SERUM on wet hair....where have i been!!!!

Dposh167

its AMAZING!!!!!....After my leave-in i sectioned my hair to prep for a braidout. Right before i braided i used garnier fructis sleek & shine frizz free serum on each section....then i let it airdry. once i took the braids out i was like :grin:...completely stunned...my hair could NEVER EVER air dry this soft....somehow i always thought folks were putting serum on after it was already dry. I guess i thought serum would leave the hair hard or it wouldnt work at all if put on wet hair. WELL NOW I KNOW...i cant wait to try this for my rollersets!!! has anyone experienced a big difference when they use serum vs. When they dont?

Yeah girl, were have you been :lol: That is my ish right there. I use some organix coconut serum on my wet hair when I air dry and :yay: :happydance:

Its awesome when rollersetting, especially when you are trying to get that swang. That is what I will be doing tomorrow for my sisters B-day party

Yea girl, I use Fantasia IC Olive Serum. It leaves the hair soooo soft, got that tip from Macherie.

yes i wish i knew about this a long time ago...ive had so many frizzy rollersets that couldve been avoided!

ive been air dryin like this for at least a year now, i thought this wasnt new:look:.
but anywho, i love the way it makes my hair feel sonce dried.

I love using serum on my wet hair! It makes my hair SO SO soft and helps me detangle with my fingers I use slick n shine and frizzease.

I did this with my last wash. I just used my favourite spray leave-in and then the serum with a ponytail rollerset and let it airdry. It was flawless this time.

Girl, you're late! :lachen:

Using a serum on wet hair is the business! I would never DREAM of doing a rollerset without one. I love Garnier serums, they smell so scrumptious :lick: Fantasia IC serums are good too :yep: and since their smells aren't overpowering, I like using them when I used a conditioner and leave-in that smells good :grin:

Serums are fun! :pepper:

For those that are using serum when you set your hair, is it all you're using? Or are you using the serum along with a setting lotion/mousse of some sort?

For those that are using serum when you set your hair, is it all you're using? Or are you using the serum along with a setting lotion/mousse of some sort?
I apply the serum after I apply my leave in.

OP, your hair looks cute in your sig :yep:

well girllll i'm late too. when i was relaxed i used it on dry hair...hell even back in may when i flat ironed i applied sabino MB after my hair was air dried.

-writes this down in my big book of hair secrets-

well girllll i'm late too. when i was relaxed i used it on dry hair...hell even back in may when i flat ironed i applied sabino MB after my hair was air dried.

-writes this down in my big book of hair secrets-

lolol...u did exactly what ive been doing all this time. I would put it on after my hair dried...but right before i flat ironed. i was wondering where was all this swang i was supposed to have!?...oh well...i luv learning new things...now i have a reason to buy new products (serums)

no its not new....im just slow apparantly.lol

I'm slow, too, LOL. I only started using serums on wet hair a few months ago. Now I don't see how I could have gone without it. I was using much more on dry hair than what I have to use on wet hair.

its AMAZING!!!!!....After my leave-in i sectioned my hair to prep for a braidout. Right before i braided i used garnier fructis sleek & shine frizz free serum on each section....then i let it airdry. once i took the braids out i was like :grin:...completely stunned...my hair could NEVER EVER air dry this soft....somehow i always thought folks were putting serum on after it was already dry. I guess i thought serum would leave the hair hard or it wouldnt work at all if put on wet hair. WELL NOW I KNOW...i cant wait to try this for my rollersets!!! has anyone experienced a big difference when they use serum vs. When they dont?

Oh yes! serum tames away frizz. I love it! I apply it to my semi wet hair(then oil,then I do my bantoo nots) and my hair comes out so soft shinny, bouncy. and it will last until my next shampoo.
Zanna

Last edited:
The very first time I used a serum was when I was relaxed and I used John Frieda Anti-Frizz Serum. The directions said to apply to wet hair so I've always known to use it on wet hair.

Later when I understood that serums seal in (or out) moisture, it made even more sense to apply it to wet hair to seal the moisture in. I even used them when I went natural for a while and my twists would be so soft. I'd wash and condition my hair then ACV rinse in twists and then smooth the serum along the length of my twists while they were still damp.

I only stopped doing it because there was no way you could moisturize your hair once the serum was on since it sealed the hair completely. So if my hair felt dry, I'd have to wash off the previous coating and reapply on damp hair, and I'm lazy. Plus with a serum, I couldn't baggy because if it got on my scalp, I'd have itches galore! :nono: Not to mention that I don't think it penetrates the strands so baggying would not make sense. So I became a no-product chick.

The very first time I used a serum was when I was relaxed and I used John Frieda Anti-Frizz Serum. The directions said to apply to wet hair so I've always known to use it on wet hair.

<snip>

I only stopped doing it because there was no way you could moisturize your hair once the serum was on since it sealed the hair completely. So if my hair felt dry, I'd have to wash off the previous coating and reapply on damp hair, and I'm lazy. Plus with a serum, I couldn't baggy because if it got on my scalp, I'd have itches galore! :nono: Not to mention that I don't think it penetrates the strands so baggying would not make sense. So I became a no-product chick.

This was my experience too.

I'm definitely loving serum on wet hair, whether natural or straight. For relaxed heads try Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum, and for naturals try Kerastase Oleo Relax Elixir.

Your braidout is why I'm doing one tonight it looks great!! How many braids did you do & what do you have it pinned back with?

hmm...I guess im late too because i've definitely been using serum on dry hair. lol. I always wondered why the serums I tried never worked as well as people claimed. So you put it on wet hair...well thats something else for me to try. I think I will try putting this on wet hair and see what happens. I noticed a lot of people that were doing it are relaxed...does it work for natural hair?

yup I just discovered this myself...I must've been living under a rock b/c serum on wet hair is the shizzle :yep: I tried this the other day and man is my hair soft...not to mention shiny!!! I love it

This has been part of my hair regimen for some time. On wet hair, I always add my moisturizer first and then serum to seal in the moisture.

Your braidout is why I'm doing one tonight it looks great!! How many braids did you do & what do you have it pinned back with?

thanks hun...its pinned back with hairzing...from hairzings.com....they are great!....as for my braids i did about 6-7 braids..more pics are in my fotki

Back