Shik/Alma rinse while in braids???

Knedgers

I joined the AAA challenge but I am in braids. I was thinking of rinsing with a shik/alma tea while in braids and then putting on some dilluted conditioner with a little castoe oil added. Do you all think this would be ok? Has anyone does this rinse while in braids?

I joined the AAA challenge but I am in braids. I was thinking of rinsing with a shik/alma tea while in braids and then putting on some dilluted conditioner with a little castoe oil added. Do you all think this would be ok? Has anyone does this rinse while in braids?

I was thinking this exact same thing. I wonder if it will cause the braids to be frizzy though.

I was wondering the same too. But Robin, creator of the Crown & Glory method on www.groafrohairlong.com, says to avoid using oils when your hair is in braids because it will cause build-up and your hair be matted when you eventually take the braids out. :nono:

When I did C7G last year, I used this method of washing quite often. If you use the herbal rinse, you are actually less likely to have fuzzy braids. I did use oil - this was also my BT period as well - and I did not get any build up, but I rebraided my hair every couple of weeks.

I shampoo with amla/shikaki and amla/aritha and have been doing so for over 8 months. I have not noticed any more frizz than when I used regular shampoos. As well as doing the tea rinses, I also oil my scalp and hair regularly and do not have a problem with excessive buildup. I do an acv rinse or add baking soda to my amla mix every 4-6 weeks. Since I maintain my braids I rebraid as needed.

I am usually in braid/conrows and I have been doing the shik/amla rinse since about October or November and havent had any problems with matting or frizziness. I also use oil or the time, I wash my hair once or twice a week depending on the mood and no build up here:drunk:

thanks guys I oil my scalp with alma and did the shik/alma rinse. I've got soft new growth and a clean head:grin: alma/shik rinse for me from now on

Thanks for posting this question Knedgers.:clap: I have been wondering this and wanted to do braids soon and wanted to stick with the AAA Challenge also.:grin: Yeah!

I was wondering the same too. But Robin, creator of the Crown & Glory method on www.groafrohairlong.com, says to avoid using oils when your hair is in braids because it will cause build-up and your hair be matted when you eventually take the braids out. :nono:

When i was just in plaits i used red palm butter and olive butter. Which are just like oils. I had no problems taking out my plaits without extentions.

I'm going to try this tomorrow in my two strand twists - here's hoping they don't end up TOO fuzzy....

Back