Shoulder Length in 2010 Challenge!!!

Doing great! Took my weave out, but left the braids in. Keeping it moisturized and protected. Doing pretty darn good so far. Gonna order a few new wigs this week to change things up a bit.

why not rock a phony pony over your baby pony when you leave the house?

I've tried something like this before. Its too much trouble. My hair fits in a pony when straight, but once I sweat and reversion hits its a different story. I just slap on a halfwig in the mornings. I love half wigs. Got two on order now and also about to get some of the supposedly good quality kinky curly hair to make my own.

I just recently went to an African braider and got cornrows. They are very tiny and I hope to wear them for the next two months. Ive been considering getting the hairfinity vitamins.

Oooooh I took my braids down last night and I'm so anxious to claim SL!!!! I know once I flat iron, I will for sure be there. 5 months of NG sure does puff your hair up :lol:

Imani
Your ends look really good

Thanks! I lost about 3 inches to a setback three weeks ago. I just about cried that day, but now my ends are thicker and blunter than they have ever been. I never knew my hair could feel that thick at the ends. I am desperately trying to up my retention game so they stay that way.

Last edited:
^^^ Thanks!!! @davisbr88
I was tempted to text JJ a pic of it after I was done combing it down but I fought the urge and just stared at the pic in my phone the rest of the night instead lol

I took a new pic of my hair yesterday and I am disappointed. I think I am finally shoulder length, but the ends don't look good. And I don't fell like it has grown much. You can see the pics in my current siggy.

I'm new at the whole hair length check but it has grown. It has definitely grown since April. And you still have Oct/Nov/Dec. Even with a dusting/trim I think you will be full SL and on your way to APL.

I'm new at the whole hair length check but it has grown. It has definitely grown since April. And you still have Oct/Nov/Dec. Even with a dusting/trim I think you will be full SL and on your way to APL.

Thank you for the encouragement FaithVA. Im gonna keep trying. :yep:

I can honestly say (unless the Lord has other plans) that I should be shoulder length by 12/31. The back and some of the sides are already reaching the collarbone and the rest is neck length. I think the way I did the BC, I layered the hair so I'll probably have to get a trim when I straighten it.

So ladies, this is my latest length check... do you think I will make SL by the end of the challenge??

Attachments

• IMG00127-20100918-0007.jpg
    IMG00127-20100918-0007.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG00128-20100918-0007.jpg
    IMG00128-20100918-0007.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18
I haven't posted in forever. I have been stretching for 6 months. I just took out my sengalese twist that I had in for almost 3 months and I'm so excited to see that the back is to my shoulders unstretched but the sides are progressing slower. It's okay I can see a difference in the health of my hair and I'm happy. Hopefullly I will make it to SL by Dec.

So ladies, this is my latest length check... do you think I will make SL by the end of the challenge??

i think you definitely will!! your hair is looking great.

i'm still chillin in my weave-i''ve been wearing it in spiral rollersets for the past two weeks. very cute and low maintenance-i just throw it all up under my bonnet at night.

hey, guys.
just wanted to share a pic. it's not a true length check, but hey, i know we like pics. :)
this isn't recent, this is from August 17, 2010.
i blowdried and then lightly flatironed my hair to trim off knots, and then i used my curling iron. lots of heat, lol-but i know my hair can take it.
summerhair2010033-vi.jpg

the back
summerhair2010034-vi.jpg

what do you guys think?? will i make SL by december?? i sure hope so.

ETA: you must try ORS Edge Control! look at my edges!! even after being hot and sweaty.:spinning:

Last edited:
Rocky I think your SL by now based on the pic from August.
I'm checking in ladies. Im still in braids under my wig. I am considering getting a weave but I like the freedom of being able to get to my hair freely so I can apply growth aids with out making the weave oily looking. I love to moisture & seal nightly but I know with a weave the hair will get oily looking fast. Decisions,decisions!
:)
Hhg ladies

ETA: I need to trim my ends just a little. How do you trim natural hair?

Last edited:
hey, guys.
just wanted to share a pic. it's not a true length check, but hey, i know we like pics. :)
this isn't recent, this is from August 17, 2010.
i blowdried and then lightly flatironed my hair to trim off knots, and then i used my curling iron. lots of heat, lol-but i know my hair can take it.
summerhair2010033-vi.jpg

the back
summerhair2010034-vi.jpg

what do you guys think?? will i make SL by december?? i sure hope so.

ETA: you must try ORS Edge Control! look at my edges!! even after being hot and sweaty.:spinning:

ummm...DUH! you're SL now! if your hair is that long and luscious being curled, imaging how much longer it'll be after flat ironing it just straight with no curl!!! :congrats: looks amazing!

Thanks guys!!
I just wasn't sure, you know??
I think i'll still wait for a final length check on straight hair, and then officially drop out of this challenge and join the APL one.

Back