Short Hair Venting

greAtness333

Aghh!
mad.gif
Okay, for those of you who have/had short hair can relate to this. I just want my longer hair back...NOW!
whip.gif
I swear you people think I'm crazy but I really did have shoulder length hair that grew at a fast pace.
nuts.gif
I just had trouble retaining the length.
violin.gif
If only I had the LHCF only one year ago.
I think I'm going to take a picture of old pics and post them in my album.
Flahssssss.gif

So I thought I was cool by cutting all my wonderful hair off in January and now I just want it to instantly grow back.
spank.gif
I liked the cut at first but the in-between stage is a drag!
crazy.gif
I think after this, the next time I want short hair I'll just get a weave. I feel so frustrated right now...I miss hair swinging on my neck or being able to just throw it in a ponytail. Right now I'm thinking "What have I done?!"
whyme.gif
I'm in micros right now and after a week I feel so tired and bored of them. I want to take them out so I can relax and see how much my hair grew but I figured keeping them braided will be good for my hair and help me retain length for the summer. Hmmm.... GROW HAIR GROW!
wallbash.gif
Okay, bear with me, I'm done venting.

I know what you mean, I can't wait til my hair grow back long like it used to be. If I wouldn't have had so many screwed up hairdressers and knew how to take care of my hair properly it would still be long like it used to be. I wish I would've known about this site years ago.

I feel you, lady!! I'm in that boat right now!!! I too had shoulder length relaxed hair. Now, I'm at the icky in between stage, so you are definitely not alone, there!
smile.gif

Enjoy the different styling options and benefits with having short hair like the wet n' go texturized look, less dryer time, jazzy tapered looks, etc. There are so many different styles to choose from. Love your hair now and it will get to where you want it to be in no time. Take lots of pics, that way you won't have a relapse when your hair grows longer again. You'll be saying, "been there, [loved it], done that". Experiment with different make-up looks and earrings. Don't continue with this I-can't-wait-until-this-phase-passes approach. WORK IT GIRL!!! (Another old saying . . . sorry).

You are beautiful now (love the flower in the hair look). When your hair gets longer and grows back healthier you will be all that and then some.

I understand what your going through...this is coming from somebody who went from about 16 inches of hair (the actual length of my strands) to about 1 inch of hair within a years time
ohwell.gif
But once I get to the ten inch mark, which will be less than a year, then I will be at shoulder length
smile.gif
Hopefully.

Oh I SO feel your pain. I just hacked off a good 3-4 inches of hair (4th cut since November, when I got overprocessed by a stylist and my hair started snapping off)
No more past shoulder-length hair. No more ponytail. No more hairsticks.
I'm just taking a deep breath and starting over. No more stylists for me.

I also know how you feel because i pretty much have the same length! I think mines might be a lil longer but not by much. I wish i found this site at least 2yrs ago.

Check out CaramelHonee's album...she had a short Halle Berry pixie cut and look how long her hair is now!
shocked.gif

I guess in a way, I can see what you mean and that's why I'm transitioning for so long. I don't want to feel that regret of cutting my hair too soon. I mean, I know I have to cut it eventually but I figure if I get gradual trims instead of a drastic cut, that will reduce my regretful feelings. I'm sure your hair will be back to a nice length in no time. Try concentrating on other things. Don't measure. Get a routine and stick to it. Pay good attention to your hair but not too much...know what I mean? Good luck and happy hair growing!
smile.gif

I think that we can all relate. I slowly chiseled my way below bra strap hair until it was finally pixie-short and then realized that short hair required more work.

When I finally decided to let it grow back out it never seemed that I'd have enough to put into a pony tail. I've finally got enough to do that, but I'm praying that achieving more length will not take an eternity.

Have faith, vent often. You're in good company
laugh.gif

Believe me I know how you feel. I cut over 20" of my hair off in 2002. I had a short halle cut. I loved it, but I hated growing it out! I used to cry to my husband "oh why did I cut my hair" "I can't wait for it to grow back".

It did grow back, but it took over a year until it got to just above my shoulders. I feel your pain!

Awww, thanks for the encouragement you guys! (sniff sniff) You made me smile and laugh.

Keisha gurl and Chellee- Thank you for the compliments on the flower. I will definately try and work it but I promised myself no heat for a year unless I go to the stylist. And we all know that short hair styles look a lil worn and torn after a while with no curling/flat iron.

Webby, CH and Skegeesmb- you are better women than me. Pixie cuts! My head is too big for that. LOL.

CH and Chellee- I think having braids makes it a lot easier to not think about "when will the phase pass." I'll try to concentrate on other things.

*This post is dedicated to all others who've cut their hair and watch patiently in the mirror.
sleep.gif

I understand how everyone feels. Last summer, for the first time in my life, I had hair that touched my brastrap. A few months later, I was so excited to see how long it was that I went to a new stylist to get a relaxer. Big mistake. That was last Thanksgiving. She proceeded to "trim" my hair to get rid of the "dead" ends. Well, the "ends" turned out to be over 6-7 inches long and I walked out with above shoulder length hair.
cry3.gif

I have no idea how much it's grown since then, but if I try to measure it, that will just depress me. I'm in braids too so I don't have to think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
I understand how everyone feels. Last summer, for the first time in my life, I had hair that touched my brastrap. A few months later, I was so excited to see how long it was that I went to a new stylist to get a relaxer. Big mistake. That was last Thanksgiving. She proceeded to "trim" my hair to get rid of the "dead" ends. Well, the "ends" turned out to be over 6-7 inches long and I walked out with above shoulder length hair.
cry3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, r u serious?!!
frown.gif

Back