. You dont have to flat iron (I know some stay away from heat like the plague) just strecth it out so we can see.

I don't have any recent pics, but my hair is shoulder length when natural and at my natural waist when flat-ironed. It amazes people all the time.

There are pics in my siggy that show my natural and my hair blowed out and it shows my length.

My natural hair is now touching my shoulders.

I am a little past shoulder (in the back anyway) when straightened. In it's natural state my hair is just really short, i don't know what the length is. See below for pics...

001.jpg

003-3.jpg

004.jpg

Bythesea023.jpg

003-1.jpg

I'm still transitioning...

:look:

but I wanna answer anyway :lol:
my hair airdried out with little manipulation is around sl. I'm guessing if I nixed the relaxed ends left my hair would sit at sl (with low manipulation).
when I stretch it out the longest parts in the back reach a few inches past my natural waist - I'm guessing the all-natural part stretches to bsl/midback

May 30th, 2007 - straighten by Chi Iron
dsc03699sk4.jpg
dsc03703ci1.jpg

June 3, 2007 - Shrinkage after washing straightened hair
dsc03727iw9.jpg
dsc03726at3.jpg

see isnt that shrinkage a MESS?!?! You guys have some great hair...I cant wait for my hair to grow up and be like you guys:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

These are both from last year but I still have the same amount of shrinkage...I don't think that will ever change.

Attachments

• shr-vi.jpg
    shr-vi.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 042306_1853-vi.jpg
    042306_1853-vi.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15
I WAS CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT NATURALS HAIR LOOK LIKE NATURAL V.S. "ACTUAL LENGTH"

Pretty much anyone is natural and deals with shrinkage of any kind. I would love to see a comparison shot of what your hair looks like natural and then strecthed. You dont have to flat iron (I know some stay away from heat like the plague) just strecth it out so we can see.

I have a natural hair pic in my profile of summer 2005 and I have a pic of my flatironed hair on march 2007 in my avatar

Last edited:
Velvet - your hair is soooo gorgeous.

I think i have the same texture as you - My hair wants to be just like your's when it grows up :grin:.

What is your regime woman?!!

PoohBear - you're so pretty...and don't loc that hair, i love the fro and it looks so good straightened (sorry i shouldn't have said that)

To the OP: you can see the shrinkage in my avatar and it scorched to death in my siggy pic.

Last edited:
Velvet - your hair is soooo gorgeous.

I think i have the same texture as you - My hair wants to be just like your's when it grows up :grin:.

What is your regime woman?!!

PoohBear - you're so pretty...and don't loc that hair, i love the fro and it looks so good straightened (sorry i shouldn't have said that)

To the OP: you can see the shrinkage in my avatar and it scorched to death in my siggy pic.

I was thinking the same thing about Poohbear, but I was afraid to say it.:yep:

100_0247.jpg

Had the hardest time trying to get these photos up here. Darn photobucket.:perplexed

Last edited:
Here are shots of a back afro puff I wore about two weeks ago.

AfroPuffShots006.jpg

AfroPuffShots001.jpg

AfroPuffShots002.jpg

If you take a look at my avatar and siggy those pictures were taken sometime around May-June time frame. Right now, I have no idea how long my hair is accept to say it is at least BSL.

What do ya think.... 99.5% shrinkage?! Aaahhh that which does not kill me makes me stronger! :lachen::drunk:

Here are shots of a back afro puff I wore about two weeks ago.

AfroPuffShots006.jpg

AfroPuffShots001.jpg

AfroPuffShots002.jpg

If you take a look at my avatar and siggy those pictures were taken sometime around May-June time frame. Right now, I have no idea how long my hair is accept to say it is at least BSL.

What do ya think.... 99.5% shrinkage?! Aaahhh that which does not kill me makes me stronger! :lachen::drunk:

Wow. That's the most i've ever seen.

Wow. That's the most i've ever seen.

Girl, it is a character building situation let me tell ya!:yep:

I am the one people look at and say there is nooooo way that girl has long hair it ain't possible she is so not telling the truth. But it is what it is and I have learn to live with it. I can go from really short to really long in the blow of a hair dryer. :lachen: For this reason I know for sure God has a sense of humor!:yep:

Hope this isn't too off topic... Whenever I think of shrinkage nowadays, I wonder about all those pictures of slaves I've seen. In the pictures 99.9% of the women had "short" hair. After seeing shrinkage at it's finest on this site, I now ask myself, "how many of those slaves actually had armpit or longer hair?"

everyday shrunken fro:
freefro.jpg

picked out fro:
baa2-vi.jpg

twists:
boxbraids.jpg

my hair is in layers, the longest being APL. i'll be getting it pressed and trimmed in a week or so, so i'll have a new straight hair pic to post soon. :grin:

Back