Shampooing with two shampoos?

*Muffin*

I just had a question for those who use two shampoos on wash days. I know product lines carry different types of shampoo (such as clarifying, protein, moisturizing, etc...) but what I found confusing is that some people use more than one kind of shampoo when they shower. For instance, I was watching this video in which this woman (who has gorgeous hair, mind you) was saying that she likes to first wash with Keracare's first lather and then follow up with a moisture boost shampoo. In my mind I was like "isn't conditioner supposed to give you a moisture boost?" :perplexed. Is it just a matter of personal preference or are some shampoos better used in conjunction with other shampoos? TIA :).

I use two shampoo.I always follow up design essentials moisturizing shampoo after using paul mitchell's chelator.When I skip this step,my hair is harder to detangle when I'm conditioning and my hair doesn't ley s flat.For me,the 2nd moisturizing shampoo detangles and adds much needed moisture back into my hair before moving on to the next step.

I think the idea that one should do what works best for her hair is appropriate for this one.

If you use a shampoo like First Lather (I think the name tells it all on this one), a 2nd moisturizing one can give you slip and prepare your hair for conditioning, as well as completing the cleansing process. Some people do need to lather twice to really get the hair clean and free from products.

Using a clarifying one would be too much for some, so why not use a nice moisturizing one for the 2nd lather?

But, then there are ladies here that only use shampoo on their scalps, dilute their shampoo, or not even use it at all.

Whatever works.

Thanks for the responses. It was just something I was curious about. I've heard of a couple of product lines that have different shampoos that can be used during the same wash (such as Keracare and Hydratherma Naturals shampoos). I guess I don't know that much about shampoos (other than clarifying, chelating, neutralizing, etc...) and I was under the impression that they were used for cleansing only. So the idea of one shampoo being used for cleansing and another used for moisturizing kind of confused me. Obviously it works well for people because Macherieamour has gorgeous hair and so do you ElleDoll :). So now I better understand the roles of protein shampoos and moisture shampoos.

On wash days I use two shampoos. The first is a clarifying shampoo: Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying shampoo. The second wash is a moisturizing shampoo: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo. Afterwards, i proceed to DC w/heat(Aubrey Organics HoneySuckleRose w/Jojoba oil, Sweet Almond oil, and EVCoconut oil, mixed in) Then styling/braiding/bunning....whatever! With that I use my Giovanni Direct LeaveIn:lick:, and then I usually just air dry in what ever style I choose.

Like previous poster said....its a matter of choice & preference.

Thanks for the responses. It was just something I was curious about. I've heard of a couple of product lines that have different shampoos that can be used during the same wash (such as Keracare and Hydratherma Naturals shampoos). I guess I don't know that much about shampoos (other than clarifying, chelating, neutralizing, etc...) and I was under the impression that they were used for cleansing only. So the idea of one shampoo being used for cleansing and another used for moisturizing kind of confused me. Obviously it works well for people because Macherieamour has gorgeous hair and so do you ElleDoll :). So now I better understand the roles of protein shampoos and moisture shampoos.

Well, I can relate. I used to have hard time believing that a shampoo with protein really does anything to hair. That was until I starting using one. I started using Lanza White Tea shampoo, nice but full of protein! I could tell after using it once a week for about 3 weeks. I could really tell after I did a separate protein treatment one the same day I used the White Tea shampoo. Major protein overload! I had to make sure I used shampoos that were protein free after that. Or just use them less often.

I don't use two different kinds of poo on EACH WASH DAY, but I rotate my shampoos between a medicated shampoo, a baby shampoo, and the moustirising shampoo from my relaxer line.

I've done this before. I've used a clarifying shampoo then a moisturizing shampoo. Now I use cv shampoo bars and I used a shampoo bar followed by a soap bar that's moisturizing.

I've heard this rule even from stylists (shocking i know :look:)...clarify and always follow up with a moisturizing shampoo. I admit my hair does feel different when i dont do this. My weapons of choice are the Joico Chelating Shampoo (gets rid of cones) and i follow up with their Joico moisture shampoo.

Back