Sharing my straight hair PICS on natural BSL hair...rockin' the flatty!

Diva_Esq

Hey LHCF homies! :)

I just wanted to share a few of my pics. I had to length check at the end of the year for challenges, so I got my hair flat ironed and trimmed by my stylist. The first weekend in January, I went to Vegas and enjoyed playing around with my straightened natural hair for about a week and throughout the trip. Just thought I'd share a few pics...because I rarely flat iron.

By the way, just in case you were wondering, I started out with a TWA (4") when I BC'd after an 11 month transition on 4/5/10. By my length check on 12/29/11, I was at BSL.

Also, I combination air dried and blow dried my hair with Sabino Moisture Block and Mizani Supreme Oil, then my stylist flat ironed it. He did not need to add any additional product.

Ok, enough chatter...the pics:

Official length shot (BSL :yay: )
picture.php

Right after being flat ironed...grays are taking over! :nono:
picture.php

You know we ALWAYS have to take car pics when we're stepping out! LOL
picture.php

Still waiting on my front to catch up with my back...mullet :)
picture.php

Brrrrr, cold in Nebraska! And as you can see, I'm a hat girl! :yep:
picture.php

Sideswept barrel curls with a ceramic iron on medium heat...fun!
picture.php

I've always admired this look on weaved ladies, and I am glad I can actually do it with my own hair now! I love the versatility of being natural!
Ok, here's my serious sexy look...:spinning:
picture.php

Thanks for looking! I look forward to checking my progress again in March! HHG! :)

Last edited:
*standing ovation* girl ur hair is to die for!!! So shiny, thick and healthy! Absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing :D

PersuasiveBeauty said:
Gray hairs? You look no older than 29....Seriously. If that even. How do you have gray hairs?

I'm 29 and I have gray hairs :(

I also have a 4yr old and a 1yr old so I attribute the hairs to having young chilrens lolol

Fabulous Hair!!!

May I ask, how did you use the Sabino's and the Mizani Supeme Oil, before drying or after? Before Ironing or after? TIA :rolleyes:

Gorgeous!!!! Love the last style!!! I started getting gray hair in middle school... now my eyelashes are turning gray!! Thank God for Henna and mascara!! Lol!!

Love the hair. Love the side swept look. And you're oh so Diva in those earrings in the sexy look pic. You rocked it!

Gray hairs? You look no older than 29....Seriously. If that even. How do you have gray hairs?

LOL, I am 36. I'll be 37 in June. And they started coming in around 31/32 or so. Now there's a tribe of those suckas in my head! Thanks for 29 though...I'll take it! ;)

Fabulous Hair!!!

May I ask, how did you use the Sabino's and the Mizani Supeme Oil, before drying or after? Before Ironing or after? TIA :rolleyes:

Thank you very much! :) I rubbed about a dime size amount of Sabino and about a dime size amount of Supreme Oil in each section before blow drying for a few seconds. My hair was just damp because it had air-dried in a braid for a few hours. So it really didn't take a lot of blow drying. I blow dried in like 6 sections. I loosely divide my hair from ear to ear and then blow dry the back in 3 small sections and the top in 3 small sections. Then I put on a scarf and head to the salon to get my flatty done, so before ironing. I am very picky about products, how my hair is washed, dried and handled, etc. He flat irons it and dry trims it once straightened. Hope that helps! :)

Gorgeous!!!! Love the last style!!! I started getting gray hair in middle school... now my eyelashes are turning gray!! Thank God for Henna and mascara!! Lol!!

Thank you! WOW...gray eyebrows! You're scaring me!! I've already been religiously checking "the love below" to make sure she is a no gray zone! :look:

Love the hair. Love the side swept look. And you're oh so Diva in those earrings in the sexy look pic. You rocked it!

Thank you! I had fun with that look. And those are some of my fav earrings! As comedianne, Sommore says, "I like shiny ish!" :lachen:

I remember when you first BC'd... your growth is amazing!!
congrats! I remember your BC!

Way back when... :) Thank you both!

Your pics made me smile. Beautiful hair!!!

What a sweet compliment! Thank you so much! :)

GREAT Progress!

You and your hair are really beautiful :yep:

Thanks for sharing.

ETA: Diva_Esq How many inches is your hair now? I'm hoping I can reach your length this time next year. I doubt it tho.. lol. What's your secret? Spill it.

I just clicked on your profile (I'm not trying to become your new stalker :look: )

I noticed you have 3b hair... (I have like 3b/c) and right now shrinkage is not too bad for me. Does your hair shrink alot? What length is your hair in its natural state? Sorry for all the Qs

I need to see your bc pics. I bc'ed a couple months after you and I'm just now grazing apl. I started with a caesar cut though...lol

How do you normally wear your hair?

Beautiful head of hair!

i need to stop coming into these threads. i'm on a personal not heat challenge and this is not making it easier. :ohwell:

your hair looks really pretty OP.

Back