Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
My braids are getting longer. I did pull them before taking this photo. Also, I re-braided my hair with Shea butter today, too. I do not have any gel on my hair, either. I do have some edge control on the front braids, near the hairline, though. And, no comb or brush was used, either.

HairFeb20th, 2018.JPG

Feb20th.JPG

Last edited:
Join us!
We don't want you to be saying in December 2018:

latest

We want folks to be calling us out in December 2018:

giphy.gif

BE THERE!

The Unicorn Extravaganza in December 2018

Woo! 21 posts in this thread today. I've got to go. If anyone spots a unicorn, let me know. Signing off for the day!

@Chicoro your hair looks so moisturized and shiny!!! Beautiful!!! In this picture did you use the S-Curl activator prior to applying your Shea butter mix? How often do you rebraid? When reapplying the butter do you do it from root to tip? Sorry about your illness. Glad you feel better. :)

Look at me back here already when I said I was signing off....

Thank you!
  • First, I rinse my braid with warm to hot water. Then I use curl activator and Shea butter.
  • Yes, I used S-Curl activator prior to applying Shea butter.
  • I prefer to and try to re-braid daily if I can. But now it is turning out to be every 2 to 3 days.
  • Yes, I apply the butter from root to tip. I am heavy handed with the butter.
I feel better, thank you! It was either a cold or a mild case of the flu! I gotta go, for real now! :giggle:

My braids are getting longer. I did pull them before taking this photo. Also, I re-braided my hair with Shea butter today, too. I do not have any gel on my hair, either. I do have some edge control on the front braids, near the hairline, though. And, no comb or brush was used, either.

View attachment 425149

View attachment 425147

Beautiful and Lovely! :rose::rose:

Your hair is beautiful too!

Congratulations! Don't change nothing, girl. It looks like your hair is growing 1/2 to 1 inch per month with Shea butter and your hair routine. Amazing!
Thank you! I won’t! I’m still shocked at how fast my hair grows. All these years I thought I was a slow grower. I just wasn’t doing the right things to my hair. It was breaking faster than I could grow it. The right regimen is everything.

Back to the regular scheduled programming of this thread...

Now, to the Hair Unicorns that I admired and whose regimens I checked to discover whether or not they used shea butter. THEY ALL USED SHEA BUTTER!!!

Shea butter doesn't just help you gain length. It imparts an incredible thickness and vibrancy to hair as well.

Here are my top 5:

Herlucidsky (Fotki)
View attachment 420343

Zahara (Fotki)
View attachment 420345

Irresistible (LHCF, Fotki)
View attachment 420347

Efficiently Natural (YouTube)
View attachment 420349

View attachment 420351

Naturally_Nica (Youtube)

View attachment 420353

These women are all beyond tailbone length. Height does not matter because it's in your legs.
These women range in height from 5'2 to about 6'0 feet.

View attachment 425149

View attachment 425147

So beautiful...you and your hair!

Was running low on one of my jars of whipped Shea butter so I decided to add in a bottle of my favorite store bought conditioners.

View attachment 425175

View attachment 425177

So I washed, then deep conditioned for 2 hours with it. Detangled with it in and rinsed out the excess. Air drying now. My hair feels like silk.

That mix looks delicious! Did you deep condition with some heat for part of that time or did you rely on body heat altogether? I ask because I usually do thirty minutes with heat and the rest natural body heat. Also, part of that is just me being too lazy to rinse it out lolol

Also re your regimen, do you wash and deep condition every week or bi weekly?

Glad I could oblige you with a laugh, My Lady! Shea has her own kitchen you say?

tumblr_inline_oc412aZ6NB1qfb043_500.gif

Are you going to order 50 pounds or 100 pounds this summer? If so, maybe
@ElevatedEnergy can hook you up with her 'buyer' in Ghana!

Fifty + Fifty = hunred' pounds of buttery creamy crack! :happydance: :lachen: :headspin:

Buying bulk saved me money - anything less than 50 pounds he charged by the pound. I don't recall the pricing but it was enough to make me buy bulk. My supplier is local and he has a VERY good reputation so I'm good, but I'll keep @ElevatedEnergy in mind for the future .

That mix looks delicious! Did you deep condition with some heat for part of that time or did you rely on body heat altogether? I ask because I usually do thirty minutes with heat and the rest natural body heat. Also, part of that is just me being too lazy to rinse it out lolol

Also re your regimen, do you wash and deep condition every week or bi weekly?

I used body heat for this DC session. However, I have been known to DC overnight or use my steamer for 20 minutes. It's not really set in stone...all ways work well for me.

I usually wash every 10 to 14 days. I can go longer between wash days because I really don't use alot of product. I will DC with Shea butter added to whatever I'm using, rinse out the excess with warm water and apply a bit more to the ends of my hair. Around 3 days later, I will moisturize and seal with Shea again and that application usually lasts for a good 7 days. At that point I will either start my wash day all over or do a light Shea application if I don't have time to wash. But I really try not to push past 2 weeks...My scalp starts acting a bit wonky when I do and I don't play with my scalps health. LOL

Good morning ladies.:rose: Yesterday I tried to make a really large batch of whipped Shea butter. Ive never made a batch that large before sooooo I simply mixed all of my ingredients with no measuring. Bad idea. :badidea:
What I used:
4lbs of shea (2 different sellers)
EVOO
green matcha
Neem oil
Argan oil
Coconut oil (a whole lot)
JBCO
It didnt come out well at all.:bricks: Smh It looked smooth and well mixed but had a greasy mouse consistency. Like it was too greasy to be a cake batter consistency (I like the cake batter)
So because I NEEDED my Shea fix I tried to fight through it and make it work :burnup:...but couldn't. Sooooo I added almost a half pound extra to 1 of my containers.... Nope, I dont think it mixed well and it feels grainy....:cry:
I am lost and not sure how to fix this. I was thinking maybe I should try to correct it a jar at a time (8 jars).:darkcloud: Any suggestions are appreciated! Im drowning in wet greasy Whipped cream :drowning:

Back