Shrinkage with relaxed hair

I always figured it was volume from new growth, kind of "lifting" your hair and making it appear shorter.

Yes, a month after a perm I tend to see shrinkage. I always did. And since my hair often hovered between apl and bsl as a youth, classmates, even cacuasian ones, if it had been 8 or 9 weeks since perm would say "did you cut your hair", and I'd be like no...

i KNEW what shrinkage was, since my mom knew hair care so well, but it was weird and tiring to explain LOL..so i never explained it to anyone but my black girlfriends...

BUT YES i HAVE NOTICED THIS, STRUGGLED WITH IT, AND i THINK IT'S SOMETHING THAT ALL YOUR RELAXED HEAD SISTERS ARE GOING TO RELATE TO.

it goes back long again as soon as you get that touchup LOL.

i have learned to accept it. for me it is almost immediately, since i am textured and not bone straight. sometimes i forget, and start to think i am regressing, and then i remember, :think: "oh wait, its SHRINKAGE!"

Yep this is me especially closer to relaxed time. I start second guessing my progress. Until I relax then I'm like :blush: WOW~ :grin:

I was just freaking out yesterday when looking at my video blog I made and noticing my hair looked SHOULDER LENGTH. I have SO much newgrowth, it's not even funny.

Then I remembered "Hey. My hair grows up and out...it's just dragging the straight hair upward with it." :)

When I relax, I'm looking for a nice surprise!
~*Janelel~*

Back