“setting To Success” 2016

I did my 1st set of the season tonight using the entire CHI Keratin line. I prefer the It's a 10 LI over the CHI Keratin LI. The It's a 10 has more slip.

I got my @lulu97 on by having a glass of vino while getting the rollers upside my head. I used the Bouncy Curl rollers to set with.

Also, I took the Ms. Toasty (@toaster) setting cap for a whirl. I was only under the dryer for 45 mins. I meant to check my hair at 30 mins, but got distracted watching tv.

I bought an office chair from Goodwill to use while setting, but I don't know how to adjust the height, so it may be a bust. I'm going to have someone look at it and see if they can figure it out.
That's a nice chair. I hope it works out.

Review of Bouncy Curl Rollers:

I need to use these again and do the back 1st, so I can get my roots more taut. My roots in the back are not as smooth as when I do the MileHighDiva (MHD) Flexi Rod method. This is probably my fault due to setting the back once my arms were fatigued.

You can get the same results using the MHD method using green flexi rods. Basically, you're doing a figure 8 with your hair around a bent/folded flexi rod.

I bought these to support black business. I love to support my business savvy/creative Sistahs, :yep:

It was interesting getting under the dryer, because of the way they stick out. It may have been easier, if I could've adjusted the chair I was using.

I'll update my thoughts the next time I use them. In the meantime, I hope she makes a lot of $$$

MHD example below:

Attachments

• 20161030_142434.jpg
    20161030_142434.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 73
  • 20160408_215103.jpg
    20160408_215103.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 75
  • 20160408_205420.jpg
    20160408_205420.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20160409_105732_HDR.jpg
    20160409_105732_HDR.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I did my 1st set of the season tonight using the entire CHI Keratin line. I prefer the It's a 10 LI over the CHI Keratin LI. The It's a 10 has more slip.

I got my @lulu97 on by having a glass of vino while getting the rollers upside my head. I used the Bouncy Curl rollers to set with.

Also, I took the Ms. Toasty (@toaster) setting cap for a whirl. I was only under the dryer for 45 mins. I meant to check my hair at 30 mins, but got distracted watching tv.

I bought an office chair from Goodwill to use while setting, but I don't know how to adjust the height, so it may be a bust. I'm going to have someone look at it and see if they can figure it out.
Your set is so darn cute! Love the waves.

Hey ladies, hope you all had a great weekend. I did a flat twistout with permrod curlers at the ends. This was the best set that I've done all year. I got so many compliments from friends and coworkers. My hair was soft, feather-light, shiny, swanging -- AND it held the curl well. I used just 3 ingredients to set: water, 100% pure aloe vera gel, and Oyin Handmade hair dew. I also used my new tangle teezer for afro hair - love it. Wish I could post video. Pictures don't do the shine and body justice.
IMG_6544.jpg IMG_6547.jpg IMG_6548.jpg IMG_6550.jpg IMG_6554.jpg

I think what also helped was adding a teaspoon of henna to my DC mix. My DC mix was Oyin conditioner, 100% pure aloe vera gel, Silicon Mix, Joico Moisture Recovery, and henna all mixed together. People have been telling me my hair smells good all day haha. I DCed on damp hair, with heat for 30 minutes. Jumped in the shower and rinsed it out. Used ACV + water mix to cleanse my scalp.

I think I'll continue doing flat twistout rollersets. I love regular rollersets, but they're so much work. I'll save the full-blown rollersets for special occasions.

I'm under the dryer with my weekly set.

Getting a facial and a skin peel Thursday evening so I'm meal planning for the weekend. I'll be staying inside away from the sun and watching football. I know I'll have overnight oats for breakfast, but I'm thinking of having turkey burgers with sweet potatoes for lunch and making beef and veggie soup in the crockpot for dinner.

Humph. My hair care routine is set and I love all the products I use. Same for my skin care routine. I don't need any more makeup. WHAT CAN I BUY?

Starting on Monday I'm getting back into my gym routine. Maybe I need new workout clothes...

This. I mean, I am happy that I have found my staples but I kinda miss the excitement of trying new products. I guess I will move on to body care products.

This. I mean, I am happy that I have found my staples but I kinda miss the excitement of trying new products. I guess I will move on to body care products.
I know! I kind of miss the hunt. I tried a bunch of new body products but went back to dove beauty bar, cerave moisture cream, and Hawaiian tropic sunscreen. Boring, but my skin is smooth and even.

I may start buying more candles. I love home scents.

I pre-poo'd overnight with Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme
- Cleansed with Joico K Pak Clarifying poo.
-I have a much need henna treatment in right now.

I'm not sure how I'm going to style my hair. I've been watching flat twist videos on YT trying to ignore the election results.
Sounds lovely! I did my hair on Sunday and I'm under my bonnet and on the couch watching CBS.

I don't think there's anything hair related I'll be purchasing on Black Friday. Maybe some silk pillowcases to stock up.

I always want to talk about hair. I just wish I had more of it to talk about.

Not planning on buying anything black Friday.
How is your hair doing? Have you accomplished any of your 2016 hair goals? Are you close? I see a great difference in your hair from mildly following you around the forum, but I know how hard it can be to see the forest from the trees.

I really want to assess my 2017 hair goals before the year begins. I know I want to keep setting, that has truly been a life changer for me, especially as my hair has gotten longer.

I know! I kind of miss the hunt. I tried a bunch of new body products but went back to dove beauty bar, cerave moisture cream, and Hawaiian tropic sunscreen. Boring, but my skin is smooth and even.

I may start buying more candles. I love home scents.

I love candles (Bath & BodyWorks are my favorite) and wax melts. Home fragrance is where it's at!

Hi ladies. Does anyone want to talk about hair? Exciting Black Friday lists?

I'm in mini braids at the moment. Washing and roller setting them as needed. Easy Peasy!

Not interested in Black Friday shopping for hair stuff. I'm saving up for 2 wall water fountains for my girl room. I can't decide between one that you mount on the wall like this:

IMG_1833.JPG
Or a floor model (indoor version) like this:

IMG_1835.JPG

So I'm saving for both. :D
They cost a pretty penny so I'm watching my coins. LOL

The hair products I have should last me another solid 3 months so I'll shop again for staples in February'ish.

How is your hair doing? Have you accomplished any of your 2016 hair goals? Are you close? I see a great difference in your hair from mildly following you around the forum, but I know how hard it can be to see the forest from the trees.

I really want to assess my 2017 hair goals before the year begins. I know I want to keep setting, that has truly been a life changer for me, especially as my hair has gotten longer.

I think my hair is doing OK. I know I've made progress but not sure how much. I will be ending the year better than where I started. That's my silver lining.

I won't have any idea of my true progress until I straightened in December. I'm hoping I am grazing SL.

Back