Should un-married Chrisitan women have sex outside marriage?

I can see why she would ask this question. I know lots of unmarried women who say that they are Christians and who have sex without being married. If you didn't know for sure what the Bible says then I could see how you'd be confused! :blush:

Sincere question:

I notice that as some posts offer an answer to the OP's question, that there's an add-on sentence/disclaimer(?)/caveat(?) that says something to the effect of "well, even though Christians know it's wrong to fornicate, they do it anyway".

What's the point of the additional statement? Does it negate what the Bible says about sex outside of marriage?

Sincere question:

I notice that as some posts offer an answer to the OP's question, that there's an add-on sentence/disclaimer(?)/caveat(?) that says something to the effect of "well, even though Christians know it's wrong to fornicate, they do it anyway".

What's the point of the additional statement? Does it negate what the Bible says about sex outside of marriage?

I mentioned it, because I really do think that if you don't read the Bible for yourself then you will have NO IDEA what Christianity should like. I think that people also add the disclaimer because they don't want to seem hypocritical if they struggled in that area. Of course it doesn't negate what the Bible says! I'm just relieved that no one tried to justify their premarital sex despite what the Bible says.

I mentioned it, because I really do think that if you don't read the Bible for yourself then you will have NO IDEA what Christianity should like. I think that people also add the disclaimer because they don't want to seem hypocritical if they struggled in that area. Of course it doesn't negate what the Bible says! I'm just relieved that no one tried to justify their premarital sex despite what the Bible says.

Hmm... ok.... I understand....

To the bolded why lie? It is what it is.

Back