Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
whip up the other 2 pounds and sell them in 4 once containers locally. (My husband takes them to work, keep them in his office on a shelf and people usually buy them from him) He's the boss, so I'm not sure if they sell because of that reason :lachen: or if people really like them :lachen:
@ElevatedEnergy
So do you make 1 blend or do you offer them an assortment of different blends? Are you making them for B.ody & Ha.ir or what?:love2:

@Chicoro
Beauti's post reconfirms and supports @ThatJerseyGirl 's findings.:up:

That people who have super long afro-textured hair use shea butter in their regimen during their hair journey? (Chicoro)

:arrowright:Well, then! I guess we are all :grouphug3:in the right place. :arrowdown: Here:arrowright: in this thread,:arrowup: doing the Shea Slide! :cheers: Riding the Shea Train! :clapping::grinwink:

Last edited:
How our strands do that shea slide :lachen:

giphy.gif

@ElevatedEnergy
So do you make 1 blend or do you offer them an assortment of different blends? Are you making them for B.ody & Ha.ir or what?:love2:

I make the blend I noted upthread @IDareT'sHair (4 ounces shea, 2 ounces mango and 4 ounces oil)
I take the back of a fork, mash the oils into the butter until all the lumps are gone, add 25 drops of fragrance and whip for around 8-10 minutes. This amount of whipping puts enough air in it to fill up 4 x 4 ounce jars. I do this once a week on a Thursday so he takes them in every Friday. (payday) ;) I like to make them in small batches so I can have different scents available.

They can be used from head to toe, but when I go in the office...I see that most people keep them on their desk and use them on their hands after washing them. Some of my husbands basketball buddies keep them in their locker and use them on their body after they shower from their daily basketball lunch games. I've only heard of one lady using it on her hair...well her daughter's hair...and she has been a repeat customer.

Now, sis...

giphy.gif
@NappyNelle
I will save on the number of Shea Products I had been spending money on. (Hopefully).

If I get my blends right, it should cut down on that kind of stuff.:look:

Naturally, I'll still hafta' get DC'ers, Greases and stuff. But most Butters - should be virtually eliminated.:look:

At least that's the plan.:look:

I'll use up what I have in between using my own blends (SheaVeda) which have been just as whipped. And my scents should be here Friday. :love2:

Get 'em smellin' all good.:lick:

When I used my mix two weeks ago and washed this last Sunday, my knots were minimal. Tangles too. On Sunday, I had no time, so I did a wash and go. Last night when I washed, I regretted using no Shea Butter. I used t last night and it’s been great.

I think for me, I needed the right texture. I can’t use Shea Butter out of the tub; it’s needs to be well whipped.

When I used my mix two weeks ago and washed this last Sunday, my knots were minimal. Tangles too. On Sunday, I had no time, so I did a wash and go. Last night when I washed, I regretted using no Shea Butter. I used t last night and it’s been great.

I think for me, I needed the right texture. I can’t use Shea Butter out of the tub; it’s needs to be well whipped.

Glad to hear that your knots are at the minimal range and tangles, too. Shea Slide strikes again!

It's 2:58 am in my neck of the woods and for whatever reason, I can't sleep. Oh, well. I don't know of very many people who use shea butter on the hair without mixing it down and whipping it or making it creamy.

I personally could never use shea butter as is, on my hair. But when it's whipped, I'm whipped! I could literally bathe in whipped shea butter.

I made a batch of shea butter mix from Bulk Apothecary. I put mostly shea butter, some mango butter, two tablespoons each of EVOO and castor oil. Mixed that up real good with my little mixer with some Pink Vanilla Kiss fragrance oil. The Pink Vanilla Kiss smells good in the mix, but next time I'll use a stronger scent because this one was kind of light for my tastes since the SB was nutty scented.

I globbed the mix just like how I like to heavy seal on my entire strand (my hair is in chunky twists). My hair felt so heavenly, very soft. I braided my twists up into two large braids on either side of my head (to go under my wig). I won't take my twists/braids down until wash day on Sunday.

Shea butter is life though. This evening, I was able to slide shed hairs out of my two braids (cornrows).

@Chicoro thank you for the S-Curl suggestion. It is keeping my ends moisturized better than my Hair Dew.

You mean you could literally pull the shedded hairs from your braids without undoing them? :eek: Yes, Scurl is an old, trusted, friend. Just when you think you are about to push it aside, it comes racing back with an even more useful application.

You are using the Scurl in conjunction with the shea butter, right? Are you using the Scurl on your ends, or from root to tip?

I made a batch of shea butter mix from Bulk Apothecary. I put mostly shea butter, some mango butter, two tablespoons each of EVOO and castor oil. Mixed that up real good with my little mixer with some Pink Vanilla Kiss fragrance oil. The Pink Vanilla Kiss smells good in the mix, but next time I'll use a stronger scent because this one was kind of light for my tastes since the SB was nutty scented.

I globbed the mix just like how I like to heavy seal on my entire strand (my hair is in chunky twists). My hair felt so heavenly, very soft. I braided my twists up into two large braids on either side of my head (to go under my wig). I won't take my twists/braids down until wash day on Sunday.

Does your hair feel oily with the mix? Or, does your hair absorb it immediately? I'm greasy for about 4 hours and then my hair absorbs it pretty well.

Does your hair feel oily with the mix? Or, does your hair absorb it immediately? I'm greasy for about 4 hours and then my hair absorbs it pretty well.
My hair feels oily, but I like it that way :look: I put that mess up and don't bother with it again for a few days. Anyone who knows me on here knows I'm a butter head and I don't care! :lol: But when I was putting the SB on my hair, it was absorbing extremely well...saw no whiteness whatsoever and it just sank into my hair and felt really good going on. I'm gonna keep this up.

You mean you could literally pull the shedded hairs from your braids without undoing them? :eek: Yes, Scurl is an old, trusted, friend. Just when you think you are about to push it aside, it comes racing back with an even more useful application.

You are using the Scurl in conjunction with the shea butter, right? Are you using the Scurl on your ends, or from root to tip?

I use the S-Curl just on my ends. I layer my ends with S-Curl, Hair Dew, and shea mix. The Hair Dew is probably unnecessary. I haven’t used the S-Curl in any other way yet.

I agree with this too. My shea butter is whipped until it is light and air-y. If I dip my finger in it, it will immediatey start to slide down my finger and turn into a decadent smooth like lotion.

Thanks to @Froreal3 and @IDareT'sHair I just ordered almost 20 different fragrances from Bulk Apothecary. *shimmies shoulders* Gotta keep these shea mixes smelling good!
I love fragrances. They are so good. I have the homemade pumpkin pie scent...I can't wait to make a batch with that one. That is a stronger scent.
@Froreal3
Good point about the 'lightness' of the Fr.agrance.:up:

I'll be mindful of that when mine comes.:yep:

Yes, definitely with the lighter fragrances, don't make a huge batch like I did.

My hair feels oily, but I like it that way :look: I put that mess up and don't bother with it again for a few days. Anyone who knows me on here knows I'm a butter head and I don't care! :lol: But when I was putting the SB on my hair, it was absorbing extremely well...saw no whiteness whatsoever and it just sank into my hair and felt really good going on. I'm gonna keep this up.

I like my hair greasy, too! It DOES feel good going into the hair. It's almost therapeutic and soothing.

I use the S-Curl just on my ends. I layer my ends with S-Curl, Hair Dew, and shea mix. The Hair Dew is probably unnecessary. I haven’t used the S-Curl in any other way yet.

Let us know how your ends feel once you try it without the Hair Dew. Do you have a link to the Hair Dew product?

Back