Shoulder length and under ladies... do you wear buns?

Neith

I just realized today that I can make a bun.

A little puny bun, but I can get it all in there nevertheless :lol:

I would like to be able to wear one as a protective style a few times a week, but I think my little bunnette is just to puny and small looking. I'm embarrassed to wear it outside.

Am I being hair anorexic? Would you wear your hair like this outside?

Any tips or pictures about how I should go about it? Any ideas on how to dress it up and make it look presentable?

frontyz2.jpg

Front view

topsw0.jpg

Top View

punysz3.jpg

So little :( At least it's growing...

backzj3.jpg

Back View

Sorry about the picture quality... I had to take these with my laptop.

my hair is barely shoulder length after a major trim, but i wear my hair in buns & they are always hella small. But i try to jazz it up with a little side bang thing. & I like your bun, its cute :grin:

my hair is barely shoulder length after a major trim, but i wear my hair in buns & they are always hella small. But i try to jazz it up with a little side bang thing. & I like your bun, its cute :grin:

Thank you! I will try some bangs out :yep:

I dont wear buns. I have never wore a bun before. Honest truth, never had enough hair to do it, unfortunately.

I think maybe you should take a stocking and make a bigger bun.

I want to wear buns but don't think I have enough hair right now. You could wear a weave bun. They come in different styles (like a donut) and sizes. I am considering getting one maybe in 09.

I barely have enough hair to make a "pony" bun, but I'm going to start rocking it anyway- I will probably pick up some hair accessories this weekend to dress it up. I also purchased a phony bun to help get me through my upcoming relaxer stretch.

Also, there is a girl that I go to school with who wears small buns with her nape-length hair, but I swear they look SO cute, it's given me the courage to go for it.

and hey- remember that the ability to make a bun at all is great progress!!! this time two months ago, I couldn't even pull my hair into a pony tail at all!

When I was SL and even NL I still wore buns. They were phony buns because I was too self-conscious to wear my puny bunnette as you say :lachen: so I just got creative with the phony buns...doughnut buns mainly.

Oh and by the way, your bun looks good honey!

I dont wear buns. I have never wore a bun before. Honest truth, never had enough hair to do it, unfortunately.

I think maybe you should take a stocking and make a bigger bun.

A stocking? Never heard of that... I will look it up. Thanks!

I never had enough hair to wear one either, not even a puny one like this. It'll happen in time for you!

I want to wear buns but don't think I have enough hair right now. You could wear a weave bun. They come in different styles (like a donut) and sizes. I am considering getting one maybe in 09.

I'm afraid of phony buns :lol: I dunno... I never wore anything like it before. I'm afraid it's going to fall off or something. I'll take a look next time I'm in the BSS, but I'm really hesitating.

and hey- remember that the ability to make a bun at all is great progress!!! this time two months ago, I couldn't even pull my hair into a pony tail at all!

Yeah, you're right :yep: I definitely could not get all my hair into a ponytail a few months ago.

When I was SL and even NL I still wore buns. They were phony buns because I was too self-conscious to wear my puny bunnette as you say :lachen: so I just got creative with the phony buns...doughnut buns mainly.

Your fotki inspired me to get my phony bun on!!!! lol Thanks :drunk:

I realized that I have been at this hair-growing point before and I may not break through it to achieve my goals w/o a protective style this fall.

Umm I rarely wear a bun...but this is usually what it looks like if I do. Except in different locations. I add a little bit of synthetic hair...toyakalon. ( think thats what its called) Just to give a thicker appearance :yep:

my buns are small too....that's why i do buns with a phony pony. i just hate to walk out in public with my own...yuk!

Donuts are the little donut shaped things, right? They make little ones? The only ones I've seen are too big for me.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Umm I rarely wear a bun...but this is usually what it looks like if I do. Except in different locations. I add a little bit of synthetic hair...toyakalon. ( think thats what its called) Just to give a thicker appearance :yep:

Looks cute, I love the color and shine! How do you attach the hair?

my buns are small too....that's why i do buns with a phony pony. i just hate to walk out in public with my own...yuk!

lol... I think we may have been exposed to too many big, gorgeous buns here.

You're making some good progress :yep:

I braid the it into my hair, fold the braid over, wrap the ends around the base and secure with holders.

Oh and thanx... but the shine comes from that good ole' castor oil.. I had to slick that nappy mess up some kind of way. :lol:

I braid the it into my hair, fold the braid over, wrap the ends around the base and secure with holders.

Oh and thanx... but the shine comes from that good ole' castor oil.. I had to slick that nappy mess up some kind of way. :lol:

Interesting :scratchch

That hair is only like 4 or 5 dollars a pack too. Hmmm.... good idea

YES YES YES !!! I'm barely grazing SL and I've been wearing a bun since I was EL. LOL as long as I have enough hair a make a nub it's on! I use almost a pack of human track hair, I use hair glue to glue the track to itself about 10 or 12 inches wide, I keep folding & gluing the track to together to I end up with basically a track of hair that's 4 layers thick. then I squeeze the glued tracks tightly together while I gently pass a blow dryer back and fourth to dry. I slick my hair back in a mini bun of whatever hair I have, then pin on my weft. By me pregluing it together it saves me from wrapping over and over. I usually only have to wrap about 3 or 4 times. I use hair pins for this, then I twirl the hair into a bun & secure with 2 black terry scrunchies, I use black so they don't so as much. I use a little jam & a bobby pin here or there wherever I need to hold down the shorter hairs. I've been doing this for years with no problems. This is the same way I make a phony pony while I'm waiting to grow out. And the best part is I can take it off every night & use it over & over
HTH, FLOW

oh yeah I forgot to add I use 12 or 14 inch hair to get a nice fat bun:yep:

Last edited:
YES YES YES !!! I'm barely grazing SL and I've been wearing a bun since I was EL. LOL as long as I have enough hair a make a nub it's on! I use almost a pack of human track hair, I use hair glue to glue the track to itself about 10 or 12 inches wide, I keep folding & gluing the track to together to I end up with basically a track of hair that's 4 layers thick. then I squeeze the glued tracks tightly together while I gently pass a blow dryer back and fourth a to dry. I slick my hair back in a mini bun of whatever hair I have, then pin on my weft. By me pregluing it together it saves me from wrapping over and over. I usually only have to wrap about 3 or 4 times. I use hair pins for this, then I twirl the hair into a bun & secure with 2 black terry scrunchies, I use black so they don't so as much. I use a little jam & a bobby pin here or there wherever I need to hold down the shorter hairs. I've been doing this for years with no problems. This is the same way I make a phony pony while I'm waiting to grow out. And the best part is I can take it off every night & use it over & over
HTH, FLOW

oh yeah I forgot to add I use 12 or 14 inch hair to get a nice fat bun:yep:

Oooooh, very creative.

Do you have any pics of it?

Girl, I cant get a bun if I tried. However, I have been known to rock a phony bun though. I used to do a low swooped bang (just above my eye) and put my bun on the back or the side.. Throw me on some big earrings.. Giiirlllll... lol.. But atleast your bun looks neat!!

Girl, I cant get a bun if I tried. However, I have been known to rock a phony bun though. I used to do a low swooped bang (just above my eye) and put my bun on the back or the side.. Throw me on some big earrings.. Giiirlllll... lol.. But atleast your bun looks neat!!

I'm going to be doing a lot of experimenting. I'm gonna make this work!

Nope, cause I do this EVERYDAY so it's nothing special, But I'll take one tomorrow & post it. :grin:

:pics:You better get that pic to me stat!

(just kidding :))

how do y'all make y'alls' buns so round?

I pulled my hair back in a ponytail, kinda fanned the ponytail out around the ponytail holder, then put another ponytail holder over it.

I poked any hair that was sticking out underneath. Took me 5 mins. :yep:

I want to Bun a big pretty one.
But I do not know how to.
I think my hair might be long enough now.
What do you think

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 13
I'd rock it...that is if I knew how to put my hair in a bun. Sadly my idea of a bun is balling up my hair (which is rolling my ends under so they aren't exposed, basically) and putting an elastic around it to secure it :nono:. I have to practice making it look like a donut. Your bun looks perfectly fine to me :yep:.

I want to Bun a big pretty one.
But I do not know how to.
I think my hair might be long enough now.
What do you think

My hair is more or less the same length as yours, you can get it into a "bunnette" or ponytail, then attach a big bun if you want :yep:

I'd rock it...that is if I knew how to put my hair in a bun. Sadly my idea of a bun is balling up my hair (which is rolling my ends under so they aren't exposed, basically) and putting an elastic around it to secure it :nono:. I have to practice making it look like a donut. Your bun looks perfectly fine to me :yep:.

She's a member here with gawjus hair. Your hair is long enough to do it like that. :yep:

Come to think of it, that's how I did mine... just without the donut.

Back