Seriously, how long can she really keep pining over a man who doesn't want her?

naturalmanenyc

She calls, more often now that she's married, and she is shut down ASAP each and every time. She even stated that she knows they can never even be friends and he doesn't even like her as a person.

I wonder if her husband knows.

eh her business unless the man is your husband. is he?

there are people with serious issues, even personality disorders where they become unnaturally wrapped up with things or people BUT they are highly functioning so no one really thinks it could be something else or more serious for that matter.

It's some thing deeper going on with her. On the outside looking in we can easily say she is crazy but she may really have a certified label to go along with her actions.

She probably has been like this over a lot of guys. Does she have any stalking cases against her?

Some women get so obsessed with a best possible scenario with someone who gave them a glimmer of hope that they dont know how to move on.

ETA: let me also add that I think most people hang on to the thread of hope because they feel it has been extended to them due to some sort of action/reaction.

Usually it's because that person has unfinished business within themselves. Something inside them wants to be forgiven for whatever mistake they made or to be given another chance. There's a level of cluelessness, an inability to work it out on their own and in desperation they reach out to that person. I had this experience with women friends that I had to let go. Years will pass and I will hear from them. They will ask me if I want to be friends again and I keep saying no. One friend I had to tell off really harshly and I never heard from her again. The others I thought I was pretty harsh with too but it seems they need to be completely cursed out and told off and I'm not willing to do alladat, raising my blood pressure. So I expect every year or two to get a text or something. Just something in them that can't move on. They realize after the fact how special the person was and are unable to replace them or find someone else like them.

hopeful

This seems spot on. I do think it's an issue of forgiveness. Too bad she will NEVER be forgiven. Her actions were life changing.

Usually it's because that person has unfinished business within themselves. Something inside them wants to be forgiven for whatever mistake they made or to be given another chance. There's a level of cluelessness, an inability to work it out on their own and in desperation they reach out to that person. I had this experience with women friends that I had to let go. Years will pass and I will hear from them. They will ask me if I want to be friends again and I keep saying no. One friend I had to tell off really harshly and I never heard from her again. The others I thought I was pretty harsh with too but it seems they need to be completely cursed out and told off and I'm not willing to do alladat, raising my blood pressure. So I expect every year or two to get a text or something. Just something in them that can't move on. They realize after the fact how special the person was and are unable to replace them or find someone else like them.

....and they always want to talk about the old days.:nono:

Back