Shedding and Depressed - All My Hard Work Down Drain

Hi Hairsnob,

Just spreading some love. I was on accutane for my my skin for 6 months up until Oct.(Did wonders on my skin :) BUT I lost SO much hair, I can only imagine how much more I would have lost of I was not taking care of it.
I ended up doing a 2inch blunt trim as my ends looked terrible, I already have v fine hair.
But between Oct & Now my hair has stopped the harst shedding and I can see the thickness of hair starting to returning. Once this phase is finished it wont take you long to get back where you started. Good Luck

Thanks for this info! I'm on Accutane as well and the shedding has been terrible. I'm going to try the black tea rinses tonight

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll,

How do you make this garlic oil?
I'm in a same boat as Hairsnob, and its driving me loopy!! I've tried to baggy, nettle tea rinse, etc. Nothing really helps.

Btw, this is Orenisha. Tamrin's sister.

Hey O~
I peeled an entire head of garlic (more or less) and added it to 16 oz of EVOO and WGO. I put it in a glass jar and let it simmer in a crockpot for 18 hours. I refrigerate the remainder of the oil, after I add a few ounces to a plastic container for daily use.

SOOOOOOOOO simple.

1st i'll address, the Aleve issue. I'm allergic to the NSAID, ugly...ugly... side effects, and i do mean UGLY skin irritations , hives, facial swelling, fever, heart palps, the works, so i do believe it can wreak havoc on scalp....

and after growing my hair 2.5yrs it began SEVERELY shedding around Thanksgiving 2010 and i had to chop it up to ear length. I cried for DAYS! :crying3: i tried to salvage as much as i could...

i stopped the shedding dead in its tracks w/the Aphogee 2 step treatment. :grin:

Now i'm doing sew ins again and losing more strands that i anticipated taking it down ....

I have to start combing the braids out thoroughly before washing because i come out of the water w/something short of Dreads and we spend hours combing them out w/conditioners and more hair is lost each time.

I feel your pain, my hair has been shedding since last summer, at one point it would grow, and then break again. I have so much stress in my life and i know that is one of the causes. I am so tired of all the hair loss that i have, i even have bald spots on the back of my head. I just joined the forum, and have read alot and researched some of this stuff out and think they will be beneficial.

I am planning on starting a sulfur regimen tomorrow: i will be doing the sulfur challenge, however, i have started taking biotin 2500mcg, prenatal vitamins (I am not pregnant, it has folic acid which is a plus, and other vitamins either don't have any folic acid or not enough folic acid) and the biotin has really helped. ( please be advised that the daily recommended amount of biotin is 3000mcg). along with my sulfur challenge i will be doing a black tea wash and DC'ing in between.

also exercising 2-3 days a week, and adding vegetables to my meals

I learned about the black tea wash by: KISSseventyseven
you should check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOx1mfQxyAk

hope this help, maybe we can be a support to each other.

take care

To the OP sorry this happened but I agree stop taking all the growth aides and def stop taking Aleve it will fry your kidneys shut them down for good cause it's worse than Tylenol both Tylenol and Aleve can shut down he kidneys w long term regular use.

Maybe try the garlic topically with your shampoo or pre poo oil that can help stop shedding another thin is to check your protein and moisture balance maybe you need a protein treatment I 2nd Aphogee 2 step to get back on track. HTH

Last edited:
Back