I'm trying a new serum!

Victorian

old head
I\'m trying a new serum!

On my list for purchases this month were some new serum (no more john frieda relax serum left) and some gel or pomade. Well today I was up in Wallyworld (Wal-Mart) going up and down the hair care aisle. I had planned on trying the smooth intense serum, but they had everything in the line BUT the serum, so I had to look for something else. I was going to get the regular frizz ease serum, but thought I might try something cheaper (I'm tired of paying 7-10 dollars for serum--that's why I was looking for the loreal). Anyway, I discoverd this brand, sitting next to the citre shine polisher (which I was considering) called Hask Pure Shine Frizz Remedy. The price was right, at under $5, and I was drawn in by the attractive packaging (it had SILVER on it!
laugh.gif
)--someone in marketing needs to get a raise
laugh.gif
This is what the package says on the back:

"Frizz Remedy Instantly smoothes frizzy, dry hair of all types and makes styling much easier in one application. Hair is more manageable with extra shine and volume. Special formula prevents frizzing in damp weather and hair looks smoother and glossier without sticky build-up"

and on the side panel:

*Easy styling
*incredible shine
*for frizz-free silky straight hair or beautiful soft curls
*smooths straight, frayed, curly or chemically-treated hair without heavy build-up
*easy pump dispenser
*special formula prevents frizzing even in damp weather!
*excellent for color-treated or permed hair
*contains sunscreen
*alcohol free

At this point, I'm pretty excited. But most importantly, I checked the ingredients:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate

That's all, just 3 ingredients. That last one is the sunscreen part (I looked it up on google just to make sure)

So far I only tried putting a little on my dry hair. It feels the same going on as the relax serum and has comparable shininess on dry hair
up.gif

The true test is on wet hair to see if it detangles as well...I've got a good feeling about it though
smile.gif

I also bought some Garnier Fructis Wet Shine gel. It smells nice and only cost $2.86. I'm going to use it as suggested on damp hair for slicking my hair back.

I think I need to wash my hair tonight so I can try out my serum...I mean, so it can be nice for church tomorrow
sekret.gif

laugh.gif
I'll keep you posted on how it goes
smile.gif

Back