Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
Ya'll, the butta is greasing the world. It is no longer confined to this thread. Shea done got folks, they outside of this thread living like things are just 'normal'.

@ilong just drops in another thread matter of factly, " I bought two (2) 25 pound containers of Shea butter..." :eek:

That's 50 pounds of Shea butter. She is not even in this thread and she's buying 5o pounds of Shea as if she were buying a stick of butter!

Shea done got her and consumed her completely. :look: :toocool: :)

Come on in here @ilong and Shout it out girl. We family and we know what you going through.

giphy.gif

No judgment... No more hiding...no more secrets. Come into the Shea fold.

tenor.gif

We here for you, girl. Break free, "Shake it loose, shake the Shea tree!"

giphy.gif

It's over. You can release the 'Butta Burden' and finally rest.

giphy.gif

We got you. We here for you...

Steps back from the mic to do the Shea Slide to show love and support.

Last edited:

Continuing down the road onto which @ElevatedEnergy has so boldly stepped...
This group/association has contact information. I wonder if any of these women sell Shea butter?

A small update:

She has access to ivory Shea butter and the cost is $5 a pound. We are still working out shipping and should have an update on Monday. Since the butter is coming straight from Africa, shipping will be a bit longer compared to just ordering something from the US.

Here is the market where most gather to sell their products. I wanna get my hands on some of that raw African honey too.

I hardly ever go into a WW, however, I have family in from out of town and I had to take them there today. I WISH I would have seen this post prior to going. Now, I will go back and check it out tomorrow...

How does it work so far?

I haven't used it yet. I took everything out the box and washed all the attachments and she is so purty! I will probably whip up something on Thursday or Friday.

Ya'll, the butta is greasing the world. It is no longer confined to this thread. Shea done got folks, they outside of this thread living like things are just 'normal'.

@ilong just drops in another thread matter of factly, " I bought two (2) 25 pound containers of Shea butter..." :eek:

That's 50 pounds of Shea butter. She is not even in this thread and she's buying 5o pounds of Shea as if she were buying a stick of butter!

Come on in here @ilong and Shout it out girl. We family and we know what you going through.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

These Church .gif's entertain me, @Chicoro ! lololol...

see, the lady the bottom... I can tell just by looking at her that her Sunday dinner is ready. In fact, her dinner was ready before she got dressed for church. Collards are on top of the stove, done. The roasted chicken sittin on top of the stove in an aluminum pan with that foil covering it and the foil is stretched tight too! Not a single wrinkle in that foil and you better not go in the kitchen and lift it up lololol..... As soon as she leaves church at 4:00 and head home, dinner will be served..lololol Ole Passa will be at her house for dinner around 6....lolol

Those elders in the church don't play when it comes to their Sunday dinner. They start cooking that dinner on Saturday.

Received a Partial Refund on that Funk Butta' I bought.:angry2:

No Shade to UFD. :giggle:

This is more like Great-Great-Great-Grandma Funka'.:lol:

I have left the bag open to see if the Cow Caca scent finally lessens.:barf:

5lb of pure unadulterated funk.:nono: And no amount of EO will cover it up.

That scent bleeds through everything.:perplexed:

Can you segregate it and use for melted Shea products? I melt Shea for my cassia glosses, I could deal with funk that way.

A small update:

She has access to ivory Shea butter and the cost is $5 a pound. We are still working out shipping and should have an update on Monday. Since the butter is coming straight from Africa, shipping will be a bit longer compared to just ordering something from the US.

Here is the market where most gather to sell their products. I wanna get my hands on some of that raw African honey too.

What I want from their market:
  • Shea butter
  • Cactus oil
  • Lemon butter (what is that??? It sounds delicious.)
  • Cocoa butter
  • Honey

A small update:

I pay about 2.99 Euros for 500 grams. So, that's a good price. That's $3.50 more per pound than the price I quoted up thread.

Are you going to become a distributor in the US, @ElevatedEnergy ?

You never know what can happen!

Does anyone find Shea butter hard to wash out on wash day? The buildup is off the chain for me. I keep my hair blue black but it looks so ashy after using shea butter.

I do not have ashy build-up of Shea on my hair. I did when I first tried to use Shea years ago, though.

It depends on several things. If you hair is relaxed or natural. If your hair is worn heat straightened or not. The style you plan to have after washing the hair. The kind of shampoo and conditioner used. The kind of butter used. The other ingredients in your Shea butter, if you are using a mix. How you actually mixed the butter, by hand, with a fork, with a blender, with a wire whisker etc. All of this plus other components can impact the outcome of your hair, the butter and the hair and the butter together. It depends.

@IDareT'sHair its Curly Proverbz shea butter mix. Here are the videos. She used the oil infusion from first video without the olive oil to make her shea butter mix.

Oh and skip to 6:06 for actual demo:look:

I add way more shea butter than any other butter. I also add mahbringrahj (sp) oil or powder. Make sure you strain your oils after infusing, before you let it solidify.

Thank you!

Update: y’all my braids are finally long enough to be pulled back into a ponytail!! :pepper:I have options now!! I don’t have to take down my braids for work unless I want to. I can just slick down my edges with gel and be good to go! I think I still will because I wanna moisturize my hair daily. When it’s in braids I don’t. What do you think? @Chicoro

How do you make your Shea Butter? Do you use it raw? I don’t have problems with buildup either. Weird.

I use yellow shea butter from the beauty supply store. Whipped with a hand mixer with a teaspoon each of JBCO, Avocado Sunflower oil mix and Alma oil until light and fluffy. My hair gets dry and ashy looking after a few days and my scalp is greasy. I usually cornrow my natural hair and wear wigs but on days I don't feel like wigs I will wear two braids. I am happy with the overall products I use for my hair, shea butter has been the only new addition to my regimen since Dec 2017. I am fine with removing it to see there is a difference in my hair.

Update: y’all my braids are finally long enough to be pulled back into a ponytail!! :pepper:I have options now!! I don’t have to take down my braids for work unless I want to. I can just slick down my edges with gel and be good to go! I think I still will because I wanna moisturize my hair daily. When it’s in braids I don’t. What do you think? @Chicoro

Continue the same process that got you here.

I pay about 2.99 Euros for 500 grams. So, that's a good price. That's $3.50 more per pound than the price I quoted up thread.

Are you going to become a distributor in the US, @ElevatedEnergy ?

You never know what can happen!

I've never thought about that but at the moment, I'd have to say no. My goal for now is to make sure that all who desires has the ability to get it from the direct source. @Chicoro

These Church .gif's entertain me, @Chicoro ! lololol...

see, the lady the bottom... I can tell just by looking at her that her Sunday dinner is ready. In fact, her dinner was ready before she got dressed for church. Collards are on top of the stove, done. The roasted chicken sittin on top of the stove in an aluminum pan with that foil covering it and the foil is stretched tight too! Not a single wrinkle in that foil and you better not go in the kitchen and lift it up lololol..... As soon as she leaves church at 4:00 and head home, dinner will be served..lololol Ole Passa will be at her house for dinner around 6....lolol

Those elders in the church don't play when it comes to their Sunday dinner. They start cooking that dinner on Saturday.

Why did I just play out this entire post in my head like a scene from a movie? You are a great story teller! @ThatJerseyGirl I was shaking my head in agreement bout them collard greens. My grandma would surely have her pot cooked and ready the night before and had a fly swatter on deck to pop any hands that tried to eat early!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OMG!! @Chicoro - I haven't had such a great laugh in sooooo long!!!

But I can't lie - 50 pounds of Shea Butter says it all!!! I've been gotten, my DGD,my daughter, niece, great niece, sister - heck , the entire family including extended family have all been gotten by that "buttery creamy crack".

Girl ... Shea got her own kitchen, fully equipped with it's own mixer, measuring cup, spatulas, spoons, bowls and measuring spoons. I don't play with my Shea!

I didn't mention it in the other thread - but I'm starting to break out in nervous hives as I think my "Shea Stock" is running low - I only have about 15 pounds left what if I run out?? Oh no - can't do than, hmmm??? I know this summer I'll order 50/50 .

:sekret:Hi.

Wash day was the best today because of Shea Butter.:shocked:

After DCing my hair melted into its own parts without me having to meticulously part it piece by piece to do my air dry twists.

My hair felt extremely soft. EXTREMELY soft. NO SHED HAIRS AFTER WASHING:pullhair: HUH??? :rofl:joyously laughing.

This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship :rosebud:.:runninghug: .

Just wow.

Back