Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
Shea butter made me a believer! Look at this curl!!! I would have never thought my hair would curl at the ends! Thank you for this thread!
View attachment 437835

Enjoy those pretty curls! Be dazzled by them for a little bit...but understand lurking around the corner are Monster Tangles! Stretch those ends, girly! Curls are pretty but they will EAT your length progress.

It's never too late to jump on that Shea Train! You just never know what you may discover by putting your hair together with Queen Shea. She may bestow honors upon your head of which you have never dreamed. Like what you ask:

• Curls at the end of your hair!
  • Less knots on your hair!
  • Erasure of tangles!
  • Retention of length!
She can do it. :amen: Yes, Queen Shea can!

Just popping my head up from hibernation....i'm still on the shea train and haven't had a trim since April. I'm avoiding a length check until December when i texlax....I have gotten to a simple place where i just mix my shea with castor oil. Cant wait till mid december so i can see how much hair i have been able to retain

Are you lurking out there? Do you have an experience you want to share?

Holds hand up. Pretty much adopted your shea butter regimen over summer and shea butter has done wonders. A couple of weeks ago I jumped back onto the jerry juice after 8 year hiatus (i consistently over indulged and got severe breakage and got scared) and the combination with the shea butter has me certain i'll be approaching bsl next year. I was NL start of the year and approaching APL now.

My hair is moisturised and thriving!!

Holds hand up. Pretty much adopted your shea butter regimen over summer and shea butter has done wonders. A couple of weeks ago I jumped back onto the jerry juice after 8 year hiatus (i consistently over indulged and got severe breakage and got scared) and the combination with the shea butter has me certain i'll be approaching bsl next year. I was NL start of the year and approaching APL now.

My hair is moisturised and thriving!!

Yeah! You just never know who you might help. It's not a inquisition although I'm inquisitive. Your paragraph above is very intriguing. I love hair and hair journeys. Hence: LOTS OF QUESTIONS for you!!!!!!

• What's your regimen exactly, please ?
  • Did you start your Shea regimen in June, July or August of 2018?
  • At the beginning of November 2018 you started using Scurl?
  • What do you mean you 'overindulged'? You put in product everyday? The quantity was too much?
  • You said you had severe breakage. What was your starting length before the breakage and what was your ending length after the breakage? This was over how many months or how many years?
  • You think you will be at bra-strap length by when, as in which month in 2019?
  • In January 2018 your hair was at neck length. How far are you from armpit length in inches as of today?
Congratulations on your success!

@Chicoro more than happy to answer your questions!! I wouldn't be on the right track without you!

Yeah! You just never know who you might help. It's not a inquisition although I'm inquisitive. Your paragraph above is very intriguing. I love hair and hair journeys. Hence: LOTS OF QUESTIONS for you!!!!!!

• What's your regimen exactly, please ?
    its all over the place:
Products
Shampoos: ORS clarifying, Redken Extreme, sulphate-free shampoo ( I cant remember the bottle but the original was a yellow and green bottle they discontinued )
Prepoo: warm safflower oil mixed with garnier nutri-repair (tub)
Protein conditioners - Mielle mint; Tigi Dumb Blonde
Moisturising conditioners - Concoction of Aussie moist + Organix argan of Morocco + Garnier honey (bottle) ; camilla rose Moroccan pear.
treatments: Aphogee; adore clear or black rinse
leave-in : Infusium 23 or on special occasions the remaining of my precious 911 emergency. (as an aside - IF anyone sees or has bottle of the 911 please let me know)
Butters: shea butter
Oils: castor, MTG, vatika
New addition: aztec clay
other methods: minimal combing; minimal DC length ( i don't DC for longer than 20min with one product)

Wash Day(s)
I protective style with wigs or weave. An average wash day is every fortnight and is followed by a 2day routine. I unbraid, apply my preepoo and let it sit for about 30min.
Jump in the shower and in sections finger detangle, shampoo then apply Tigi for 15min. I rinse then apply a mositurising conditioner for 20min.
After, I sptriz some xcel, slather on shea butter, braid 8/10 single plaits then put on my bonnet to sleep or just airdry.
The following day i 'cowash' with mielle mint for 10min/ and or a moisturising con and top with castor oil for 10min , repeat the post wash process from the day before.
On the day 3 i repeat day 2 except I now detangle with a comb then denman after I apply the castor oil. After I rinse I apply infusium followed by the carefreecurl and shea butter. I xcel my roots and apply mtg . I then braid 8 plaits and slather more CFC and shea butter on the ends and seal with castor oil.

Everyday
Either Xcel or CFC the entire braid and apply shea butter concentrating on the ends followed by castor oil. On a random day I might wet half the length of the braids then apply shea butter and castor oil.

• Did you start your Shea regimen in June, July or August of 2018? Actually I had a better think - its been since Jan that I've been using shea and June that I've been noticeably heavy handed with it on my ends. After seeing your pics i realised i was being shea shy and needed to step my game up.

• At the beginning of November 2018 you started using Scurl? i can't get s-curl here in the token African hair shop lol so I settled for Care Free Curl. My hair LOOKS moisturised. Not that I felt i was battling dryness before but noooowwwww I feel and see the difference.
  • What do you mean you 'overindulged'? You put in product everyday? The quantity was too much? I was protective styling with weave and had a major setback (over-processed texlax hair). Before the setback I would coat my hair with s-curl then coat with castor oil and braid up. Every other day i'd squirt some on the tracks and alternate with the original surge. After the setback I tried to continue this method and actually increased how much s-curl i used without upping the protein. What resulted was mushy hair that just broke all the time. However I tried to remedy it, Scurl just didn't like me anymore so i stopped.
  • You said you had severe breakage. What was your starting length before the breakage and what was your ending length after the breakage? This was over how many months or how many years? During my scurl years and before the breakage (my display pic) I was BSL fine strands but super dense. Post breakage only 25% of hairs was BSL. I cut to NL back then stopped putting in the effort for probably 5/6 years. Jan 2017 I was approaching APL then boom! another setback with a relaxer and this time it was bad bad. Within 3 months my nape was gone. Not even the nape, from my ear to nape all the hair had broken off to about half an inch. I stopped relaxing and in June I Bc'd to a TWA.
  • You think you will be at bra-strap length by when, as in which month in 2019? Dec 2019- less pressure.
  • In January 2018 your hair was at neck length. How far are you from armpit length in inches as of today? My hair grows in layers and in a v. The back-middle part is an over-achiever and is prob 3/4 of an inch away. It should be there by the end of the year.

Back