Short Hair...Getting Over the Hump

Kayluv

I am currently sporting a curly short haircut but am tired of it and would like to grow my hair out but I do not know what to do with my hair when it gets to the point that it is too long for the curls and too short for a ponytail. What to do? I usually wind up cutting my hair off again because I get stuck. I have tried braids but the matting of my hair when I took them out drove me insane and I eventually am forced to cut my hair again. I probably am getting the braids to small...I don't know. Any advice on how to conquer this stage would be appreciated.

Kayluv said:
I am currently sporting a curly short haircut but am tired of it and would like to grow my hair out but I do not know what to do with my hair when it gets to the point that it is too long for the curls and too short for a ponytail. What to do? I usually wind up cutting my hair off again because I get stuck. I have tried braids but the matting of my hair when I took them out drove me insane and I eventually am forced to cut my hair again. I probably am getting the braids to small...I don't know. Any advice on how to conquer this stage would be appreciated.

Hi :wave:

I have a suggestion, you can try molding/wrapping your hair with a wrap/set foaming lotion and bump your ends with a flat iron and tie your hair up at night. I also think short hair looks nice with some color so you could put a hair rinse in your hair. I had a plum color in my hair not too long ago and it looked nice, so you can try that if it sounds like something you would want to do.;)

Last edited:
How long is your hair at the moment? You can bun it if it is long enough for a ponytail, or wear a weave when you are tired of the short do. A lot of people underestimate the power of a great weave or weavologist. It gives you the opportunity to see to what lengths you want your hair. You can always do senegalese twist; they aren't too thin to mat hair and are a little more subtle than kinky twist.

When I was at that stage I wore a lot of box braids(my own hair no extensions), since thy hang better than twists at that stage. I also pulled my hair back in afro puffs using a panythose leg and used various scarves in the front to lay down the edges and also to add some pizzaz. Pincurls and bantu knots are another option.

I dont know how decorative you are, but that was a time I was more aware wearing earrings and a necklace or two since I felt the styles were so bland and a mayhaps a tad akward.

hth

Back