Shower Washers, How do you...??????

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
My shower drain is super clogged. I know it's from the conditioner build up over time. You all must be having this problem too. Any suggestions for unclogging?

Pardon me for being an idiot, but I did not know conditioners can clog a drain. I thought maybe the hair that sheds eventually builds up in the drain causing it to clog. Anyway, I think regular ole' Drano can remedy that problem. Well, I guess I learned something today.

Occasionally I gt clogging from shedding hair over time (every six months or so) and I do what legs suggests and use some crystal drano in my bathroom clean up routine a few Saturdays a year. That seems to keep it at bay.

I use one of those hair stoppers that looks like a little white hat (can purchase from Lowes or Home Depot). It catches the hair, and I don't have any problems with clogging.

I notice more of a drain problem also(I figure it between the hair, oils and conditoners). I never had that problem till last year. So once every 2 months I do like Tracy and use a drain cleaner(as a prevention). I poor extra strength Liquid Plumber down the drain early on a Saturday morning... then in the evening I boil a kettle of water on the stove and poor that down the drain. I haven't had a problem since.

Thanks Y'all!!!!!! Legs, I'm sure there's some hair in there too, but I can get most of it before it goes down the drain.

I was afraid to use the Drano or Liquid Plumber because my mom used it in her face bowl once and it ate through the pipes!!! But that was when I was little. I am sure they have perfected the formula since then and y'all are using it with success.

I'm going to do all of those things you guys suggested. Thanks again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Supergirl,

Try the Drano. You shouldn't have any problems. I'm sure it's probably hair that has accumalated over time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sweetcocoa said:
I notice more of a drain problem also(I figure it between the hair, oils and conditoners). I never had that problem till last year. So once every 2 months I do like Tracy and use a drain cleaner(as a prevention). I poor extra strength Liquid Plumber down the drain early on a Saturday morning... then in the evening I boil a kettle of water on the stove and poor that down the drain. I haven't had a problem since.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem and use the solution above /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

this has been happening since i started the daily condition washes. what i do is pour vinegar and baking soda down the drain. i am going to purchase 1 of those hair stoppers too.

Supergirl,
I never have a problem with my drain clogging. I don't use any type of hair catcher at all. Pure luck I guess.

allandra, i have one of those too. it's a little different from the one you described though.

anyway, i'm always shocked at the amount of hair it catches, especially since i "save" all the hair i lose in the shower. lol!

adrienne

Adrienne,

What type do you have? I'm also surprised at how good of a job it does at catching the hair. Mine has these like little grippers on it which I assume is what catches the hair.

Back