Shoulder length and under ladies... do you wear buns?

Not really...that's like saying all weaves look fake. That's not really true. My phony bun piece looks natural. I'll have to post a pic next time I wear it. But, besides, people who see you everyday can tell that you have a hair piece whether it is a phony bun or a phony ponytail-bun, IMO. :rolleyes:

The people who see me everyday besides my daughter are my co workers & they think it's my own hair wrapped around. The ones I feel look fake are the PREMADE buns, Not all phony ponys. I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but I mean the ones that look like a black Cinnamon bun pinned on someones head:lachen:

If you don't want to wear a phony bun piece (which can fall off if it's not secured. Especially those ones with the combs in them), you can just make one out of braiding hair. I used to take a pack of braiding hair - well maybe half the pack and make one giant braid or twist out of it. Then I would take it and pin it around my hair to make a bun. It's much more secure than the phony bun. I also make buns out of tracks/weave hair like somebody else mentioned. There's some pictures in my fotki.

I'll check out your fotki :yep:

ok this is how it looks from the back

That looks great! I'm all thumbs, but I'm gonna try to make one :)

Hey all ... Neith you can still work a "puny" bun. When my hair was ear length I wore "scarf buns" Here's a little tutorial http://public.fotki.com/1babydimple/making_a_scarf_bun/ Truth be told, a scarf bun is still one of my favorite bad hair day yabba dabba doos.

Good idea! I was looking at bun covers. A nice cute scarf would look cute too.

The people who see me everyday besides my daughter are my co workers & they think it's my own hair wrapped around. The ones I feel look fake are the PREMADE buns, Not all phony ponys. I'm sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but I mean the ones that look like a black Cinnamon bun pinned on someones head:lachen:

:lachen:oh, i know exactly the ones you are talking about.

I got one of those donut forms to wrap my hair around, I think it works good and since its my real hair I dont have the blending or color matching problems that I would have since im a 4a/b natural head with a dusty brown color.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 5
im going to try that flowing locks thanks. i wounder if this would work with curly hair weave? is it synthetic?

Back