Sharing my straight hair PICS on natural BSL hair...rockin' the flatty!

Beautiful justbeautiful! I am so jealous right now. My cousin was only suppose to cut my ends 1" and cut off more than 6". I AM PISSED. I will post pics later.

Hey LHCF homies! :)

I just wanted to share a few of my pics. I had to length check at the end of the year for challenges, so I got my hair flat ironed and trimmed by my stylist. The first weekend in January, I went to Vegas and enjoyed playing around with my straightened natural hair for about a week and throughout the trip. Just thought I'd share a few pics...because I rarely flat iron.

By the way, just in case you were wondering, I started out with a TWA (4") when I BC'd after an 11 month transition on 4/5/10. By my length check on 12/29/11, I was at BSL.

Also, I combination air dried and blow dried my hair with Sabino Moisture Block and Mizani Supreme Oil, then my stylist flat ironed it. He did not need to add any additional product.

Ok, enough chatter...the pics:

Official length shot (BSL :yay: )
picture.php

Right after being flat ironed...grays are taking over! :nono:
picture.php

You know we ALWAYS have to take car pics when we're stepping out! LOL
picture.php

Still waiting on my front to catch up with my back...mullet :)
picture.php

Brrrrr, cold in Nebraska! And as you can see, I'm a hat girl! :yep:
picture.php

Sideswept barrel curls with a ceramic iron on medium heat...fun!
picture.php

I've always admired this look on weaved ladies, and I am glad I can actually do it with my own hair now! I love the versatility of being natural!
Ok, here's my serious sexy look...:spinning:
picture.php

Thanks for looking! I look forward to checking my progress again in March! HHG! :)
Wow! Your hair is inspirational.. I have some grays, too:) it isn't stopping us from reaching our hair goals!!. Loved your pics:)

OP, this was very exciting for me because I'm just a few months behind you! My last relaxer was August 2009. With any luck, I'll be BSL this spring. I cannot wait! Your hair looks great!

GREAT Progress!

You and your hair are really beautiful :yep:

Thanks for sharing.

ETA: @Diva_Esq How many inches is your hair now? I'm hoping I can reach your length this time next year. I doubt it tho.. lol. What's your secret? Spill it.

@Lucille:
Thank you! I put the measuring tape at my hairline and had DH measure where the longest part in the back hit and it was 24 1/2". If I take a back piece from scalp in the back to tip, it is about 14 1/2" by DH's measurement.

My secret...hmm, basically, I do one of 4 routines all the time:
1) cowash daily with Aussie Moist 3MM, wet bun or pin up or "half-fro" and leave in KCKT and SheaMoisture Curl Smoothie, one or two braids at night, satin sakk or satin sleep cap from Sally Beauty. Repeat the next day. Here are pics:

Pin up
picture.php

old pic of half-fro
picture.php

wet bun pin up
picture.php

2) twists then a twist out
picture.php

picture.php

3) flat ironed 4x a year for length checks and trims, and maybe once or twice more for a special occasion (which rarely happens, b/c I just plan things around my regular trim schedule) (see initial pics in original post)

4) Rarely, a wash n go or wash n go in a banana clip. I say rarely b/c detangling my hair is no joke when it's just down! So I don't do it often.

SOOOOOO, basically, I think the thing my hair thrives off of is constant conditioning, super frequent cowashing, water, moisture rich products, and keeping it pinned up a lot. :yep:

I just clicked on your profile (I'm not trying to become your new stalker :look: )

I noticed you have 3b hair... (I have like 3b/c) and right now shrinkage is not too bad for me. Does your hair shrink alot? What length is your hair in its natural state? Sorry for all the Qs

Lucille: I actually have multiple textures...mostly 3a, b and c. I think my hair shrinks a ton!! Natural hair curly in a wash n go falls between SL and APL...but my goal is for it to fall at MBL curly. I don't mind questions. :)

I need to see your bc pics. I bc'ed a couple months after you and I'm just now grazing apl. I started with a caesar cut though...lol

How do you normally wear your hair?

Beautiful head of hair!

deltagyrl: Thanks, Soror! ;) Here are my BC pics.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

See above for how I normally wear my hair. :)

i need to stop coming into these threads. i'm on a personal not heat challenge and this is not making it easier. :ohwell:

your hair looks really pretty OP.

@LovelyNaps26: Thank you! I only flat iron a few times a year! Stick with your no heat challenge! :)

Beautiful justbeautiful! I am so jealous right now. My cousin was only suppose to cut my ends 1" and cut off more than 6". I AM PISSED. I will post pics later.

@jenaccess: OH NO! So sorry that happened to you! :( Thank you!

OP, this was very exciting for me because I'm just a few months behind you! My last relaxer was August 2009. With any luck, I'll be BSL this spring. I cannot wait! Your hair looks great!

@prettypithy: GOOD LUCK reaching your goal! You can do it! :)

Last edited:
Back