Serious question about scalp! *Please help me*

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
To keep it short, I have major scalp irritation and my doctor is away until May 10 (He's in the reserves). I need to know what to do about SERIOUS scalp irritation. Certain spots on my scalp are VERY irritated and one of those sections has my hair VERY thinned out.

It's at the very top of my head. I would explain it as the spot where men go bald. It stings as if I put lemon juice on a cut. It just started out of no where. Meanwhile, my hair is doing well and growing in the back but this section is breaking off and thinned out so you could see my scalp through it if my hair is combed into a ponytail.

What do those with eczema, severe dry scalp, and psoriasis do? It might help me too. Any help, please!

You should try to see another doctor. Don't use too many things on it as you might only be making it worse. Doesn't your doctor have someone else working for him?

[ QUOTE ]
mly3e said:
To keep it short, I have major scalp irritation and my doctor is away until May 10 (He's in the reserves). I need to know what to do about SERIOUS scalp irritation. Certain spots on my scalp are VERY irritated and one of those sections has my hair VERY thinned out.

It's at the very top of my head. I would explain it as the spot where men go bald. It stings as if I put lemon juice on a cut. It just started out of no where. Meanwhile, my hair is doing well and growing in the back but this section is breaking off and thinned out so you could see my scalp through it if my hair is combed into a ponytail.

What do those with eczema, severe dry scalp, and psoriasis do? It might help me too. Any help, please!

[/ QUOTE ] i think you can rule out Exzema cause i just found that in my daughter's scalp and it was not irritated and didnt hurt...unless you have been doing some serious scratching? have you used any new products?

also with Exzema there is bumps and sometimes thick skin.

aloe vera is healing, also tea tree oil...but that might sting. but i would think you need something to disinfect it if its open skin.

i dunno, i got my daughter's under control quicky with olive oil and butters , alot of moisture rubbed into her scalp. but i wouldnt suggest you use anything till you rule out any kind of bacterial infection..i knew my daughter didnt have one.

Also, Barry Fletcher's book entitled something like "Why are Black Women Losing their Hair" has a discussion of scalp disorders. Of course, such a discussion would not supersede what a licensed doctor has to tell you after medical consultation. But it could give you some idea about what's going on and what information might be useful to your doctor.

Thanks for your advice so far.

Let me just add a few more things. The skin looks the same, not red or with open sores it just feels sensitive and sore.

My doctor is a private doctor and does not have another doctor there.

I haven't usedany new products lately and I always keep my scalp clean and loose.

I went out and bought some Keracare dry itchy scalp shampoo and that tingled and somewhat soothed my scalp. I will continue with that until my doctor comes back.

Does anyone know of a leave in tonic or scalp cream for irritated scalp or dry scalp?

I will go first thing tomorrow. I know one that was a doctor in his country (Korea) Thanks.

Just to remind you I'm not a doctor, I'm just giving you this info from my personal experience back in 1999 I had the same problem, diagnosis, seborric dermatitis. My doctor prescribed a topical steroid for me to use on my scalp and a shampoo that I could only get with a prescription(use three times a week), in between the three times, I washed my hair with Neutrogena dandruff shampoo(it's orange and smells
barf.gif
), and cut most of my hair off to have a twa. I conditioned with a ACV conditioner that my aunt made for me along with a cholesterol deep conditioner. I also started eating right and drinking a wheatgrass shake every morning.

Do you use surge if so this could be the problem because it was a problem for me..i stopped using it and just oiled my scalp well the irritated part with liquid oils..and it eventually went away.

-Faye

I'm thinking it's dermitis also. There is a shampoo, Nizoril, that may help, but it is very drying to the hair. Mine would act up when I allow too many products to build up on my scalp. When you condition make sure you are applying to the hair not the scalp. I stopped using Nizoril because it made my hair a dried, tangled mess. Now, I'm using Philip Kingsley's Intensive Anti-Dandruff Treatment once a week and his scalp tonic. I increased my washes to twice weekly and I CO rinse atleast 3 times a week.

Hey! I was using Surge at one point!

From the responses I've gotten in this post and through PM's I figure that I am either allergic to something in my food or environment OR I am not getting enough vitamins and my diet sucks.

Here's what I'm gonna do:
1.)I started detoxing today and will do this for 2 weeks.
2.) I will juice apples, and carrots in my juicer and eat a lot more fruit.
3.) go back to massaging my scalp
4.) Get an allergy test to see what specifically may be the cause of dermititis
5.) Continue using Kera care itchy scalp, but use it 2x week.

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:
Do you use surge if so this could be the problem because it was a problem for me..i stopped using it and just oiled my scalp well the irritated part with liquid oils..and it eventually went away.

-Faye

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the possibility of it being a Surge reaction.

Surge has proven to be a blessing for many but there are a few that have found it to be a curse (including my 9 yr old daughter). Check out this thread Holy Cow! No more Surge for me!

If you feel you are having a reaction from the Surge I would recommend that you take the bottle with you when you go to the Dr. Some have suggested that there might be some contaminated bottles causing the problems. If this is the case then it might help your doctor in devising a plan of care. Also, keep that area as stress free (no pulling stress) as possible and keep it oiled. Until the Surge is ruled out, stay away from it! If it is the problem and you use it again with out any precautions you could go from having sensitive area to the full blown problems ie. redden area, scabs, grey flakes, etc.

Back